Smyrna vs. South Doyle

Live4FridayNite615

QUOTE(Sycamore Baseball 1 @ May 24 2007 - 01:13 AM) 826465804[/snapback]Sonny is one of the best if not the best pitcher in the state that is why he is already commited to vandy so i don't understand why you are putting him down.. and he only gave up 2 earned runs so that mean s all of your other runs came off errors...

Go read the posts from early yesterday...

Who was thumping their chests??? Those fools made old Sonny Boy sound like the 2nd coming of Nolan Ryan. They also said that SD hadn't faced competition as tough as Smyrna.

I guess I will finish by saying who is still playing and who is going on summer break???

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gone back and read the entire list of posts 5742, and not one post says something negative about SD. Just because a fan says their team is not intimidated and has confidence in their ace does not put down your squad. You should be proud of the fact that SD put up 8 hits against an extremely high round prospect. Do you think that because Sonny gave up 8 hits and 6 runs means he now will go undrafted, or have Vandy pull the offer??? It means your team is flat out good. Be proud of them but don't dog out a kid ("SONNY BOY"/WONDERBOY,as you have referred to him numerous times) with much more class than you have shown during your last few posts.

BY THE WAY IT IS 5-7-4-3 time to go back to typing class.

Would you like some cheese with your wine???

And when did I ever say anything about old Sonny Boy's college or pro future????

If you couldn't read those early posts yesterday and see how it was Sonny this and Sonny that then I guess you just don't get it.

My "wonderboy" statement is a play on the "wonderboy" nickname of Jeff Gordon who apparently can do no wrong for some as well.

There was a lot of big talk in the last week -- 1st from Oakland and then from Smyrna. Ive noticed that the fans of the teams still alive aren't talking as much. Probably pretty smart to talk after the game.

QUOTE(5743 @ May 24 2007 - 09:13 AM) 826465946[/snapback]BY THE WAY IT IS 5-7-4-3 time to go back to typing class.

Would you like some cheese with your wine???

And when did I ever say anything about old Sonny Boy's college or pro future????

If you couldn't read those early posts yesterday and see how it was Sonny this and Sonny that then I guess you just don't get it.

My "wonderboy" statement is a play on the "wonderboy" nickname of Jeff Gordon who apparently can do no wrong for some as well.

There was a lot of big talk in the last week -- 1st from Oakland and then from Smyrna. Ive noticed that the fans of the teams still alive aren't talking as much. Probably pretty smart to talk after the game.

hahaha...we are absolutely OWNING this thread 5743 hahah

You have made my point for me with your most recent post. "Ole Sonny Boy" is not the kids name. You continue to post in a negative manner about a kid you know nothing about. I am definitely glad the team you support (SD) played with much more class and dignity than you are able to show in this forum, and as far as you and your buddy owning this thread, i think that is a wonderful accomplishment for both of you . You should be very proud.

QUOTE(by03 @ May 24 2007 - 03:35 PM) 826466135[/snapback]You have made my point for me with your most recent post. "Ole Sonny Boy" is not the kids name. You continue to post in a negative manner about a kid you know nothing about. I am definitely glad the team you support (SD) played with much more class and dignity than you are able to show in this forum, and as far as you and your buddy owning this thread, i think that is a wonderful accomplishment for both of you . You should be very proud.

SD has very classy players, parents and fans in general. DB played them in 4 games this year... I saw nothing but class at all the games we had with SD.

There is always a rotten apple in every bushel basket and I suspect it is the bad apples that tend to be the ones who jump behind a nicname on boards such as this and trash everyone they can find.

I pity them because they are actually the misfits in school and life in general. They just don't fit in for one reason or another. They feel safe enough in here to lash out at everyone who has what they wish they had.

I am glad they have one place they feel safe. I just wish they could learn how to behave when around other people.

Character is what you are when no one is looking (or we might add when no one knows who you are!)

QUOTE(by03 @ May 24 2007 - 01:35 PM) 826466135[/snapback]You have made my point for me with your most recent post. "Ole Sonny Boy" is not the kids name. You continue to post in a negative manner about a kid you know nothing about. I am definitely glad the team you support (SD) played with much more class and dignity than you are able to show in this forum, and as far as you and your buddy owning this thread, i think that is a wonderful accomplishment for both of you . You should be very proud.

haha...you're absolutely right(no sarcasm at all). im just being really stupid and having a good time w/all this. i have no idea who 5743 is...i just think it's funny how rediculous his last comment was lol...and how rediculous ALL of my comments have been. i will stop being so goofy on this board and post in respectful manner...SIKE!!! haha jk seriously ill be cool

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 24 2007 - 02:44 PM) 826466168[/snapback]SD has very classy players, parents and fans in general. DB played them in 4 games this year... I saw nothing but class at all the games we had with SD.

There is always a rotten apple in every bushel basket and I suspect it is the bad apples that tend to be the ones who jump behind a nicname on boards such as this and trash everyone they can find.

I pity them because they are actually the misfits in school and life in general. They just don't fit in for one reason or another. They feel safe enough in here to lash out at everyone who has what they wish they had.

I am glad they have one place they feel safe. I just wish they could learn how to behave when around other people.

Character is what you are when no one is looking (or we might add when no one knows who you are!)

wow...that sounds like an extremely insightful analysis and im glad you know so much about it all. i just can't believe you came up w/such an elaborate description (life in general)?haha that's a little harsh. however, i could not fit further from your description. i actually have many places i can go and feel safe and i dont just sit on comp all day i promise...im actually going to play tennis right after i finish writing this...WITH FRIENDS!!! and i am fine w/my character, most people at my school know who i am anyways....thanks for your inaccurate concern and good luck to all rest of way

Sonny Gray OOZES class from every pore of his body. For him to have the amazing abilities that he possesses and be so humble is a credit to his family and his upbringing. He has taken a program that has never gotten out of the district and made it a force to reckon with. I think every school in this area wishes they had a Sonny Gray .

unfortunately this thread has gotten to the point someone needs to say something stupid like can't we just get along or someone needs a timeout.....and I guess I just did....... going into this game the kid from Smyrna was getting alot of hype....and I suppose one could say the KEES havn't been hyped as much as some idiots would like......but please give it a rest.....I mean give the KEES some credit, as some on this thread have done, for being a very good ball club that wins with class....I personally know ALL of the kids from South Doyle hope that posting from some folks does not diminish what they have EARNED.........but anyone who doesn't let go of the kid from Smyrna performance/talent obviously has never taken off a uniform for the last time and doesn't even begin to realize the kid is probably beating himself up more than any comment on some stupid website could ever do.....So be a grown up and post like one or a the very least an intelligent adolescent...nuff said...................................................................On a more important note congratulations to the KEES on advancing to the championship game tonight. With a rested Bell and Holland and the bats seemingly warming up after the 1st game with Houston they have to be excited and hopefully confident but not looking over a very strong Bartlett program......GO Kees