Unicoi County

bluevol

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hustle, You sound very ambitious. I'm not too familiar with the kids down there now. Could you give me a player/position re-cap? I'll be pulling for you guys........ except vs. the Cyclones. I'm in Big Blue Country (no, not Unicoi but Kentucky) now but I'll always have a Cyclone in me. Anyhows, fill me in on the Devils upcoming season. I think I've been banned from the Cyclone threads

Glee, you are more than welcome on the Blue Devil boards! I am ambitious about the upcoming season- both because of the returning talent we'll have and because there are so many unknowns across the conference. For the sake of the kids who probably read this and shouldn't, I like to stay away from naming too many names of players- I hope you respect that. As someone has already mentioned, we lost QB Scott, FB/LB Bishop, and RB/CB Ollis to graduation and I won't pretend that those three aren't huge departures. However, I am very excited about seeing the majority of our WRs, OL, TE, and DL returning. These positions (particularly the linemen) will highlight the early matchups. The runningback and linebacker positions are very deep, but deep with inexperienced athletes- the preseason scrimmages will help separate the 6 or 7 players in contention. QB is the biggest question mark as of right now, which makes complete sense after losing a three year starter (not to mention a 6'3, 4.6 lefty). I think the Devils will be more athletic than they traditionally have been over the past decade, from top to bottom, and the depth at most positions should keep the team from fizzling late in important games. I'll be more than happy to keep you posted on the happenings in the Valley Beautiful; I hope you enjoy KY.

Hey, thanks Hustle.

I know last season's QB was a dandy game in and game out so that has to be one of the biggest question-marks. Bishop was a beast running the ball and one of the most impressive things to note last season was the strength of the team as a whole. Good luck and I'll be keeping an eye!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to the Blue Devils on a well earned victory. A solid blowout was a great way to avenge the 06 lose that should have been a win. A huge congratulations to coach Doug Cooper who continues to prove that heart and hustle are essential to victory. Good luck to the Devils down the road against Valley and into Conference play I would love nothing more then to see the Blue and White in the post season again.

Congratulations to the Blue Devils on a well earned victory. A solid blowout was a great way to avenge the 06 lose that should have been a win. A huge congratulations to coach Doug Cooper who continues to prove that heart and hustle are essential to victory. Good luck to the Devils down the road against Valley and into Conference play I would love nothing more then to see the Blue and White in the post season again.

What were the stats and who where the playmakers in this game???