USJ vs Gibbs re-match!

necvol

Here is a look at the Team and Individual Stats coming into today's match up during the tourney. These stats are unoficial, of course.

Gibbs (34-9) vs USJ (39-6)

Hitting...

USJ...............AVG.......HR.....RBI

Bright..2-4......500........0........1

Bryan.. 0-3 ....000........0........0

Fesmire..4-9...444........0........3

Gant..8-10......800........0........8

Glenn..4-10....400........0........2

Grimm..3-9....333........0........0

Liles..5-10......500........1........5

Overbey..1-9..111........0........0

Smith..4-8......500........0........3

Wills..2-9........222........0........1

Team..33-81...407........1.......23

26 total runs in 3 games. 8.7 runs per game

Gibbs..............AVG.......HR......RBI

Armstrong..3-8..375........0.........3

Bales..2-7.........286........1.........6

Burchell..0-5.....000........0.........1

Housewright..4-6..667.....0.........3

Livesay..3-8......375........0.........3

Peters..1-6........167........0.........0

Rowe..3-8.........375........1.........2

Sanders..3-8.....375........0.........1

Turner..4-7.......571........0.........0

Team..23-63.....365........2........19

20 total runs in 2 games. 10 runs per game.

Pitching...

USJ..........IP.....W-L......ERA.....SO

Fesmire....5......1-0.......7.00......4

Gant........5......1-0.......1.40.......7

Liles........4.......0-0.......5.25......5

Overbey..4.......0-1......10.50.....5

Team.....18......2-1.......5.83......21

Gibbs......IP.....W-L,,,,,,ERA......SO

Burchell..5.......SV(1)..2.80.......6

Housewright..4..1-0....12.25.......2

E. Turner..5......1-0.....4.20........1

Team...............2-0.....6.00........9

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(gunzablazin5 @ May 24 2007 - 09:56 AM) 826465936[/snapback]I know who is starting for USJ. I talked to coach Dyer this morning on the phone. Typical Dyer. Everything will be alright for the USJ Bruins.

So who's it going to be? Why come on here and say you know who is starting and not say.

QUOTE(BaseballthruNthru @ May 24 2007 - 09:10 AM) 826465893[/snapback]Has anyone figured out who will get the start today for either team?

My guess is Hunter Smith but it could be the Junior transfer from Parsons that just became elgible a couple of weeks ago. However, it could be Gant (only 80 pitches Tuesday) or Wills or McWherter or Grimm or Overbey. Heck, it could even be Glenn or Seals or Bryan or LeCroy. The Bruins have several left than can throw strikes. IMO, the key to getting to the Championship is more hitting than pitching for USJ!!

QUOTE(JPeterman @ May 24 2007 - 10:17 AM) 826465949[/snapback]So who's it going to be? Why come on here and say you know who is starting and not say.

I will let someone else come on here if they here who it is and say but I'm not going to. Dyer and I are best friends and have coached summer teams together for years so I'm not going to be the one to spill the beans. It doesn't matter anyway. Both teams still have to hit, catch, and throw.

Go Bruins!!!!!

QUOTE(gunzablazin5 @ May 24 2007 - 10:39 AM) 826465964[/snapback]I will let someone else come on here if they here who it is and say but I'm not going to. Dyer and I are best friends and have coached summer teams together for years so I'm not going to be the one to spill the beans. It doesn't matter anyway. Both teams still have to hit, catch, and throw.

Go Bruins!!!!!

So basically you just posted so we would all know you have the coach's number and are roommates?

QUOTE(highheat @ May 24 2007 - 10:34 AM) 826465961[/snapback]My guess is Hunter Smith but it could be the Junior transfer from Parsons that just became elgible a couple of weeks ago. However, it could be Gant (only 80 pitches Tuesday) or Wills or McWherter or Grimm or Overbey. Heck, it could even be Glenn or Seals or Bryan or LeCroy. The Bruins have several left than can throw strikes. IMO, the key to getting to the Championship is more hitting than pitching for USJ!!

Well, you don't have to have the coach's phone number or be his best friend to figure it out:

Most likely you have used your best three pitchers to this point. You have no tommorrow and therefore cannot afford to be sent home using your fouth or fifth pitcher. You would be second guessing yourself the rest of the summer. You have to go back to your number one even on one day's rest and at least try to get four or five innings out of him ( I assume Gant since he started the first game) considering he only threw five innings the first day. My prediction is he starts and the closer from Day 1 comes in in relief if needed. Game 2 you worry about after the final out of Game 1. Just my opinion though.

QUOTE(highheat @ May 24 2007 - 10:34 AM) 826465961[/snapback]My guess is Hunter Smith but it could be the Junior transfer from Parsons that just became elgible a couple of weeks ago. However, it could be Gant (only 80 pitches Tuesday) or Wills or McWherter or Grimm or Overbey. Heck, it could even be Glenn or Seals or Bryan or LeCroy. The Bruins have several left than can throw strikes. IMO, the key to getting to the Championship is more hitting than pitching for USJ!!

I hear Joseph Talley has been warming up that tired left noodle arm since 7am this morning.....Could it be.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

QUOTE(Old Timer @ May 24 2007 - 01:25 PM) 826466077[/snapback]I hear Joseph Talley has been warming up that tired left noodle arm since 7am this morning.....Could it be.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

JPeterman...I didn't know who was throwing this morning. I was just kidding. I did talk to Brad but I didn't ask who he was throwing. I'm sorry you feel left out of the loop and that you are mad at me for not letting the whole state know who was throwing this afternoon. But you are right, you go back to your best when your back is against the wall. My guess is that USJ will win two games this afternoon as their momentum with their bats will continue this afternoon. Hopefully. And yes Talley has been warming up and will pitch for the Bruins this afternoon. haha