Could the CCS/CAK game be the best game in the A/AA Tournament?

lilpalmtree7

QUOTE(CCSMAN @ May 24 2007 - 10:15 AM) 826465985[/snapback]You guys and your greek mythology are still living in fantasy land, you probably believe in santa claus and the tooth fairy.

This CCS team was supposed to be going through a rebuilding year after losing eight starters off last years state team

but they have shut up all naysayers by making a surprise appearance again at the state tournament and they will finish no worse than the 4th best team in A/AA for 2007. Don't doubt this team.............

I dont think CCS has rebuilding years. Wasn't it a rebuilding year 2 years ago when they made it to the state finals?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CCSMAN @ May 24 2007 - 10:15 AM) 826465985[/snapback]You guys and your greek mythology are still living in fantasy land, you probably believe in santa claus and the tooth fairy.

This CCS team was supposed to be going through a rebuilding year after losing eight starters off last years state team

but they have shut up all naysayers by making a surprise appearance again at the state tournament and they will finish no worse than the 4th best team in A/AA for 2007. Don't doubt this team.............

I am saying CAK 2-0 and Tarr scores 1.

QUOTE(CoachLogan74 @ May 24 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826465993[/snapback]I dont think CCS has rebuilding years. Wasn't it a rebuilding year 2 years ago when they made it to the state finals?

It was in a sense, but they didn't lose as many starters but they had a losing record going into the state that year and made it all the way to the final.

QUOTE(CCSMAN @ May 24 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826466035[/snapback]It was in a sense, but they didn't lose as many starters but they had a losing record going into the state that year and made it all the way to the final.

Well, i suppose my ultimate point was that CCS, as well as many of the top tier soccer programs in the state, never really go through rebuilding seasons as much as they are reloading for their future runs at the championship. This should be a very intense game for both teams because obviously at this point there are no easy draws. Id say that like the Maryville football teams, the Tennessee Temple basketball teams and the like, it would be near impossible to bet against CAK's soccer team in their domain, the state tournament. I liked the way my old coachT friend BUBBA61 put it when he called the CAK soccer team a "war machine". I like the war machine to take this one 3-1. After all the talk of CAK losing their edge by eating dinner with CPA, i expect the Warriors to play a statement game and really attack CCS's defensive backfield in this one with their quickness and good ball possession.

No

CCS vs CAK will not be the best game in the tournament. CCS vs Notre Dame for the final will be. I am not saying that CCS will trounce CAK but they should win by 1-0 or 2-1.

1. CAK barely sealed thier win aganist CPA last night.

2. CAK is not as match fit as CCS. CCS can go the distance 110 min is no problem

3. CCS has the best game coach a team want.

4. CPA nor CAK played to the level of competition that CCS has faced during the tournament thus far.

5. CCS has a deep bench and that comes in very handy when playing three games in 5 days.

6. The goal keeper of CCS has the advantage in pk's and controling his box

7. 2 of CPA's most potent scoring threats are hobbled by injuries.

8. CAK didnt play like a chapiomship team last night. I didnt see any heart from the players and the fans are to assuming of a W as well.

9. CCS plays with the passion and heart that it takes to get to the finals.

You cant live in the past and believe that you are going to take home the trophy just because of history. CCS is playing for tomarrow and the next game and the next season as well.

QUOTE(warstiner @ May 24 2007 - 01:14 PM) 826466123[/snapback]No

CCS vs CAK will not be the best game in the tournament. CCS vs Notre Dame for the final will be. I am not saying that CCS will trounce CAK but they should win by 1-0 or 2-1.

2. CAK is not as match fit as CCS. CCS can go the distance 110 min is no problem

4. CPA nor CAK played to the level of competition that CCS has faced during the tournament thus far.

5. CCS has a deep bench and that comes in very handy when playing three games in 5 days.

8. CAK didnt play like a chapiomship team last night. I didnt see any heart from the players and the fans are to assuming of a W as well.

You cant live in the past and believe that you are going to take home the trophy just because of history. CCS is playing for tomarrow and the next game and the next season as well.

I agree that CCS plays with passion and heart but, so does CAK and I think that CAK has the skill to win this one.

Why do you have so many negative comments about CAK? Don't get on here and talk down other teams. That ain't right

QUOTE(CCSMAN @ May 24 2007 - 09:39 AM) 826465922[/snapback]What the heck is "centaurs"? CCS has proven all year long that they can compete with anyone and this game will be no different.

No doubt you guys have done alot better than thought. No disrespect meant but you did not compete with McCallie and they did not even make it to state. They beat you 2-0 and Bradford come close to a few more...just hitting the bar etc. Good luck tonight though.

Thanks... I have been looking for my pre game speech. I just got it.

QUOTE(warstiner @ May 24 2007 - 03:14 PM) 826466123[/snapback]No

This is one of those ignorant posts that begins an onslaught of mud-slinging that will taint this entire thread. Please do not respond to it, this poster knows nothing about CAK soccer. The fact that he is willing to cite specific and yet incorrect attributes of CAK shows that arguing with him will do no good, this poster does not seek the truth...he seeks whatever fiction he can create to portray his team as the favorite. Goodluck to CAK and CCS tonight