Best Backfield in 1A

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cascade Champions will definitely have a top five backfield with everyone returning. Cory Phillips (FB), Matt Henderson (RB), and Jacob Carkuff (QB) will have a great season behind a huge line! We also have several other guys who I expect to get significant time in the backfield. Ricky Hord, Blake Harvey, Tyler Carter, Matt Bain, and we have a transfer who's last name is Batts that is suppose to be solid. Sorry if I left someone out, but we are eat up with talent in the backfield. If the receivers step up and the defense plays well, this will be a great season for football in Bell Buckle!

Bruceton Central's one-two punch of Chad Jordan and Alex Matlock are really good. Both are college prospects.

http://tennessee.Unapproved Website/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=59771

http://tennessee.Unapproved Website/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=68327

Chad was a runner - up for Mr. Football last year. Matlock is projected as a TE at the next level but is a BEAST at FB.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(jadguitar06 @ Jun 11 2007 - 08:11 PM) 826473994[/snapback]South Pitt's will be tough this year. They have a couple who would start on many teams.

I don't know if SP will have the best backfield this year but we have 6 backs (3-Srs, 3-Jrs) and 2 QB's (1 Sr, 1 Soph) that could start on most teams. We could easily have at least 3 or maybe 4 with over 1000 yds each and at least 1 or 2 of those could easily have over 1500 yds. With so many talented backs and QB's the carries are spread around and getting big numbers is harder than on a team where there is just 1 or 2 main backs getting the carries. A couple of the backs (and WRs) have decent hands and our QB's are both throwing much better so they will have some passing yards to boot. I don't think any are big DI prospects but they are all fast, hard runners and a couple are already getting some looks from smaller schools. Some of the younger guys will get their names out more this year. If you look at the best 2 deep backfield I don't know if anybody else in 1A could match up.

QUOTE(TigerBenchPress @ Jun 12 2007 - 09:36 AM) 826474177[/snapback]Bruceton Central's one-two punch of Chad Jordan and Alex Matlock are really good. Both are college prospects.

http://tennessee.Unapproved Website/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=59771

http://tennessee.Unapproved Website/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=68327

Chad was a runner - up for Mr. Football last year. Matlock is projected as a TE at the next level but is a BEAST at FB.

Matlock is a huge FB. I would hate to have to try to stop him one on one. Any clips out showing these 2 guy's highlights?

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Jun 12 2007 - 06:49 AM) 826474113[/snapback]Cascade Champions will definitely have a top five backfield with everyone returning. Cory Phillips (FB), Matt Henderson (RB), and Jacob Carkuff (QB) will have a great season behind a huge line! We also have several other guys who I expect to get significant time in the backfield. Ricky Hord, Blake Harvey, Tyler Carter, Matt Bain, and we have a transfer who's last name is Batts that is suppose to be solid. Sorry if I left someone out, but we are eat up with talent in the backfield. If the receivers step up and the defense plays well, this will be a great season for football in Bell Buckle!

Cascade should be tough!Batts is the kid who transferred from Shelbyville to play baseball and football right?

QUOTE(rocketman1 @ Jun 13 2007 - 03:32 PM) 826474673[/snapback]Cascade should be tough!Batts is the kid who transferred from Shelbyville to play baseball and football right?

Yeah but the last I heard he would not be able to play football this season due to TSSAA rules. I may be wrong but as of the state baseball tourney I was told he will not be elgible to play anything but half a season of Basketball and all of baseball. I hope this has changed because he would be a huge addition to an already incredibly talented football team.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Jun 13 2007 - 03:58 PM) 826474686[/snapback]Yeah but the last I heard he would not be able to play football this season due to TSSAA rules. I may be wrong but as of the state baseball tourney I was told he will not be elgible to play anything but half a season of Basketball and all of baseball. I hope this has changed because he would be a huge addition to an already incredibly talented football team.

Ask VolunteerGeneral about it, he knows all the eligibilty rules for transfers.