Gallatin down and out?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen brother! Just let the gallatin critics do what they love doing and just put them down because they lost a senior class. We will see what they have to say when the season is wrapped up and gallatin is the region champion for the third straight year. Until then believe what you like.

No one is "putting Gallatin down"...just want to know what's different this year than in the last three years. Gallatin is 1-3 in playoff games in the past three years. This year's seniors have been around during all that time, so what's different? Try answering the question rather than criticizing the questioner.

I expect Gallatin to be as tough as ever. won't go undefeated, but definitely a playoff team in this region.

The loss in the playoffs was a direct result of the starting QB was injured I think following the HHS game.

The QB must have been 80% of their average offense, without they were doomed. Looking forward seeing this years QB.

Should be exciting if coach turns him loose.

as a former member of the gallatin team i know what this year is gonna be. i praticed with the group of seniors this year. not any of yall were there to see how lazy they were when it came time to pratice. they just piddled around until pratice was over. you try to say last years seniors had no team unity then how do you expect 43 seniors to stay together since there freshman year. all those group of seniors did was encourage the underclassmen and teach them how to be better. lets see how good they will be this year when they don't have the talent that they have had since they came in to the varsity program. they are going to sturggle and everybody knows it. when you have a guy on there team having to make up 15 workouts because he can't make his 23 workouts for the summer you call team unity. when parents of seniors say their is not leadership that everybody does what they want to do you call that team unity. i love gallatin football and would never dreamed of playing any where else but i feel sorry for the coaches this year that they work hard for nothing. truth hurts hendersonville still stinks

Who will the starting QB be? To my knowledge, it's still up in the air. As far as turning the new QB loose... nothing new. Would be nice to develop some sort of passing game. Regardless, I will be there cheering them on!

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, are the season tickets on sale yet? Haven't seen anything in the paper, but maybe I missed it.

Who will the starting QB be? To my knowledge, it's still up in the air. As far as turning the new QB loose... nothing new. Would be nice to develop some sort of passing game. Regardless, I will be there cheering them on!

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, are the season tickets on sale yet? Haven't seen anything in the paper, but maybe I missed it.

the season tickets go on sale August 1st.

To answer the QB question. As of right now it is a toss up between senior boo butler #9 and soph. cody matthews #7. The question will more than likely be answered after this coming week as they go to camp at McCallie.

And for the recent gallatin player. Calm down man your time has passed.. let it go. It's better to encourage the new players than put them down like that. But i bet they make it past the first round..!

as a former member of the gallatin team i know what this year is gonna be. i praticed with the group of seniors this year. not any of yall were there to see how lazy they were when it came time to pratice. they just piddled around until pratice was over. you try to say last years seniors had no team unity then how do you expect 43 seniors to stay together since there freshman year. all those group of seniors did was encourage the underclassmen and teach them how to be better. lets see how good they will be this year when they don't have the talent that they have had since they came in to the varsity program. they are going to sturggle and everybody knows it. when you have a guy on there team having to make up 15 workouts because he can't make his 23 workouts for the summer you call team unity. when parents of seniors say their is not leadership that everybody does what they want to do you call that team unity. i love gallatin football and would never dreamed of playing any where else but i feel sorry for the coaches this year that they work hard for nothing. truth hurts hendersonville still stinks

Considering theres only six people who didnt make all theyre workouts andtwo or three of them didnt have another choice. Yes thats team unity. If there was team unity last year they wouldve went further then the first round of the playoffs. Talent is great but having a group of kids that work hard is far better. And from what I hear this years two-a-days were some of the best there has ever been. I guess we will just have to wait and see. But last year, no there was not any team unity. Theyre were constantly arguements between the senior class and whoever else. There might have been unity in the senior class but not in the TEAM. You call urself a gallatin fan? You say you are a former green wave? Well from what i see theres not much passion in you for the team. I think we all know the saying, once a green wave always a green wave. Show it sometime and support every group of kids that come through.

Considering theres only six people who didnt make all theyre workouts andtwo or three of them didnt have another choice. Yes thats team unity. If there was team unity last year they wouldve went further then the first round of the playoffs. Talent is great but having a group of kids that work hard is far better. And from what I hear this years two-a-days were some of the best there has ever been. I guess we will just have to wait and see. But last year, no there was not any team unity. Theyre were constantly arguements between the senior class and whoever else. There might have been unity in the senior class but not in the TEAM. You call urself a gallatin fan? You say you are a former green wave? Well from what i see theres not much passion in you for the team. I think we all know the saying, once a green wave always a green wave. Show it sometime and support every group of kids that come through.

Settle down people. All this arguin is not worth it. I am also a fellow Green Wave member from last year's team. And there are plenty of things that could be said about us that no one would no about unless they had experienced it themselves. First of all UNITY was never the problem with our team, After we came back from camp that was the period where we decided that it was time to get serious. We turned into a family and everybody knows that a family goes through ups and down so there was nothing we could do about the constant little fights that went on throughout the year. And if you wanted to know most of the fight were because of this years group of seniors fightin among their own class or starting things with the other classes. But to get back on track. Everybody wants to blame what they call UNITY is the reason we didn't go far in the playoffs, but its really not! All i can say is that its hard to play for a coach that does not believe in his team. Who's fault is it that when your going into the first round of the playoffs you have no plan of what to do. Its kinda of hard to have respect for somebody that does the same thing every year they coach. Lets go way back to the first year we played Ravenwood in the first round of the playoffs and coach L sends the regular kickoff return out on the field in the 4th quarter with 2 mins to go in the game and Ravenwood is down by six lets see who had the advantage in that situation. Now lets go back to the year that we lost to Brentwood, Lets see at 4th 7 in the 4th quarter as the coach calls a timeout you look for him to be able to think of something that will help things out. But not this coach. As we go the sideline he looks around at the crowd and scratches his head and tells us he doesn't know what play to run, So he lets us run the ball up the middle. thats kinda frustrating and a let down in someone that you believed in and trust. And then for it to happen again this past year against Ravenwood where we run the ball the whole game against 7 down defensive lineman and 3 linebacks who do you blame it on. Yeah I am a fan of the Green Wave for sure and will always cause thats where i've came from but to better the program someone needs to be looking for a Head Coaching Job! They tell every new entering class this "Leave the program better then what it was when you found it" And i feel that we did that so I'm satisfied with leaving the team 10-1 now its this years team to go do better Good Luck. I'll hear about you while i'm down at Chatt. hopefully i'll get to come to some games!!!!!!!!!

If you really were a player for GHS last year then you are a classic example of what others are talking about when they say there was no team unity last year. That lack of team unity was created by several different factors. The media was a large part of the problem, some of the seniors caused it and the community at large helped cause it. The coaches apparently didn't realize the monster that was getting larger as the season went on. I have talked with many of this years seniors as well as this years juniors and they told me that they felt like they were on the team but not part of a team.. The coaches, from what I understand, have realized the mistakes that were made with the "43 seniors" and are changing quite a few things this season. I think this years team will be just fine but they, as well as past GHS teams, need the full support of the players that went before them, the students, fans, parents and the community.