Preseason Coaches Polls

Big Country

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first saw the 3a rankings i must admit i was pleasantly surprised though not taken aback i thought the GREEN tigers deserved some acknowledgement didnt think we would get it though Lex fans dont worry we will get our chance to dance matter of fact im gonna sit in the middle off the lexington bleachers hopefully between my good friends Montague and BigRed and cheer the green tigers on

a little off topic but Bolivar and Haywood have a scrimmage on 8/3 this to me anyways makes it a little more interesting

Where is that scrimmage at? That one would be a good one to go see. I'd have to support Coach Stowe on that one though.

I am pleasantly surprised to see that Covington is still picked in the top 10.

However, I wonder if the coaches who voted realize that we have changed head coaches this summer with some changes among the assistants, as well. I am the eternal optomist, and believe that Covington will compete well in region 7-3A, but this is not your grandfather's region any more.

The addition of Dyersburg, Haywood, and Crockett to the region a couple of years ago has toughened the schedule (and the in-region competition) considerably. Covington is also scheduled to play in the Bridges Classic in Memphis, then hosts Tupelo, MS before beginning region play.

No matter, our kids will have to buckle their chinstraps and get after it.

HERE WE GO CHARGERS, HERE WE GO !!

I beleive that one or more of the Region 7A teams will go a long way into the playoffs and possibly all the way to the clinic bowl.

McKenzie is always explosive and they have a new senior track star running back that has just tranferred to their school that gives them a real delay or draw threat that they have been lacking to go with Carr's good arm. The key is their line. I just don't know how sound it is going to be.

Union City is much improved I have heard.

Lake County always has a speedy team that can slip up on anyone. They were one play away from the clinic bowl last year after finishing 3rd or 4th in the region.

Bruceton has a senior football team with great size and exrience.

I can see a clash with one of these teams and an Fayette Acad or TCA late in the playoffs for this side of the bracket.

I favor Camden to win the new region, with Lewis County or Huntingdon in the second spot. Lewis County is huge in the line and the seem to have a lot of depth. I don't know how well they will be able to handle a speedy team like Camden or Huntingdon.

Camden has a senior team and is always well coached. The Berry kid is back at QB and they have a very good defense that has given Huntingdon and Lewis County trouble over the last few years keeping each contest a very low scoring affair.

I beleive that one or more of the Region 7A teams will go a long way into the playoffs and possibly all the way to the clinic bowl.

McKenzie is always explosive and they have a new senior track star running back that has just tranferred to their school that gives them a real delay or draw threat that they have been lacking to go with Carr's good arm. The key is their line. I just don't know how sound it is going to be.

Union City is much improved I have heard.

Lake County always has a speedy team that can slip up on anyone. They were one play away from the clinic bowl last year after finishing 3rd or 4th in the region.

Bruceton has a senior football team with great size and exrience.

I can see a clash with one of these teams and an Fayette Acad or TCA late in the playoffs for this side of the bracket.

I favor Camden to win the new region, with Lewis County or Huntingdon in the second spot. Lewis County is huge in the line and the seem to have a lot of depth. I don't know how well they will be able to handle a speedy team like Camden or Huntingdon.

Camden has a senior team and is always well coached. The Berry kid is back at QB and they have a very good defense that has given Huntingdon and Lewis County trouble over the last few years keeping each contest a very low scoring affair.

Lewis County in not in region with Camden anymore. they are in region 6 2A with Hickman Co, East Hickman, Fairview, Harpeth, Richland and Loretto