Class 3A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

The warhorse has searched for this historic information. The last time I remember a long run in the playoffs, Larry Davies was the head coach. Sometime in the late 80's they lost to Marion County in the semis. Most likely won the old District 5AA championship. I do not recall them winning any in the 90's. Polk was not a factor in 2A after the classification change in 93. After moving to 3A and hiring the prodigal son, they have been close.

Polk will be in the hunt in 2007. Howard and Norte Dame are the favorites. Meigs and Polk will be around the top of the region. Watch out if the Chargers get started with a win against Loudon. Coach James and his Pioneers might also be better than most people think. This will be an exciting year in 3-3A.

Very true my friend, I was just trying to look on the sunny side. This is a really tough year to just single one team out to win it all, because IMO there is really NOT an over powering team. Now with the Central stuff..... These people think Central, Central is like a bluetooth, it just doesn't work in certain places, just like Central doesn't work in football.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Meigs County is the favorite as long as they can stay healthy. I mean they are the defending champions and have a title to defend and have proven that they can beat anyone in Region 3-3A and they also have Howard and East Ridge at home this year which will certainly help. Meigs basically returns all lineman and still have a tough hard nosed backfield and good coaching. Their weakness is probably defensivley with the loss of last year's defensive coordinator and in the defensive secondary. I think Howard will come in second, Notre Dame third and Polk/East Ridge toss up for 4th. And about the whole Central thing, I just can't pick a team to be a Championship contender in this region when they haven't even made the playoffs in the past two years. They have great athletes but they have had good athletes in the past and not won. Until they prove they can live up to what they say they are, I can't pick them to be a major threat in this region

I think Meigs County is the favorite as long as they can stay healthy. I mean they are the defending champions and have a title to defend and have proven that they can beat anyone in Region 3-3A and they also have Howard and East Ridge at home this year which will certainly help. Meigs basically returns all lineman and still have a tough hard nosed backfield and good coaching. Their weakness is probably defensivley with the loss of last year's defensive coordinator and in the defensive secondary. I think Howard will come in second, Notre Dame third and Polk/East Ridge toss up for 4th. And about the whole Central thing, I just can't pick a team to be a Championship contender in this region when they haven't even made the playoffs in the past two years. They have great athletes but they have had good athletes in the past and not won. Until they prove they can live up to what they say they are, I can't pick them to be a major threat in this region

RegionChamp, Are you still sticking with the Tigers? Not a very fast team. The mighty Chiefs from SHS played them pretty even until Martin found the very small corners. Line seem to be slow footed and more importantly not very physical. Better hope Mobrient does not get hurt. Defense not agressive as in the past. Meigs not a top 4 team this year. Bank it!

Yes I am still picking the Tigers! No coach puts together a major strategic game plan against a team for one quarter in a jamboree especially when that team is in their region and will face them later on that year. And the Tigers are injured right now up front but a HEALTHY Tiger team I believe is the best in Region 3-3A. Whether you win by 30 or win by 1 a win is a win!! And I know your not high on Meigs based on your critisism during the Bradley scrimmage and the jamboree but hey the Tigers always like proving the cridicts wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

What does East Ridge have that people are overlooking? jw

everyone must be overlooking that 25-20 loss to a very weak single A team. E.R. has their first true test next Friday in Benton, Tn. That is gonna be one of the best games this year in my opinion just due to the fact Polk has owned East Ridge the past 2 years, and E.R. is looking for redemption.

Region is a toss up! Who has Polk played? Bledsoe County. Nobody will be backsliding on picks until region play starts. Howard, Norte Dame, Polk and Meigs are still the favorites. It is early. Lots of football to go. Lots of folks overlooking the Chargers and East Ridge.

Who has Polk played? It was the first game of the season. I do say it was an easy game.

1st Hustling Tigers- Great Skill Players, Ol is suspect, Speed, Better coaching.

2nd Fighting Irish- Best Head Coach, Eberle is a man, Should be playing 4A.

3rd Chargers- Fast Skilled Players, Solid Offense, No Toughness on Defense

4th Tigers- Toughest Players, Simple Effective Schemes, Will miss Coach Baker.

5th Wildcats- Small but play hard, Browder is the Offense, Hammonds is a weapon.

6th Pioneers- Privates have stolen the Athletes, Coach James great coach, Wing- t?

7th Bears- Big and Slow, New Coach, Single Wing, No Passing Game

8th Chiefs- New Coaching Staff, Sequoyah not Maryville, Sweetwater wins by 30.

9th Yellow Jackets- Spread Offense, No Athletes, No Depth, No Wins in 2007

hahhahahhahahah No Athletes, ????? Grundy has ACTUALLY decent overall team speed, 1 guy running in the 4.5 range, 2 others in the 4.6 range, and a great bunch running in the 4.9-4.7 range, THEY HAVE PLENTY OF ATHLETES and good depth at the skill position,

You guys are going to be surprised by Grundy this year, No doubt.....

They are most definately apples and oranges as compared from last year to this year....