Who's the strongest in 2A the west, middle, or east?

xriv

Guest Termite

Relax little fella, just having a little fun here. Smith Co. and Westmoreland both need to take one more step to be up there with the GP's and Alcoa's of 2A. It's really fun to see how fast you respond to a post from a SCHS fan. I sit 5 feet from one your Westy grads at work all day. Don't think we don't sling the BS during football season.

I think, most of the time, SC is right in step with Goodpasture...having watched the Championship with Alcoa last year, I thought SC could have handled Goodpasure.......but Alcoa had a way of making everybody look bad.

I'm not sure about taking 1 more step to be even with Goodpaster.....but I do know it's more than 1 step (2-3) for everybody to be up there with Alcoa.....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, most of the time, SC is right in step with Goodpasture...having watched the Championship with Alcoa last year, I thought SC could have handled Goodpasure.......but Alcoa had a way of making everybody look bad.

I'm not sure about taking 1 more step to be even with Goodpaster.....but I do know it's more than 1 step (2-3) for everybody to be up there with Alcoa.....

THat is going a little far saying SC was right in step with GP. GP was by far the second best team in 2a, and Alcoa was the best team by far. I am sure this year will be different.

THat is going a little far saying SC was right in step with GP. GP was by far the second best team in 2a, and Alcoa was the best team by far. I am sure this year will be different.

GP was not by far the second best team in 2A. The Milan Bulldogs totaled over 400 yds. against them in the semi's last year. They were the 2nd best team but it wasn't by much.

GP was not by far the second best team in 2A. The Milan Bulldogs totaled over 400 yds. against them in the semi's last year. They were the 2nd best team but it wasn't by much.

I would put money on it that if Milan and GP would play again then the score would be worse. I cant prove it, but it is just my honest opinion. Two touchdowns is only pretty close when you play GP and Alcoa.

I would put money on it that if Milan and GP would play again then the score would be worse. I cant prove it, but it is just my honest opinion. Two touchdowns is only pretty close when you play GP and Alcoa.

The facts are neither team could stop the other. This year is a different year and I put my money on the Bulldogs.

Relax little fella, just having a little fun here. Smith Co. and Westmoreland both need to take one more step to be up there with the GP's and Alcoa's of 2A. It's really fun to see how fast you respond to a post from a SCHS fan. I sit 5 feet from one your Westy grads at work all day. Don't think we don't sling the BS during football season.

You sure they just need to take one?

Guest Termite

"was by far the 2nd best".....we'll never know. I don't think anybody plays for 2nd best. Do I think SC could have won against Goodpasture....yes, I think they could have. The only way I have to judge this is by the fact I saw them both play Alcoa......They looked equal in their games against Alcoa.

This year...the topic is Strongest in the East,Middle,West.......I'm still not sure where the boundry is.

Where do you place region 3? East, Middle? An earlier post stated that there are games that decide this topic......right? Well, "if in 2006 Alcoa was 1st...and if Goodpasture was "by far the second best team in 2a" who was 3rd or 4th? Your definetion of "step" may be different than mine.... I believe that last year..and maybe this year..."by far the 2nd best" is closer to 3-4-5 than they are to #1.

The facts are neither team could stop the other. This year is a different year and I put my money on the Bulldogs.

i'm a realist, but i do love dem dawgs. milan should go to state with their returning talent, but their new transfer QB has yet to prove himself. so i'll give the edge to alcoa if they meet at the boro. the dawgs will have to wait 1 more year. GO DAWGS!!!!!

Termite,

I would like to think that Smith County was equal to Goodpasture in 06. The problem is, if

David Martin at Goodpasture does not totally dominate he cannot win. He had nothing at all that even came close to fooling Rankin. The coaching that he did was terrible. No trick plays, no special passes, just around the end which is not going to happen against Alcoa and up the gut. No screens, nothing. It's sad to say, Man to Man, Westmoreland and Smith County cannot go toe to toe with Goodpasture. 5 or 6 of those players have gone on to colleges. Then the same kids have won the baseball state championship for the past two years. It is sickening. We all know what kind of Coach David Martin is. He was the Head Coach at Westmoreland for two years in 1991 and 1992. He cannot win at the public school setup. He couldn't even win at the Private school level for the first 4 - 5 years. He didn't win when he switched over to the private league of the TSSAA that offer scholarships like MBA and Brentwood Academy. He started winning when he cameback in our league but still had his hand picked players from when he was playing private. From then, Goodpasture gets the cream of the crop. They bring in these youngsters to their summer camps by having people like Steve McNair drawing them in. When they see them and their parents see Goodpasture's facilities then they start loading up. They

offer work grants and tell their players and their families not even say the word scholarship.

Termite,

I would like to think that Smith County was equal to Goodpasture in 06. The problem is, if

David Martin at Goodpasture does not totally dominate he cannot win. He had nothing at all that even came close to fooling Rankin. The coaching that he did was terrible. No trick plays, no special passes, just around the end which is not going to happen against Alcoa and up the gut. No screens, nothing. It's sad to say, Man to Man, Westmoreland and Smith County cannot go toe to toe with Goodpasture. 5 or 6 of those players have gone on to colleges. Then the same kids have won the baseball state championship for the past two years. It is sickening. We all know what kind of Coach David Martin is. He was the Head Coach at Westmoreland for two years in 1991 and 1992. He cannot win at the public school setup. He couldn't even win at the Private school level for the first 4 - 5 years. He didn't win when he switched over to the private league of the TSSAA that offer scholarships like MBA and Brentwood Academy. He started winning when he cameback in our league but still had his hand picked players from when he was playing private. From then, Goodpasture gets the cream of the crop. They bring in these youngsters to their summer camps by having people like Steve McNair drawing them in. When they see them and their parents see Goodpasture's facilities then they start loading up. They

offer work grants and tell their players and their families not even say the word scholarship.

Great Post, I totally agree with your take on the great David Martin

i'm a realist, but i do love dem dawgs. milan should go to state with their returning talent, but their new transfer QB has yet to prove himself. so i'll give the edge to alcoa if they meet at the boro. the dawgs will have to wait 1 more year. GO DAWGS!!!!!

The new qb has proved he has the potential to be a really good qb. He has a cannon, he's tall, strong, and pretty fast. What he was lacking was coaching. Coach Morris personally coaches the QBs. He'll be good come august.