Perry County Situation

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Yale Formation @ Jun 7 2007 - 09:21 AM) 826472475[/snapback]What is going on down in Linden? All is so quiet...Is everyone at the beach?? I'm surprised no one has come on the this board since last week when Coach Bradley was let go. An unbelievable hose job by a bunch of paper shufflers.

You got that right! The biggest hose job I've ever seen! They will not have a program in Linden(again) in 3 or 4 years.Hearing too much talk in the front office.That's a shame because they need football in Linden.Too many male athletes not to have it.I feel for the coach who is going to take over.A loooooooooooooooooong road ahead of him! Coach Bradley was the only coach that even played Mt.Pleasant half-way close for awhile.A great coach who will be a tremendous asset too someone next year.Politics! You got to love it!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(TAP3 @ Jun 7 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826472503[/snapback]You got that right! The biggest hose job I've ever seen! They will not have a program in Linden(again) in 3 or 4 years.Hearing too much talk in the front office.That's a shame because they need football in Linden.Too many male athletes not to have it.I feel for the coach who is going to take over.A loooooooooooooooooong road ahead of him! Coach Bradley was the only coach that even played Mt.Pleasant half-way close for awhile.A great coach who will be a tremendous asset too someone next year.Politics! You got to love it!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know Bradley was gone......who has taken the job now.....how about the players..whats their attitude over all that is happening....going to have any players quit because of this? What a shame......from an out sider looking in....it appeared that Perry was on its way..but now......who knows!

QUOTE(Stat_pack1 @ Jun 7 2007 - 01:55 PM) 826472573[/snapback]I didn't know Bradley was gone......who has taken the job now.....how about the players..whats their attitude over all that is happening....going to have any players quit because of this? What a shame......from an out sider looking in....it appeared that Perry was on its way..but now......who knows!

The players are devastated, and so are the parents. The really sad thing is that no one can get an answer as to why this happened from the superintendent or the school board. Politics, indeed!

Coach Bradley is a good man, and a great coach. Just look how far he brought us last year. I'm afraid no more football is what they might be wanting. Don't want it to get more popular than basketball, do we?

Not really sure who is taking over as head coach; they hired a coach Harrison from Hickman Co., don't know if he will be head coach or just an asst. Coach Bradley helped interview him. How's that for a sorry situtation?

If anyone from the board of ed is reading this, shame on you!

QUOTE(TAP3 @ Jun 7 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826472503[/snapback]You got that right! The biggest hose job I've ever seen! They will not have a program in Linden(again) in 3 or 4 years.Hearing too much talk in the front office.That's a shame because they need football in Linden.Too many male athletes not to have it.I feel for the coach who is going to take over.A loooooooooooooooooong road ahead of him! Coach Bradley was the only coach that even played Mt.Pleasant half-way close for awhile.A great coach who will be a tremendous asset too someone next year.Politics! You got to love it!!!!!!!!!

What front office are you talking about? You're right about everything you said, and we do need football. Not everyone is a basketball player, my son isn't, and doesn't really like it either. On the other hand, he loves football.

Yale, have you talked to Coach Bradley? He had a meeting with all the players last Thurs and told them. They were all in shock.

To the people of Perry Co., especially the football fans, Sorry about the bad news I just read. I hope everything

works itself out over the summer before fall practice begins. As we mTp fans know, it can be a difficult thing going through a coaching change but it worked out for the best in our situation. I hope it does for you all too. Good luck.

By the way, I agree FOOTBALL NEEDS TO STAY IN PERRY CO. for the kids. It's good for the town too. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(Big Bigby @ Jun 7 2007 - 10:58 PM) 826472780[/snapback]To the people of Perry Co., especially the football fans, Sorry about the bad news I just read. I hope everything

works itself out over the summer before fall practice begins. As we mTp fans know, it can be a difficult thing going through a coaching change but it worked out for the best in our situation. I hope it does for you all too. Good luck.

By the way, I agree FOOTBALL NEEDS TO STAY IN PERRY CO. for the kids. It's good for the town too. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

We're not gonna let it go without a fight. A lot of people have worked too long and hard to get it here in the first place.

QUOTE(Nedn1stgrade @ Jun 7 2007 - 07:05 PM) 826472669[/snapback]Quite simply, the superintendant doesn't care. He should not be in that spot. In fact, he shouldn't work in any school system at any position. He is a weak minded person who cannot handle himself professionally.

You have a way with words, Ned.

QUOTE(viking_fan @ Jun 7 2007 - 04:37 PM) 826472622[/snapback]Yale, have you talked to Coach Bradley? He had a meeting with all the players last Thurs and told them. They were all in shock.

I talked with Coach B. last Wed. evening right after this happened.

I’m not a Perry Co. resident; I met Coach Bradley about a year and a half ago & gave him some football offense material. Since then we became good friends & I sort of adopted the Vikings & supported them as much as I can going to some of the practices and 9 of the 10 regular season games. I usually try to take the high road on most things, but this is one disgusting situation I just have to vent.

