Hume-Fogg

rocole98

My daughter's career concluded last week at the State tournament. We played a tough game against the eventual champion, Goodpasture, and sadly lost, 4-3. Our five seniors drove back into Nashville to graduate, then lost again the next morning to Westview. These seniors have been district champs in 2006, regional winners in 2007, and sectional winners both in '06 and '07. These are HUGE accomplishments for our school. It is hard for other people to understand the sacrifices the players make to attend such a great academic high school AND to be successful on the field. Lots of studying on the way to games, during JV games and even at weekend tournaments was a must, in addition to many very late nights after games. Each of our seniors has won academic awards over her career at HFA and 3 of the 5 were also all-district multiple times. Each has won academic scholarships to further their education and one, Taylor Childress, will continue her playing career at Centre College. I am so proud to have been a part of their lives and know that Brooke, Taylor, Ashley, Diana and Sarah Beth will do great things in life and contribute their communities and the world. I also must thank Mike Caldwell and Bob Hill for coaching and encouraging their successes both on and off the field. May God bless each member of the team in their future endeavors.

rlh

QUOTE(rocole98 @ May 29 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826468723[/snapback]My daughter's career concluded last week at the State tournament. We played a tough game against the eventual champion, Goodpasture, and sadly lost, 4-3. Our five seniors drove back into Nashville to graduate, then lost again the next morning to Westview. These seniors have been district champs in 2006, regional winners in 2007, and sectional winners both in '06 and '07. These are HUGE accomplishments for our school. It is hard for other people to understand the sacrifices the players make to attend such a great academic high school AND to be successful on the field. Lots of studying on the way to games, during JV games and even at weekend tournaments was a must, in addition to many very late nights after games. Each of our seniors has won academic awards over her career at HFA and 3 of the 5 were also all-district multiple times. Each has won academic scholarships to further their education and one, Taylor Childress, will continue her playing career at Centre College. I am so proud to have been a part of their lives and know that Brooke, Taylor, Ashley, Diana and Sarah Beth will do great things in life and contribute their communities and the world. I also must thank Mike Caldwell and Bob Hill for coaching and encouraging their successes both on and off the field. May God bless each member of the team in their future endeavors.

rlh

These 5 girls are the perfect example of what High School athletics is all about. All 5 of these Seniors were great students, competitive athletes, and wonderful young ladies. Those of us that were lucky enough to watch them for all 4 years were the privileged ones. Their successes on the field will only live in the shadows of their successes in life. I hope I am lucky enough to watch those achievements as well.

Thank you ladies for allowing me to be a part of your softball life. Congratulations to your parents for raising daughters to be emulated. I hope the legacy you left can be built on.

Bullet- saw a 4 pounder landed just upstream.

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter's career concluded last week at the State tournament. We played a tough game against the eventual champion, Goodpasture, and sadly lost, 4-3. Our five seniors drove back into Nashville to graduate, then lost again the next morning to Westview. These seniors have been district champs in 2006, regional winners in 2007, and sectional winners both in '06 and '07. These are HUGE accomplishments for our school. It is hard for other people to understand the sacrifices the players make to attend such a great academic high school AND to be successful on the field. Lots of studying on the way to games, during JV games and even at weekend tournaments was a must, in addition to many very late nights after games. Each of our seniors has won academic awards over her career at HFA and 3 of the 5 were also all-district multiple times. Each has won academic scholarships to further their education and one, Taylor Childress, will continue her playing career at Centre College. I am so proud to have been a part of their lives and know that Brooke, Taylor, Ashley, Diana and Sarah Beth will do great things in life and contribute their communities and the world. I also must thank Mike Caldwell and Bob Hill for coaching and encouraging their successes both on and off the field. May God bless each member of the team in their future endeavors.

rlh

• 3 weeks later...

rlh

I could not have said it any better. I, too, am the father of one of these 5 wonderful young ladies and I have had the great pleasure of watching these ladies for four years grow as ball player, students and most of all young ladies. We will all miss watching this team as they always gave it their all. I would like to give a huge thank you to Coach Caldwell and Coach Hill for thier contribution. I could not have asked for more caring or loving coaches for my daughter.