U16 Girls State Tournament

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

State Tourney weather report:

The weather in Memphis is going to be HOT!!! They are predicting 95 degree temparature on Sunday & Monday (a cool 89 degrees on Sat) with a chance of rain both days. The humidity will be off the charts. This will make for brutal conditions for the girls to play in. Certainly a deep bench will be crucial for any team wishing to make a run at the state title. Coaches will have to be very aware of the girls and how they respond in the heat. If I remember correctly all teams took a break midway through each half. I assume they'll do that again this year.

I imagine there are going to be teams that have players here that we have not seen much of throughoout the year. Any thoughts?

quote name='Manchester' date='May 30 2007 - 12:01 PM' post='826469067']

Who will win the U16 State Tournament this year?

The Strikers have won in years past but are they still the team to beat. TNFC beat the Strikers in the Premier League and the Lobos have played them to a 1-0 game twice. The Attack and Lobos beat TNFC earlier in the year. Lobos and Attack have tied in their recent meeting. ERSA and Impact are strong teams who can beat the other teams on any given day. This could be the year that anyone could win.

QUOTE(vandy07 @ Jun 6 2007 - 06:28 AM) 826471985[/snapback]I imagine there are going to be teams that have players here that we have not seen much of throughoout the year. Any thoughts?

quote name='Manchester' date='May 30 2007 - 12:01 PM' post='826469067']

Who will win the U16 State Tournament this year?

The Strikers have won in years past but are they still the team to beat. TNFC beat the Strikers in the Premier League and the Lobos have played them to a 1-0 game twice. The Attack and Lobos beat TNFC earlier in the year. Lobos and Attack have tied in their recent meeting. ERSA and Impact are strong teams who can beat the other teams on any given day. This could be the year that anyone could win.

Since the transfer window was in January, except for any new players moving to town and returning injured players, teams should have the same players they have been playing with all year.

I bet the Strikers will have a couple of players from the florida area

quote name='Manchester' date='Jun 6 2007 - 12:53 PM' post='826472127']

Since the transfer window was in January, except for any new players moving to town and returning injured players, teams should have the same players they have been playing with all year.

QUOTE(vandy07 @ Jun 6 2007 - 02:27 PM) 826472179[/snapback]I bet the Strikers will have a couple of players from the florida area

quote name='Manchester' date='Jun 6 2007 - 12:53 PM' post='826472127']

As I understand the rules, if the Florida players play in the Florida State Cup they are not eligible to play in Tennessee State Championship.

QUOTE(vandy07 @ Jun 6 2007 - 09:25 PM) 826472342[/snapback]I had heard she was on the roster. She is an excellent player

I'm sure Arielle will be playing with them and yes she is a good player. But I still think the Strikers will be beatable.

I was wishing one of the better florida club teams would have tried to pick her up by now.

It is very hard to believe she is not playing travel soccer at all in Florida

QUOTE(BRSoccer @ Jun 6 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826472364[/snapback]I'm sure Arielle will be playing with them and yes she is a good player. But I still think the Strikers will be beatable.

I was wishing one of the better florida club teams would have tried to pick her up by now.

QUOTE(vandy07 @ Jun 7 2007 - 07:54 AM) 826472454[/snapback]It is very hard to believe she is not playing travel soccer at all in Florida

I don't think she is eligible. Policy 11 states:

F. NON‑RESIDENT PLAYERS

1. A player or team residing near the geographical boundaries of TS jurisdiction may be given permission to register with TS through one of its member associations.

2. Permission to register with TS must be obtained by the non‑resident player(s) each seasonal year from the Vice President-Youth or Amateurs, as appropriate, and from the USSF affiliated state association having jurisdiction over the area in which the player(s) resides.

She is no where near the geographical boundary of Tennessee.

QUOTE(Manchester @ Jun 7 2007 - 12:50 PM) 826472552[/snapback]I don't think she is eligible. Policy 11 states:

F. NON‑RESIDENT PLAYERS

1. A player or team residing near the geographical boundaries of TS jurisdiction may be given permission to register with TS through one of its member associations.

2. Permission to register with TS must be obtained by the non‑resident player(s) each seasonal year from the Vice President-Youth or Amateurs, as appropriate, and from the USSF affiliated state association having jurisdiction over the area in which the player(s) resides.

She is no where near the geographical boundary of Tennessee.

I'd like to think your right but I'd be very surprised the Strikers didn't research this throughly. I'm sure she was rostered at the beginning of the club season and I believed moved after that.