Smyrna vs. South Doyle

Live4FridayNite615

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ May 24 2007 - 07:25 PM) 826466262[/snapback]wow...that sounds like an extremely insightful analysis and im glad you know so much about it all. i just can't believe you came up w/such an elaborate description (life in general)?haha that's a little harsh. however, i could not fit further from your description. i actually have many places i can go and feel safe and i dont just sit on comp all day i promise...im actually going to play tennis right after i finish writing this...WITH FRIENDS!!! and i am fine w/my character, most people at my school know who i am anyways....thanks for your inaccurate concern and good luck to all rest of way

You must have thought I was talking about you????? Now if that is not vain I will never know what is.

For the record, I was talking about the low classed, trashy mouthed people that get on here and run players and teams down.

Now tell me does that really sound like you?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this site was just getting turned around & then some more put downs have to be posted.. Both teams ARE great!! It always happens that you put 2 great teams up against each other & surprise one has 2 loose. It just so happens that it was Smyrna w/ Sonny pitching so everyone starts beating him up like its his fault. I'm sure he is beating himself up enough that no one else needs 2 be doing that on here or anywhere else. Congrats 2 KEES for pitching the winning game. But it takes a team to win and it takes a team to loose. So to both of those teams they need to be proud of their players. and 2 SD best of luck!!

QUOTE(2priceless @ May 24 2007 - 07:57 PM) 826466340[/snapback]Sonny Gray OOZES class from every pore of his body. For him to have the amazing abilities that he possesses and be so humble is a credit to his family and his upbringing. He has taken a program that has never gotten out of the district and made it a force to reckon with. I think every school in this area wishes they had a Sonny Gray .

agree

QUOTE(2priceless @ May 24 2007 - 06:57 PM) 826466340[/snapback]Sonny Gray OOZES class from every pore of his body. For him to have the amazing abilities that he possesses and be so humble is a credit to his family and his upbringing. He has taken a program that has never gotten out of the district and made it a force to reckon with. I think every school in this area wishes they had a Sonny Gray .

i still wish he was at riverdale...and he is a good kid i have watched him since he was 5 years old playing ball and you knew then that he was gonna be special and he has lived up to it and part of that is his upbringing i do not know his mom only met her once (at visitation)but i knew Jesse and he helped keep him grounded...but when i knew he was special was one day he was pitching and he was doing a GREAT game but his defense had error after error and he never got mad never chewed anyone out he just said dont worry about it we will be alright they lost that game but he never lost his composure and when it comes to good players it is how the respond ot adversity and he handles it very well

SONNY ARE YOU SURE YOU DONT WANT TO MOVE AND COME TO RIVERDALE NEXT YEAR LOL

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 24 2007 - 08:07 PM) 826466417[/snapback]You must have thought I was talking about you????? Now if that is not vain I will never know what is.

For the record, I was talking about the low classed, trashy mouthed people that get on here and run players and teams down.

Now tell me does that really sound like you?

uhh heck yeah i thought you were talking about me...you quoted a guy's comment that was talking about me and 5743. why wouldn't i think you were talking about me? and being vain is thinking a reference to someone is yourself usually when it has a positive connotation...or makes yourself look good in some way, not bad. and no...i do not think my comments are trashy...that's why i was so shocked w/your reaction and post. but i personally think you were talking about me and are trying to weasel your way out...if you were talking about trashy mouthed people why not go to those posts and say what you said.

QUOTE(unc4life @ May 24 2007 - 09:17 PM) 826466428[/snapback]this site was just getting turned around & then some more put downs have to be posted.. Both teams ARE great!! It always happens that you put 2 great teams up against each other & surprise one has 2 loose. It just so happens that it was Smyrna w/ Sonny pitching so everyone starts beating him up like its his fault. I'm sure he is beating himself up enough that no one else needs 2 be doing that on here or anywhere else. Congrats 2 KEES for pitching the winning game. But it takes a team to win and it takes a team to loose. So to both of those teams they need to be proud of their players. and 2 SD best of luck!!

If evryone will remember Sonny only gave up 1 earned run... now without those errors who knoew what would have happened but its part of baseball... Good Luck SD

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ May 25 2007 - 02:13 AM) 826466666[/snapback]uhh heck yeah i thought you were talking about me...you quoted a guy's comment that was talking about me and 5743. why wouldn't i think you were talking about me? and being vain is thinking a reference to someone is yourself usually when it has a positive connotation...or makes yourself look good in some way, not bad. and no...i do not think my comments are trashy...that's why i was so shocked w/your reaction and post. but i personally think you were talking about me and are trying to weasel your way out...if you were talking about trashy mouthed people why not go to those posts and say what you said.

