7AAA

live2succeed

I seem to recall after bowing out to McMinn in the sectionals your sophomore year a standing ovation from all of the Cookeville players and parents for your valiant effort in goal in that match. Harsh treatment? Yeah, there was a disconnect regarding club soccer; your teammates didn't understand why you traveled to play on a Nashville team that really wasn't any better than the team in Cookeville. The harsh treatment didn't start until after you said, "Well, I'm just going to take a year off from soccer," and then subsequently enrolled at another school in the district. You put the Cookeville team in a bind, and your actions affected every player on the team. And that's why people are upset.

Regarding Jerry Falwell, I wasn't making fun of him. By saying "Falwell Compound," I was merely referring to the lore regarding the fence that encloses all of Liberty University from the outside world. But I would hesitate to call Falwell an "amazing man" when he has said things like this:

"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals, it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

I'm done. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to recall after bowing out to McMinn in the sectionals your sophomore year a standing ovation from all of the Cookeville players and parents for your valiant effort in goal in that match. Harsh treatment? Yeah, there was a disconnect regarding club soccer; your teammates didn't understand why you traveled to play on a Nashville team that really wasn't any better than the team in Cookeville. The harsh treatment didn't start until after you said, "Well, I'm just going to take a year off from soccer," and then subsequently enrolled at another school in the district. You put the Cookeville team in a bind, and your actions affected every player on the team. And that's why people are upset.

Regarding Jerry Falwell, I wasn't making fun of him. By saying "Falwell Compound," I was merely referring to the lore regarding the fence that encloses all of Liberty University from the outside world. But I would hesitate to call Falwell an "amazing man" when he has said things like this:

"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals, it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

WOW! That was an entertaining exchange.....

ok, that standing ovation was because everyone knew that I was going to move that summer. The only reason I did not was because we could not sell our house.

TUSC offered better coaching and Goalkeeper training (The lipscomb assistant coach)

I decided not to play for Cookeville for reasons of which only me my family and a few teammates at Blackman know. I chose to disclose my reason for quiting out of respect for certain people, But no one seems to know that.

Lets be serious did you really think that I wasn't going to play soccer for a year? No one asked me why I quit not even the coach or the assistant, (wonder who that is) and that was reason enough to leave. It's like one of my friends said, God meant for you to be in the boro." Thats all there is to it. but I do take everyone's anger as a complement.

As for Falwell, I think its awesome that he came out and took a stance against things like that.

I to apologize for going off topic.

GO BLAZE

ok back to the topic...

does anyone know anything about Warren Co.

Whitey hows this year looking for the girls?

Better than the last two years and thanks for asking. Good luck and best wishes as you head off to college. Check in from time to time and stay in touch. Maybe you can make it back for the girl's state tournament and we can hook up again.

Better than the last two years and thanks for asking. Good luck and best wishes as you head off to college. Check in from time to time and stay in touch. Maybe you can make it back for the girl's state tournament and we can hook up again.

yeah definatly. I really hope so. I enjoyed talking soccer with other knowledgable people from 7aaa.

good luck this year

Preseason games are about to start. What are some of the toughest preseason games and how do you think each team will do?

Siegel's preseason is tough.

08/09 at Father Ryan (0-0-0) 6:00 PM

08/14 BGA (0-0-0) 7:00 PM

08/16 % at Independence (0-0-0) 6:30 PM

08/21 at Centennial (0-0-0) 7:00 PM

Bga is the only one I believe they may lose, but depends on how subs are used through the preseason, then its any ones guess.

Siegel's preseason is tough.

08/09 at Father Ryan (0-0-0) 6:00 PM

08/14 BGA (0-0-0) 7:00 PM

08/16 % at Independence (0-0-0) 6:30 PM

08/21 at Centennial (0-0-0) 7:00 PM

Bga is the only one I believe they may lose, but depends on how subs are used through the preseason, then its any ones guess.

I am not sure that wins in losses in preseason games mean anything. Preseason is a time to experiment with players, try new things, and get into game shape. I mean I realize that getting the wins are nice but in the long run a preseason result means nothing. Just a thought.

I am not sure that wins in losses in preseason games mean anything. Preseason is a time to experiment with players, try new things, and get into game shape. I mean I realize that getting the wins are nice but in the long run a preseason result means nothing. Just a thought.

Very true. It helps to give you an estimate of where you stand. Are they playing independence or playing a different team at independence. Because that doesn't seem like a tough game.