Unicoi County

bluevol

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were a better team last year ,than alot of people give them credit for.They may be on the right path, I hope they are , I like to see any of our local schools do well. Hampton plays both Johnson Co and Unicoi, those are the kind of games they need to prepare them for the playoffs. Win or lose ,they need some tough games.

They were a better team last year ,than alot of people give them credit for.They may be on the right path, I hope they are , I like to see any of our local schools do well. Hampton plays both Johnson Co and Unicoi, those are the kind of games they need to prepare them for the playoffs. Win or lose ,they need some tough games.

I agree When those schools play each other you see speed and hard nosed football. Last year Hampton didn't beat Unicoi Adam Townsend did, so I really look forward to seeing Unicoi play a Hampton team without Adam Townsend it will be a great game. Both programs have made huge strides Unicoi is no longer the doormat of Mountain Lakes, and Hampton put togeather a solid playoff run last year.

I agree When those schools play each other you see speed and hard nosed football. Last year Hampton didn't beat Unicoi Adam Townsend did, so I really look forward to seeing Unicoi play a Hampton team without Adam Townsend it will be a great game. Both programs have made huge strides Unicoi is no longer the doormat of Mountain Lakes, and Hampton put togeather a solid playoff run last year.

I don't think Adam Townsend was the only reason Hampton won the game. The Bulldogs simply blocked and tackled much better than we did for four full quarters. That's all it boils down to. The Blue Devils seem to be on a solid path, but they're are plenty of question marks as the season rolls around. This will be a very telling season and I'm looking foward to an exciting match-up every Friday night- a luxury the Blue Devils have not had in quite some time.

Pujo- the entire state knows about Hampton's running game, but have they made any effort to increase their passing production? I want to see you all hold a gold ball up soon and I think this facet might be the missing piece.

With the Mountain Lakes as up for grabs as it is this year, I think Unicoi could wind up with a winning season and another play-off run ("run" depending on whether or not Mo West is the first round match up). I can't wait for the season to start!

I don't think Adam Townsend was the only reason Hampton won the game. The Bulldogs simply blocked and tackled much better than we did for four full quarters. That's all it boils down to. The Blue Devils seem to be on a solid path, but they're are plenty of question marks as the season rolls around. This will be a very telling season and I'm looking foward to an exciting match-up every Friday night- a luxury the Blue Devils have not had in quite some time.

Pujo- the entire state knows about Hampton's running game, but have they made any effort to increase their passing production? I want to see you all hold a gold ball up soon and I think this facet might be the missing piece.

With the Mountain Lakes as up for grabs as it is this year, I think Unicoi could wind up with a winning season and another play-off run ("run" depending on whether or not Mo West is the first round match up). I can't wait for the season to start!

Hampton threw the ball really well,in the spring scrimmage, I think they threw about 5 td passes, it will be a bigger part of the offence this season. It should be a fairly balanced attack.

I was really impressed with Unicoi last season, I expect a very tough game this season.

Without a doubt Erwin will be worth watching every friday night, I bet no one was expecting to hear that when pettite was coach. I Would really like to see them make it out of the first round this year but like you said it really depends on Mo West.

Hustle, You sound very ambitious. I'm not too familiar with the kids down there now. Could you give me a player/position re-cap? I'll be pulling for you guys........ except vs. the Cyclones. I'm in Big Blue Country (no, not Unicoi but Kentucky) now but I'll always have a Cyclone in me. Anyhows, fill me in on the Devils upcoming season. I think I've been banned from the Cyclone threads

A lot of their wins were real close scores and could have went the other way. I'm wondering where the offense will come from I think they graduated QB Scott and running game Bishop and the other back they won the 40 yard dash @ the Jamboree. Not sure if they can recover...... I know Soth and Tn, High the other two playoff spot will be a scrmble...

Good luck Blue Devils. I think they have ashot at a playoff spot, but they will have to pull some upsets. Must beat East and Elizabethton to have a chance. Good luck.

Lost alot of skill people I heard and the coach that came from South Carolina is gone too. Could be an interesting season. Heard Elizabethton got the man they wanted, you know they'll be better, Central got a new coach and they'll be improved, East had most of their players coming back. Johnson County will be strong again. Tennessee High and South should battle it out for the title. Don't know that much about North.