7AAA

live2succeed

I know no one has ever cared about Blackman, especially considering our HORRIBLE season last year, but this year we gained 3 talented freshmen.

and the juniors who tentatively led the team last year will be able to take more control, which was something that was holding us back last year. no one really knew if they could listen to us.

i think we may prove more of a threat this year.

Have heard some good things about the Freshman. Heard they scored all the points this weekend. Has anyone seen the games? Who have they played? How do you think they will do against Riverdale and Siegel?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have heard some good things about the Freshman. Heard they scored all the points this weekend. Has anyone seen the games? Who have they played? How do you think they will do against Riverdale and Siegel?

From the DNJ.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...Ud8AHi+4pvhU%3D

The Blackman girls soccer team is off to a 3-1-1 start in 2007.

The Blaze went 2-1-1 at a tournament in Kentucky over the weekend and returned to Tennessee to defeat USN 5-3 Tuesday.

Coach Bill Vice is starting six underclassmen, and he say's they're making a difference. Freshman Kati Smith scored her 10th goal Tuesday, and the Blackman record for goals in a season is 14.

The Blaze received a valiant effort from senior goalkeeper Hannah Sparks on Tuesday, as well.

"She played sick," Vice said. "She stepped up."

Vice also said the performances of freshmen Baker Thomas and Stephanie Terry were impressive.

I have a strong bias, but it appears that they are really starting to come together as a team. At times they look like "world-beaters" but can also look young at other times. So far, they have played Lincoln Co., Lavergne, and USN from TN, The teams that they played in the KY tournament were University Heights, Hopkinsville (2-4-0); Dixie Heights, Edgewood (0-8-0); Murray High, Murray (5-1-2); and Heath High (6-0-0) out of the Padukah area. The tie with Murray (1-1) was achieved with under 1 min to play. The loss to Heath came after an hour and a half rest in 95+ weather against a very good team that had not played in the heat with 24+hrs. rest.

All of this is positive direction from last year, but it still doesn't compare to the intensity and rivalry of 7AAA district games. Only time will tell as to how an improved team fielding 6 underclassmen will fare against the likes of Siegel, Riverdale, Cookeville and the rest of 7AAA.

From the DNJ.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...Ud8AHi+4pvhU%3D

The Blackman girls soccer team is off to a 3-1-1 start in 2007.

The Blaze went 2-1-1 at a tournament in Kentucky over the weekend and returned to Tennessee to defeat USN 5-3 Tuesday.

Coach Bill Vice is starting six underclassmen, and he say's they're making a difference. Freshman Kati Smith scored her 10th goal Tuesday, and the Blackman record for goals in a season is 14.

The Blaze received a valiant effort from senior goalkeeper Hannah Sparks on Tuesday, as well.

"She played sick," Vice said. "She stepped up."

Vice also said the performances of freshmen Baker Thomas and Stephanie Terry were impressive.

I have a strong bias, but it appears that they are really starting to come together as a team. At times they look like "world-beaters" but can also look young at other times. So far, they have played Lincoln Co., Lavergne, and USN from TN, The teams that they played in the KY tournament were University Heights, Hopkinsville (2-4-0); Dixie Heights, Edgewood (0-8-0); Murray High, Murray (5-1-2); and Heath High (6-0-0) out of the Padukah area. The tie with Murray (1-1) was achieved with under 1 min to play. The loss to Heath came after an hour and a half rest in 95+ weather against a very good team that had not played in the heat with 24+hrs. rest.

All of this is positive direction from last year, but it still doesn't compare to the intensity and rivalry of 7AAA district games. Only time will tell as to how an improved team fielding 6 underclassmen will fare against the likes of Siegel, Riverdale, Cookeville and the rest of 7AAA.

their next 4 games or cookville, tullahoma at riverdale and siegel

i won't be there saturday mourning

their next 4 games or cookville, tullahoma at riverdale and siegel

i won't be there saturday mourning

Yeah. No intended reflection on the rest of the schedule, but the meat of the schedule is coming up. They also visit Gallatin prior to going to Riverdale. Sorry you won't be there Sat. I was hoping to get your impression of our young team.

Yeah. No intended reflection on the rest of the schedule, but the meat of the schedule is coming up. They also visit Gallatin prior to going to Riverdale. Sorry you won't be there Sat. I was hoping to get your impression of our young team.

i think we play 9 AM but never wake-up before noon on saturdays

Keeperfan 15,

I cannot for the life of me figure out who you are. I mean you obviously follow Blackman soccer because I remember you posting in the spring when our boys team was doing well. but i just cant figure it out.

Do i know you or what? I have to if you are a keeper fan?

You have to tell me. It's killing me.

Keeperfan 15,

I cannot for the life of me figure out who you are. I mean you obviously follow Blackman soccer because I remember you posting in the spring when our boys team was doing well. but i just cant figure it out.

Do i know you or what? I have to if you are a keeper fan?

You have to tell me. It's killing me.

Just by sight probably. The dad of your team manager last spring.

are blackman and tullahoma playing a jv game saturday mourning