D2 2007

mjuhb

I believe that D2 will be divided into 2 divisions starting this fall. I think most, if not all, of the teams listed are in the large school division. So there will be another group of teams and all-state players in that small school division as well.

Look for St. Georges/Collierville to come out of A/W region.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can St. Agnes repeat, or did they graduate too many to easily replace. I only saw them in the championship game last year, but they were awesome. Looked like they were graduating a large class last year, though.

H2oDog, you still on the boards?

Still here.......Just started reading again....Graduated eight, all who payed together 4 years. Still have great depth. Got to have to get as far as they did. Will be missing a couple of other important players for injury reasons, maybe a couple to transfers, a couple of JVs hung it up. Every team has been trough it. Don't think another state championship will come as easily, but don't count St. Agnes out of making the trip.

Thanks for asking.

D2

1 BGA

2 Baylor

3 Brentwood Academy

4 GPS

5 St Agnes

6 ECS

7 Father Ryan

8 Knox Webb

9 Harpeth Hall

10 JP2

Pre-Season All-State

GK Shepanie Sermonet Brentwood Academy, Kathleen Diehl Harpeth Hall

Sarah White Braircrest, Jessica Smith BGA and Taylor Davidson Baylor

D Jessica Hiltenbrand St. Agnes, Natalie Brackett Baylor,

Sophie Bansford Ensworth, Haley Van Driver Davidson Academy

Caroline Capcaccpia St Agnes, Anna Phillips BGA, Natalie Aaron BGA

and Kara Chase Knox Webb

MF Anna Robilio St Agnes, Kelsey LaBarreare Braircrest,

Rachel Seay ECS, Brittany Brown Baylor, Greta Jockman Webb

Caroline Scales GPS, Savannah Kegg Father Ryan, Alex Van Sise JP2

and Kara Parkey Brentwood Academy

F Laura Langworthy Brentwood Academy,Susannah Dennis BGA

Sarah Catherine Ryan St Agnes, Josie Rix GPS, Grace Stumb Harpeth Hall

Grace Milner Knox Webb and Emily Perkins Ensworth

State Tournament Predictions

Baylor over Father Ryan

BA over St Agnes

BGA over Braircrest

GPS over ECS

Baylor over BA

BGA over GPS

BGA over Baylor

You forgot Hutchison senior forward Megan Adams and sophomore mid-fielder Caroline Webb on your pre-season all-state team. They are the best in the west, hands down.

Hutchison School in Memphis has to be listed in the TOP 2 in D-2 West soccer. Seniors Megan Adams (forward) and Blanche Montesi (MF) along with junior Sarah Jane Zanone (D) and sophomore Caroline Webb (MF) are some of the best in the region and Adams and Webb are among the best in the state.

Looks like you joined to be the "Hutch" cheerleader. Congrats. Who else is in your top of the West. According to Eurosports, Hutchinson's record was 6-11-3. What has changed?

Looks like you joined to be the "Hutch" cheerleader. Congrats. Who else is in your top of the West. According to Eurosports, Hutchinson's record was 6-11-3. What has changed?

The other top team in my opinion would be St. Agnes but they lost a lot of "Stars" pun intended. Hutch played a lot of freshmen and sophomores last year along with an eighth grader in goal. So Hutch and SAA should be the best. I guess we will find out who on Sept. 18. With Kelly Dyer gone, Megan Adams should have an easier time scoring against the Stars.

I agree soccerman. Hutchison has some really good young talent. They are are going to be fast all throughout the lineup. It should be SAA vs Hutchison for the region championship. And they have had someone on the all state team the past four years or so and should continue that this year. Oh and that record they were alluding too from last year..did not exactly play cupcakes.

Agree on the tough schedule last year, but I think Hutch played the same teams as all the others did. As far as the "cupcake" comment, look at where the W's came from. Real issue is who will "step up" this season. Several teams can and several have lost key players. Overall the playing field is more lever, except for St. George's who probably has the best returning group. Don't count ECS out either. May be the year of who has the best NEW talent.

Rumor is that one of the players mentioned earlier is not going to play. I know she got hurt snowboarding and talk of going for cheer squad instead of soccer. What do you hear??????

Agree on the tough schedule last year, but I think Hutch played the same teams as all the others did. As far as the "cupcake" comment, look at where the W's came from. Real issue is who will "step up" this season. Several teams can and several have lost key players. Overall the playing field is more lever, except for St. George's who probably has the best returning group. Don't count ECS out either. May be the year of who has the best NEW talent.

Rumor is that one of the players mentioned earlier is not going to play. I know she got hurt snowboarding and talk of going for cheer squad instead of soccer. What do you hear??????

THere may be another rising player who was a contributor last year that may sit out soccer. It will all be of interest.