Who Is The Best Tennessee Team Ever?

UPSGregg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kingoftheblurbs @ May 31 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826469761[/snapback]Seldon- You almost got it right. The 03 Bearden team beat Farragut 3 times and lost the fourth one in the Championship game in OT, and yes the score was 3-1

No, I didn't ALMOST get it right, I got it COMPLETELY right. The 03 Farragut team won the regular season 3-1 at Bearden, won the District 5-4, lost the regional final 2-1, then beat Bearden in the State finals 3-1. I attended each of those games. I have no idea what you're referring to.

QUOTE(Hoya @ May 31 2007 - 04:28 PM) 826469735[/snapback]No. Christian Brothers won DII that year. The expected game between McCallie and the Brothers would have been a classic between two exceptionally talented sides. Instead, McCallie, which was ranked #1 or 2 in the nation that season, lost in a totally unexpected and very improbable 1-0 upset to Knox Catholic in the DII East semifinals.

Did Kirk Wilder play on that team? Or by then had he tore is acl like 5 times?

QUOTE(reaction @ May 31 2007 - 09:08 PM) 826469859[/snapback]Did Kirk Wilder play on that team? Or by then had he tore is acl like 5 times?

I think Kirk was hurt early in that season or maybe the football season before, but he was playing again by that match. I think he got hurt again the next summer or in the fall.

Have you heard anything about how he's doing? Give me a call if you have any news.