Top Prospects for 2009

ruse?

Ruse?,

Thanks for the update. We're certainly glad to hear Zak is recovering fully to resume playing HS football and likely will play in college as well. He not only sounds like a gifted athlete, but an outstanding student and young man as well.

When this happened I remember showing the thread to my son who at the time was a healthy 15 year old sophomore backup LT to Cameron Hunt at David Lipscomb. (He was listed as the starting LT this spring and is 6'3" and 260.)

Little did any of us know he'd face some very similar challenges this past spring. His injury happened while goofing around with friends. He fractured his fibula and tore several ligaments in his ankle (known as a Weber C Fracture) and had to undergo surgery this spring. He missed all camps and did make it back to the field in the late summer. He's healing nicely, but as Zak and others who've torn multiple ligaments at one time can tell you. It takes months and weeks to "get your step back".

-SND

SND.

Cameron Hunt = fine player. Your boy will be too. From an old guy's perspective, it is remarkable that people are able to recover at all let alone at the speed at which they appear to be. When I played, or early in my coaching, torn cartiledge would get you "cut", and ACL/MCL tears would get you the "zipper." BTW, the "getting that step back" is @ least 80% mental. Have him google "psycocybernetics." Ask him to learn about it, and read some of the practical stuff, twice.. If he wants to play, it will help.

ruse?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jock Stinson isnt a prospect anymore...he doesnt even play football or go to school....got into trouble again and Zac Tait reclassified to a 2010 prospect

orangeblur.

I am aware of this. The date of the post which you quoted/replied to was dated June, 2007. The thread sort of just comes, and goes, and comes back.

ruse?

Hey ruse?

I want to get some attention to a sophomore tackle at Cheatham Co. named Tanner Owen. He is 6'6 and weight 275lbs. and goes both ways. He is already very good and has a shot to be the best to ever play in the entire county once all is said and done. He could earn Region MVP Honors for the top Offensive Linemen in Region 5-3A. Did I mention he is only a SOPHOMORE???????

He went to a lineman camp in Alabama this past summer and graded out higher than anyone in his entire class. He is very athletic for a guy his size. He is playing basketball for the Cubs this winter.

I would like to get some film out on him A.S.A.P.

Biggun.

Yes, I've seen him. He will be a top flight prospect....if he improves his technique, and lower body flexibility. He is a legit 6-6, has a great frame, lean, not fat. Good straight away speed as well. Athletic kid. Nice feet. He reminded me of Chad clifton at about the same stage. I believe he went to the camp that was later in the summer, July. he ran with the Jrs, and clearly stood out in the drills. I did not see or hear from my birdies what he looked like in one-on-ones.

You should get your stuff to orangeblur. He does nice work, and seems very focused on 2011, and 2012 kids.

ruse?

Biggun.

Yes, I've seen him. He will be a top flight prospect....if he improves his technique, and lower body flexibility. He is a legit 6-6, has a great frame, lean, not fat. Good straight away speed as well. Athletic kid. Nice feet. He reminded me of Chad clifton at about the same stage. I believe he went to the camp that was later in the summer, July. he ran with the Jrs, and clearly stood out in the drills. I did not see or hear from my birdies what he looked like in one-on-ones.

You should get your stuff to orangeblur. He does nice work, and seems very focused on 2011, and 2012 kids.

ruse?

thanks Ruse...your right I tend to look more at the younger prospect...

all he has to do is email me...and I'll make sure that Tanner has a story written (I'll write it) and his video gets on the TN rivals site...

Ruse...by way...could you email me too? thanks!

thanks Ruse...your right I tend to look more at the younger prospect...

all he has to do is email me...and I'll make sure that Tanner has a story written (I'll write it) and his video gets on the TN rivals site...

Ruse...by way...could you email me too? thanks!

Will do. With the difference in time zones...I'll shoot it your way tomorrow. Gonna watch Spurlock. Another slow play, as some might say /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

ruse?

SND.

Cameron Hunt = fine player. Your boy will be too. From an old guy's perspective, it is remarkable that people are able to recover at all let alone at the speed at which they appear to be. When I played, or early in my coaching, torn cartiledge would get you "cut", and ACL/MCL tears would get you the "zipper." BTW, the "getting that step back" is @ least 80% mental. Have him google "psycocybernetics." Ask him to learn about it, and read some of the practical stuff, twice.. If he wants to play, it will help.

ruse?

Ruse?,

I didn't mention that a few weeks into his return to the field he broke a bone in his other foot also. He's still healing from that injury.

However, you're right about the mental aspects of performance in sports and other facets of life. This book may be a good read to accompany his recovery.

Thanks,

SND

several players i have noticed in division 2:

Nick Pollard (father ryan)- number one kicker in nation on prokicker.com

mick cohan (father ryan)- dominant 300+ pound lineman

Orleans Opoku-Darkwa (ensworth)- quick rb

Opoku-Darkwa will be top 5 in-state in 2010. Really thought he was 2010.