Unicoi County

bluevol

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes, it takes a sharp right hook to the chin to shake your head into focus. Thanks, Cap1- I never knew you were a southpaw. I guess when you get so wrapped up in a growing program, you put blinders on blocking out the immediate past. You want EVERYONE to pay attention to how far you've come and, I'll admit, that can be very childish. That has to be the most polite way to remind someone just why they may be overlooked by those who don't religiously follow football in this area.

The Blue Devils have enough fire power to pull a shocker, but a lot of breaks are going to have to go their way. Potential carries a team to no victory.

I've heard a lot about the RB Baker, Cap1, is he being recruited by anyone? How about that DE that tore our heads off last year?

Not sure who is looking at Baker. I do know that he and another Viking went to the Emory game this past weekend for a visit. Sorry for the delay...I didn't see your post till it was bumped. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I heard Unicoi hung in there pretty good for along time, turned the ball over 5 times in the second half. Still say people had better come to play against Unicoi ,they are a tough team. Still have a good shot at making the playoffs. Good luck.

I agree. I think the Unicoi vs Johnson County game will be one of the best games to see this season. Unicoi has some strikers on that team??¦they hit hard! They came to play Friday night and took advantage of every opportunity that the Vikings game them. IMO they are a hard nose football team but they don??™t have the offensive weapons to contend for a top seed in the MLC. The good thing about it is that it??™s almost all downhill from hear for Unicoi. They have a good chance (and could be favored) to win any of the games they have left.

NO

why do you say that dogpound? unicoi is off to a great start their losses came to the best teams in the mountain lakes conference and to a hampton team that they should have beaten. yes they do make mistakes like every other team out there but i think they will get their confidence back this week and start playing like they can.

I agree. I think the Unicoi vs Johnson County game will be one of the best games to see this season. Unicoi has some strikers on that team??¦they hit hard! They came to play Friday night and took advantage of every opportunity that the Vikings game them. IMO they are a hard nose football team but they don??™t have the offensive weapons to contend for a top seed in the MLC. The good thing about it is that it??™s almost all downhill from hear for Unicoi. They have a good chance (and could be favored) to win any of the games they have left.

Wow I'm sorry Cap. I've gotten lazy with the bye week. First off, congratulations on proving the strength of the MLC- couldn't have been happier reading the paper Saturday morning. I appreciate your assessment and you're dead on. I think the Devils have some weapons, but getting the ball in their hands is the difficult part. We're better than we've been in a long time, though. I'm glad the Baker RB is getting some looks- he's earned it.

The match up friday night with Johnson County is absolutely crucial for the Blue Devils. I hope we're physical and mentally ready by the time the ball's in the air, because we know the Longhorns will be.

why do you say that dogpound? unicoi is off to a great start their losses came to the best teams in the mountain lakes conference and to a hampton team that they should have beaten. yes they do make mistakes like every other team out there but i think they will get their confidence back this week and start playing like they can.

The only wins were S GREEN an HAPPY VALLEY 2a schools. 0 an 2 in conference play.The HAMPTON game it was rainy an thay played like crap

The only wins were S GREEN an HAPPY VALLEY 2a schools. 0 an 2 in conference play.The HAMPTON game it was rainy an thay played like crap

yes 0-2 in conference play against the two toughest teams in the mountain lakes conference i would love to see hampton hold their own against sullivan south. no doubt about it hampton is good...unicoi came to play against them and should have beaten them and maybe hampton didnt play their best, but neither did unicoi hampton just couldnt do anything against unicoi's tough defense and like i said if uncioi plays LIKE THEY CAN then the next five games will be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Heard about the Unicoi game against East. Sounds like a tough loss,but a very good game. From a Central fan,Unicoi has done a great job building a team that can compete week in and week out,and it seems like these last 2 senior classes could be laying a great foundation for helping Unicoi build a program in the future. Best of luck to you all in the last 2 weeks.