You will find that I do not weasel...I say what I think, and I am pretty clear about what I think, and clear about what I say about what I think.

So then lets look at the comment I made, which you felt was refering to you or your post.....

Start by looking at the comment I was replying too.... I was not replying to the comment that by03 was replying too... i was merely replying to his comment alone. You are the one trying to tie my comment back to all the previous comments on this thread...If I had wanted to comment on them I would have referenced them then made made my comments about them. That is not what I did.

I very clearly and specifically quoted and thereby referenced the only comment I was addressing.

I spoke concerning 2 things I picked up on that came out of his comment.

1. South Doyle being a classy team.

Which I believe is the same school and team you attend(ed) and support. Therefore I was supporting you and your team with my comment...which you will find I have done on numerous occasions on this board.

QUOTE(by03 @ May 24 2007 - 03:35 PM) 826466135[/snapback]I am definitely glad the team you support (SD) played with much more class and dignity than you are able to show in this forum,

2. I noted that by03 who was obviously feeling that his team and a player in general on his team was being trashed and I addressed how I felt about trash talkers (as a group).

Now tell us again why you felt that you personally fit that group of trashtalkers I was refering too?

Were you feeling guilty for something you said earlier in this thread?

There is nothing "weaselish" about what I said.

I was referring to a group of people who talk trash, but obviously to us all,now is the fact that the "shoe" I was talking about fit you and therefore you took offense.

Now let's discuss one more thing you felt important enough to specificall point out. The term VAIN. You obviously felt that I improperly used that term in my reply to you...

vain

Pronunciation: (vān), [key]

—adj., -er, -est.

1. excessively proud of or concerned about one's own appearance, qualities, achievements, etc.; conceited: a vain dandy.

2. proceeding from or showing personal vanity: vain remarks.

3. ineffectual or unsuccessful; futile: a vain effort.

4. without real significance, value, or importance; baseless or worthless: vain pageantry; vain display.

5. Archaic.senseless or foolish.

6. in vain,

a. without effect or avail; to no purpose: to apologize in vain.

b. in an improper or irreverent manner: to take God's name in vain.

So to sum this all up, you jumped in and voluntarily placed yourself in my unidentified group of "trashtalkers".

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ May 24 2007 - 07:25 PM) 826466262[/snapback]however, i could not fit further from your description.

Defending your self when you were not attacked is pointless...so you felt attacked, therefore it is safe for us all to assume that you ARE GUILTY of trashtalking.

Now who was it again that said you fit my description of trash talkers ?????

Why that, kind and gentle sir, was you yourself. Not another person on this thread called you a trash talker...you identified yourself as one for all here to see and take notice...that is vainity, further defined within it's own definition as conciet.

You are not only self conceited but by your own admission a trashing talking punk.

In my book that makes you beetle dung on the bottom of the pile.

Now come on back and call me a weasle again displaying for us all another fine example your ignorant and vain arrogance.

Just returned from the Boro. After reading some of this thread I would like to say the views expressed by some here do not reflect the majority of South Doyle fans. I watched Gray and Holland pitch. Gray is a junior I think. I see that there where some here that said South Doyle have never seen the likes of Sonny, and I think that fueled the "HATER" group. South-Doyle hits fastballs very well thank you and Gray had 3 or 4 of them drove back at him. It seems he had a lot of pressure on him to pull Smyrna through. I do not want others to think that South Doyle has no class. The class from the coaches, players, players families, and most fans are evident. The Kees had a great run and it hurts that they fell just short. Coach Howard is quoted as saying "You get this close, you can almost taste it". These 9 seniors not only battled Bartlett but they had to battle the emotion of their final game together, many of them playing together since they were 7. Class of 2007 you have set the bar very high, you have made pitches, ran the bases, got the hits, and caught balls that will be recalled many times over. You have played High School baseball the right way and we look forward to seeing what kind of men you will become with these experiences. OH and GOOOOO KEEEES!

wow...you are one crazy lady. i can honestly say that i didnt even read what you wrote b/c it is rediculously long and prob took you 45 min to post. i did however see the phrase w/ punk and im sorry i got under your skin so much but again...am VERY thankful you are not my mom and im sure you likewise me your son/daughter. go ahead and bash me again if you want but it will be for your own satisfaction...cause ill never be on here again cause my hs days are over now. have fun supporting DB and being one crazy psycho