Tennessee High's New Baseball Coach

krichunaka

www.sportsedit.com - That would be us /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" - is reporting that Tennessee High School has hired Gil Payne to run the Vikings' baseball program.

Is this true? . . . .or . . . .Are we way out on the limb on this one?

The Cyclones move Eddie Pless into the Principalship. A couple weeks later, they lose Coach Payne, who, in the past two seasons, set, then broke all-time records, to the Vikings?

Interesting stuff a-happenin' in Elizabethton.

Agree?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda looks like no one wants to work for the new "Super".

QUOTE(krichunaka @ Jun 13 2007 - 10:41 AM) 826474601[/snapback]www.sportsedit.com - That would be us /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" - is reporting that Tennessee High School has hired Gil Payne to run the Vikings' baseball program.

Is this true? . . . .or . . . .Are we way out on the limb on this one?

The Cyclones move Eddie Pless into the Principalship. A couple weeks later, they lose Coach Payne, who, in the past two seasons, set, then broke all-time records, to the Vikings?

Interesting stuff a-happenin' in Elizabethton.

Agree?

QUOTE(CADDYBRIE @ Jun 13 2007 - 11:59 AM) 826474626[/snapback]Kinda looks like no one wants to work for the new "Super".

Is this new Super permanently ingrained? Did all the activity within the board settle things for good? Is one man really an island? Will other heads roll before the school year begins?

Coach Payne was given no choice in the matter and it is very disappointing for Cyclone fans but very exciting for Viking fans. There is no way that a 12,000 dollar pay cut is acceptable for many people. Things were going along fine until this guy Alexander came into the picture. He is an ###### and he has ruined Elizabethton High school. I guarantee the Cyclones lose 20 or more students to all of this mayhem. It's a fact that his son will go with him to Tenn. High, and one of the Cyclones top upcoming football players is trying to transfer to Science Hill. Also, many other kids are talking about the possibility to follow Coach Payne to Bristol. They have no basketball, baseball, or football coach now, and this school is the biggest laughing stock in the area. Way to go Ed! Way to ruine lives!

What happened at the board meeting?

It look more like a funeral, than a school board meeting. Players and teachers dressed in black, The ships Captain was going down with the ship and one of the most outstanding baseball fans and friend to many called Mr. Ed a Liar. "If you will lie to a friend, you will steal from him" That was strong. I though Mrs. Parlier speech was as good as any I had ever heard. I didn't understand it but I thought it was great. She should run for President. Took a few pictures, some kids received some awards, but mostly outside after the meeting people were still furious.

The true citizens of the City of Elizabethton need to make thier votes count in the next couple of elections. I know that a 'recall' is in order, but the right way to handle this is thru orderly elections. Stand up for the kids because ultimately, they are the ones suffering. Rest assured, there is more to come from these current 'leaders' of our school system.

'CLEAR THE HILL'

The true citizens of the City of Elizabethton need to make thier votes count in the next couple of elections. I know that a 'recall' is in order, but the right way to handle this is thru orderly elections. Stand up for the kids because ultimately, they are the ones suffering. Rest assured, there is more to come from these current 'leaders' of our school system.

'CLEAR THE HILL'

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> a good one