Should coacht expand to Alabama

TrojanSportsFan

Coacht in BAMA  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Coacht in BAMA

Well, here is how it will work. If you live in Tennessee, and type in coacht.com, you will go to the TN site. If you live in Alabama, and type in coacht.com, you will be taken to the Alabama site. If someone visits from another state they will go to the TN site by default.

We have purchased a database service which matches ip addresses to their geographic location and will know which state you log in from. There will, of course, be an alternative url in case a TN fan wants to go to the AL site or vice versa.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here is how it will work. If you live in Tennessee, and type in coacht.com, you will go to the TN site. If you live in Alabama, and type in coacht.com, you will be taken to the Alabama site. If someone visits from another state they will go to the TN site by default.

We have purchased a database service which matches ip addresses to their geographic location and will know which state you log in from. There will, of course, be an alternative url in case a TN fan wants to go to the AL site or vice versa.

....and if you live in Collinwood and type in coacht.com you go to this website.....

Collinwood Website

Not sure how all this Ip addresses stuff works but what if a person lives on the TN AL boarder will they have trouble getting there home state?

Not sure how all this Ip addresses stuff works but what if a person lives on the TN AL boarder will they have trouble getting there home state?

They will have to use the alternate url that we will provide. Might happen with AOL. I'm not sure if they separate theirs by state or not.

I think 95% or better of all ips will work automatically.

What will the address be CoachT?

There is no site in Alabama that covers high school sports in the way coacht does. When I showed some that I work with in AL about coacht they were in envy that we had coverage like that. Now I won't have anything on them as they will have the same coverage.

True,they have the AL.com forums that covers everything from Two-A-Days to Youth Football AL Forums

and a new site which prob won't get 'jumping' until the football season My Sports Place

If coacht does decide to add in alabama sports, I wouldn't have a big problem with that. I would like to see more TN vs AL high school football games though. I don't know how it would work but it would be cool if there was some kind of annual game between the two states. Different teams each year at a nuetral site, like MTSU one year and Alabama the next. Now that would be a big game and big crowd! Anyway, if Alabama sports are fused with coacht we're going to need the same topics to talk about sometimes or else Alabama might as well start their own "Coacha" (okay, you know that sounds funny, don't lie to yourself) cause there won't be much the two states could talk about.

That would be cool. Mitchell scheduled Daphne out of the Mobile area for a Sept. 7th matchup in Alabama. Should be an interesting game for the Tigers.Daphne has played in 5 or 6 6a state champ games since 2000.