TrojanSportsFan

Coacht in BAMA  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Coacht in BAMA

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True,they have the AL.com forums that covers everything from Two-A-Days to Youth Football AL Forums

and a new site which prob won't get 'jumping' until the football season My Sports Place

All these sites from AL are just forums (or messageboards). A lot of people don't know it but coacht is more than just a messageboard. There are people on this board who don't know anything about coacht. They think the forum is all there is to the site. If you go to the home page and look at the links on the left side there is a vast amount of info on this site.

Well, here is how it will work. If you live in Tennessee, and type in coacht.com, you will go to the TN site. If you live in Alabama, and type in coacht.com, you will be taken to the Alabama site. If someone visits from another state they will go to the TN site by default.

We have purchased a database service which matches ip addresses to their geographic location and will know which state you log in from. There will, of course, be an alternative url in case a TN fan wants to go to the AL site or vice versa.

Will plus members be able to access Alabama ? I think it's great!!

Will plus members be able to access Alabama ? I think it's great!!

We won't offer a Plus membership the first year but, of course, they could come here and talk about pro, college, and other topics with a Plus membership. We want to go slow like we did here. If you offer 96 message boards, like we have here, at the outset then it looks like a big ghost town. Also, fans are big on first impressions and we want fans to know that it will never HAVE to cost them anything to participate although the Plus memberships do help considerably and are a tremendous bargain.

We won't offer a Plus membership the first year but, of course, they could come here and talk about pro, college, and other topics with a Plus membership. We want to go slow like we did here. If you offer 96 message boards, like we have here, at the outset then it looks like a big ghost town. Also, fans are big on first impressions and we want fans to know that it will never HAVE to cost them anything to participate although the Plus memberships do help considerably and are a tremendous bargain.

Will we get to keep screennames, or get new ones for the Alabama site?

I think Plus members screennames should roll over and everything else is fair game.

They will have to use the alternate url that we will provide. Might happen with AOL. I'm not sure if they separate theirs by state or not.

I think 95% or better of all ips will work automatically.

Be sure to have all you inbound marketing links to the AL site point to the alternate url for SEO purposes.

Good luck!

Be sure to have all you inbound marketing links to the AL site point to the alternate url for SEO purposes. Good luck!

Thanks, we will.

Will we get to keep screennames, or get new ones for the Alabama site?I think Plus members screennames should roll over and everything else is fair game.

Not sure what we can do here, yet. You have to merge databases and we're not real pleased with the first software we tried. Site speed is a big issue when you do this.

All these sites from AL are just forums (or messageboards). A lot of people don't know it but coacht is more than just a messageboard. There are people on this board who don't know anything about coacht. They think the forum is all there is to the site. If you go to the home page and look at the links on the left side there is a vast amount of info on this site.

Yeah that what I was getting at. They only have a few mb sites.