Unbelievable. Firing Coach Bradley is an absolute disgrace. Here’s a coach who has given his ALL to a program; this is the reward he gets. He basically had to coach the entire team BY HIMSELF last season…taking on every last detail with little or no assistants…mostly a bunch of bag holders looking for a stipend. Hey folks, the HEAD COACH should NOT have to be calling in stats to the media after a game. There was NO ONE to place upstairs in the booth during a game. While school officials were tucked at home in their warm beds after the games, Bronson was working until 3 or 4 o’clock in the morning breaking down game films, preparing game plans for the next week etc. etc.

I don’t know any of the Perry Co. school system officials; never met any of ‘em & wouldn’t want to. I do know the character & abilities of Coach Bradley. I wish my son could play for him. It’s painfully obvious what sort of emphasis the powers that be place on the football program. They don’t have a CLUE. It’s just something to pass the time until basketball & baseball. The most sickening aspect is the effects this will have on the football team. Great kids like Cole, Forrest, Robbie, Marcus, Royce etc. etc. This leaves them high & dry. Oh yeah, PLENTY OF TIME to install ANOTHER

offense/defense…summer workouts?? Lotsa luck on having any sort of decent summer program.

The administration HAD to be thinking about this for a while...you just don’t come into work one day and say, “Gee, I think I’ll fire the football coach today…” Why on earth did you wait until it’s so late for this man to find another coaching job?? Couldn’t you have the common decency to at least tell him after the season that we want to go a new direction with our football program? The officials who came up with this railroad job should be ashamed of themselves. So ironic… the program was making good strides within their region…it’s almost like they’re afraid of football success?? You know, you CAN have success in multiple sports…there’s not an ordinance against it…

I know there is a plan to upgrade the facilities with new bleachers, additional restrooms etc. I was considering contributing/buying one or two of the “PSL’s” they are trying to sell in order to fund some of these improvements. I can’t consider it any more. I wish Mr. Boutwell & all of the hard working football boosters the best of luck & I sincerely thank them for all that they do. They are a class act indeed.

Despite the circumstances, I want to encourage the players to support and play hard for whoever coaches this team next year. I also would warn whoever takes this head coaching job to watch out & keep a resume handy.

Coach Bradley, if you’re reading this, there’s a purpose & reason for all things. You will come back stronger than ever, I firmly believe it. Call on me if I can help in any way.

QUOTE(Yale Formation @ Jun 8 2007 - 07:28 AM) 826472840[/snapback]I talked with Coach B. last Wed. evening right after this happened.

I’m not a Perry Co. resident; I met Coach Bradley about a year and a half ago & gave him some football offense material. Since then we became good friends & I sort of adopted the Vikings & supported them as much as I can going to some of the practices and 9 of the 10 regular season games. I usually try to take the high road on most things, but this is one disgusting situation I just have to vent.

Unbelievable. Firing Coach Bradley is an absolute disgrace. Here’s a coach who has given his ALL to a program; this is the reward he gets. He basically had to coach the entire team BY HIMSELF last season…taking on every last detail with little or no assistants…mostly a bunch of bag holders looking for a stipend. Hey folks, the HEAD COACH should NOT have to be calling in stats to the media after a game. There was NO ONE to place upstairs in the booth during a game. While school officials were tucked at home in their warm beds after the games, Bronson was working until 3 or 4 o’clock in the morning breaking down game films, preparing game plans for the next week etc. etc.

I don’t know any of the Perry Co. school system officials; never met any of ‘em & wouldn’t want to. I do know the character & abilities of Coach Bradley. I wish my son could play for him. It’s painfully obvious what sort of emphasis the powers that be place on the football program. They don’t have a CLUE. It’s just something to pass the time until basketball & baseball. The most sickening aspect is the effects this will have on the football team. Great kids like Cole, Forrest, Robbie, Marcus, Royce etc. etc. This leaves them high & dry. Oh yeah, PLENTY OF TIME to install ANOTHER

offense/defense…summer workouts?? Lotsa luck on having any sort of decent summer program.

The administration HAD to be thinking about this for a while...you just don’t come into work one day and say, “Gee, I think I’ll fire the football coach today…” Why on earth did you wait until it’s so late for this man to find another coaching job?? Couldn’t you have the common decency to at least tell him after the season that we want to go a new direction with our football program? The officials who came up with this railroad job should be ashamed of themselves. So ironic… the program was making good strides within their region…it’s almost like they’re afraid of football success?? You know, you CAN have success in multiple sports…there’s not an ordinance against it…

I know there is a plan to upgrade the facilities with new bleachers, additional restrooms etc. I was considering contributing/buying one or two of the “PSL’s” they are trying to sell in order to fund some of these improvements. I can’t consider it any more. I wish Mr. Boutwell & all of the hard working football boosters the best of luck & I sincerely thank them for all that they do. They are a class act indeed.

Despite the circumstances, I want to encourage the players to support and play hard for whoever coaches this team next year. I also would warn whoever takes this head coaching job to watch out & keep a resume handy.

Coach Bradley, if you’re reading this, there’s a purpose & reason for all things. You will come back stronger than ever, I firmly believe it. Call on me if I can help in any way.

Well said, Yale. You said it better than I could have. Believe me, everybody here in PC feels the same way.