Best coaches for 2007

Best

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Best @ May 27 2007 - 10:32 AM) 826467984[/snapback]Who were the best motivators, trainers and teachers of the game?

My vote would be John Sneed from Pope John Paul II HS.. His Lady Knights Softball team went to the State Tournament as the #3 seed out of the Middle and finished State Runner-Up defeating the East #1 Seed twice....

QUOTE(KnightTime05 @ May 27 2007 - 12:26 PM) 826468029[/snapback]My vote would be John Sneed from Pope John Paul II HS.. His Lady Knights Softball team went to the State Tournament as the #3 seed out of the Middle and finished State Runner-Up defeating the East #1 Seed twice....

I agree, defeating Baylor twice was huge. They are very good.

QUOTE(swingaway @ May 27 2007 - 12:40 PM) 826468037[/snapback]I agree, defeating Baylor twice was huge. They are very good.

Mt. Juliet's coach did a great job firing up her players to get though the losers bracket. Some teams just wilt and die in that situation. Girls can get so down on themselves. Soddy's coach is just a good coach. He wins when it counts.

RONNIE HICKS - UNAKA!

Unaka graduated maybe the most talented team of Coach Hicks tenure at Unaka; and if you saw the Lady Rangers in early-to-mid season, it was doubtful the Rangers would get out of District Tournament play. Not good. But Coach Hicks continued to coach em up. He was coaching through each ball and strike; each dropped fly ball and and bad throw. Somehow the Lady Rangers found the resolve to battle through, while other, more-talented teams fell by the wayside.

And Sallee Taylor, the senior pitcher with the unenviable task of following the great Ryann Musick, and just before her, Danielle Williams - two scholarship pitchers. And this, after the two reconstructive surgeries, and with a young, inexperienced, error-proned team. Yet Sallee, Coach Hicks and the Lady Rangers played in substate. I'm WOW-ed!

JB Suiter from Westview. I am from the west tennessee area and am a fan of a team in their region and what they have accomplished this year is incredible. He led his team to region for the first time in ten years his first year there and then this year coached them to the school's first ever state tournament. He has done all of this in only three years being at this school. They really impressed me in their region game against Haywood!

QUOTE(krichunaka @ May 27 2007 - 01:53 PM) 826468066[/snapback]RONNIE HICKS - UNAKA!

Unaka graduated maybe the most talented team of Coach Hicks tenure at Unaka; and if you saw the Lady Rangers in early-to-mid season, it was doubtful the Rangers would get out of District Tournament play. Not good. But Coach Hicks continued to coach em up. He was coaching through each ball and strike; each dropped fly ball and and bad throw. Somehow the Lady Rangers found the resolve to battle through, while other, more-talented teams fell by the wayside.

And Sallee Taylor, the senior pitcher with the unenviable task of following the great Ryann Musick, and just before her, Danielle Williams - two scholarship pitchers. And this, after the two reconstructive surgeries, and with a young, inexperienced, error-proned team. Yet Sallee, Coach Hicks and the Lady Rangers played in substate. I'm WOW-ed!

That's hillarious! Good ole KRich, I bet you could turn a sweet tart into an M & M!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I wasn't gonna post anything 'cause I can't stand a 's**k up'...but, I nominate

Julie Head (Head Coach), Larry Williams (longtime Assistant) & Alan Fowler (volunteer) from Greenbrier.

Julie is a Mom (with a capital M) and you can tell it. Larry and Alan, well, they're Dads (with a capital D), and you can tell that, too. They loved our team...unconditionally. And our team loved them back. Heck, I love 'em! And I wouldn't trade them for Mr. & Mrs. Weekly even. They did more with less (no, I ain't slammin' our players; they were just young and inexperienced - only a few play travel ball) than any coaching staff out there. Rumor has it that Coach Larry said he went home and cried after our first practice. We were even picked 4th or 5th, preseason, in our District. Well, low and behold the ball fell our way a couple of times, we dug ourselves out a couple of times and before you knew it...oh, yeah, and 30+ homeruns later...we were in the Spring Fling. Now, if any of you saw us play at State, that wasn't our team. I know, I know, that sounds lame. But, it's true. We were better than we showed. I hate it for our 2 seniors. After all they did this year, they deserved a little better ending. But, it wasn't meant to be.

In the end, when all was said and done, we played a lot, we lost a lot, but we won more than we lost...and we 'ate good' and 'had fun!' ( /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) Now that's a successful year, I don't care who you are! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Thanks, coaches, for an AWESOME year!

QUOTE(KnightTime05 @ May 27 2007 - 12:26 PM) 826468029[/snapback]My vote would be John Sneed from Pope John Paul II HS.. His Lady Knights Softball team went to the State Tournament as the #3 seed out of the Middle and finished State Runner-Up defeating the East #1 Seed twice....

I agree.. Coach Sneed. Congrats to him and his Lady Knights on a great season. Keep up the hard work...it does pay off!!

I no Lawrence County didn't make it out of their district, but anyone who knows anything about this team and this district know that 2 years ago they didn't even win a district game. This year they went 21-13. They were picked to finish 4th or 5th in the district and ended up tied for 2nd. So my vote would go to the district 8 AAA Coach of the year Tony Fincher.