all-state candidates

Indian

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the mound..with a defense backing her like Soddy-Daisy, Baylor, East Ridge and others had, I'd take Sequatchie's just as soon as any others around here. If that's what you were trying to goad me into saying for some reason, there you go.

[Edited by Indian on 5/28/02 7:07A]

I've decided to post Smith County Lady Owl Maeghan Morris' stats...2002 she had 204 K's, 19 BB's, in 160.33 innings pitched. She was 15-9 with an era of 0.79. Six of her 9 losses were to AAA schools and a private school (Boyd Buchanan). The others were to Dekalb(twice) and Lipscomb where she didn't give up but one earned run to Lipscomb and one questionable one to Dekalb. She shutout Coffee Co., held Cumberland Co. to 1 earned run in 2 games. Of those AAA losses, her era against them was less than 1.00. Her career stats include, 64 wins, 667 K's, 130 BB's. She has 2 substate, and 1 state tournament appearance, 3 regional appearances, 2 district championships, 2 district player of year awards. And...as I mentioned before...she's one heck of a kid...

Gee Queenie..I didnt realise Morris has done so much. One thing she could improve on though...teach her how to SMILE. She has a problem with that. And she is a junior Indian.

Fan(who thinks Tennessee has lots of talented girls in all sports... is their any better in the U.S.A.?)

[Edited by fanman on 5/28/02 8:30P]

Fanman!!!...ya know...after I retire...I'm going to drive around Tennessee...and speed up all the children...ever notice those signs..."slow children at play"?...I'm going to add a comma...and speed those chilluns up!...Maeghan is NOT a junior Indian...she's a junior Owl!...ya dork!... and she has a beautiful smile...maybe she just chooses not to smile at you...hmmmmmmmmmmmm...I still think her parents should have named her Doris Morris though...

I do agree with you though about the female athletes in Tennessee...none finer to be found...