Bobcat stadium rising...again?

beegdawg

Agreed Charger fan. That was probably the coldest football game that I've ever sat through. The snow was blowing sideways at about 30 mph and hitting the fans right in the face. But that's one of the memories that makes HS football special.

Ah, yes. I remember the Snow Bowl. What a heartbreaker after a good playoff run, but what a motivator for the following year.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could somebody enlighten me on the exact additions they are making to the stadium? i havent seen it since fall 2005 as a visitor from sycamore. these new additions sound very, very impressive and being as how i no longer live in the area and cant see them i was just wondering.

could somebody enlighten me on the exact additions they are making to the stadium? i havent seen it since fall 2005 as a visitor from sycamore. these new additions sound very, very impressive and being as how i no longer live in the area and cant see them i was just wondering.

GB has moved the visitor's seating area over to the home side and built a nice, large home seating area where the visitor's was located. It's a project that's been planned for a few years but is just now coming around.

The Bobcat Stadium should soon seat over 3,200 fans. The new homeside will approximately double the current homeside capacity and at least the larger middle section have benchback seats. The middle section is double the height of the current homeside with two end wings that have a few less rows. There is a large one level press box that will go on top that has several windows also. The current two level pressbox on the current homeside will remain I assume. From what the paper regarding the stadium says there will also be 400 additonal visitors seats. The new seats will elimnate alot of the parking space that was on the visitor side where season ticket holders could pull right up to the fence because the new homeside is much longer also than the old visitors section was taking up space on both sides and as someone said before "almost" stretching the whole length of the field. Also, they have put down a stretch of "track" on the new homeside where the Cats team will stand. It's looking good....I can't wait! The Bobcat fans will fill up those stands!

Now if we could do something about parking! :/

I haven't played at Greenbrier since the playoffs in 2005! But the atmoshere their was great even though we go beat. I remember the fans and the field both of which were very nice, but have any changes been done to the visitors locker room? I remember it was the worst locker room I had ever had in my 4 years of high school football! Of coarse it may have intentionally been that way to provide an advantage to the Bobcats which if that's the case it worked.

I haven't played at Greenbrier since the playoffs in 2005! But the atmoshere their was great even though we go beat. I remember the fans and the field both of which were very nice, but have any changes been done to the visitors locker room? I remember it was the worst locker room I had ever had in my 4 years of high school football! Of coarse it may have intentionally been that way to provide an advantage to the Bobcats which if that's the case it worked.

The Home locker room really isn't much better. Especially not enough to provide an advantage.

Looking good...the bench seats are in, for the most part, and this morning I noticed the railing is partially up. Those workers have really been putting in the hours. I've seen em' out there as early as Sunday mornings and late at night. I'm looking forward to seeing that pressbox go up.

The new bleachers continue to progress toward completion. Go by most any week night and you'll probably find several former players helping with the construction. Good to see these guys continuing to help put butts in the seats...

Believe it or not the visitor lockerroom over in the building next to the field may be one of the better places for visiting teams to dress around here. Sometimes teams get stuck in places such as an old field to change into their uniforms. Greenbrier is always a great place to play a football game and the new additions at the stadium should make it an even more entertaining environment to say the least.

Cheatham Co. has a BYE IN WEEK 1 and that night I may go and watch Greenbrier open their home slate against David Lipscomb.