Cloudland?

BYE-BYE

Don't forget Oneida,I know it was something like 29-2 at J.C's place last year but they were very young. Still hampton is the one to beat from regions 1&2 barring serious injuries or other unforseen circumstances.

Hampton plays at Oneida week 2.Should be a good measuring stick for both schools.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oneida still has no offense. That's gonna kill Oneida's chances of a deep playoff run. More likely than not, they're gonna be neck and neck with Greenback for that last playoff spot. They're like Vanderbilt years ago. A pretty good defense but it's not gonna overcome an anemic offense. Hampton's just too strong for Oneida and I'd say the score of that game will probably be 34-6 in favor of Hampton. Would it be nice to see a Region 2 team beat Hampton? Yeah, but I gotta be realistic and give Hampton their due that I'm sorry I didn't give them last year. They're too smashmouth and too physical for Oneida or anyone in Region 2 to beat.

Oneida still has no offense. That's gonna kill Oneida's chances of a deep playoff run. More likely than not, they're gonna be neck and neck with Greenback for that last playoff spot. They're like Vanderbilt years ago. A pretty good defense but it's not gonna overcome an anemic offense. Hampton's just too strong for Oneida and I'd say the score of that game will probably be 34-6 in favor of Hampton. Would it be nice to see a Region 2 team beat Hampton? Yeah, but I gotta be realistic and give Hampton their due that I'm sorry I didn't give them last year. They're too smashmouth and too physical for Oneida or anyone in Region 2 to beat.

I think this years Hampton team will be better than they were a year ago. Solid players all over the field.

I know hampton is a good ball team but you guys are making them out to be Goliath. I wonder who David is going to be?

Look at their schedule. They are all Davids or creampuffs, whichever word you prefer. LOL!

If thats the case then Hampton sure is going to lose alot of games

I thought this was a Cloudland thread? Go Rangers!

Speaking as a Lander fan I can say (go Rangers), I can say (go Bulldogs) and go (eagles) UNTIL they are lined up across from us. Now to some this may be unnatural:even sacriligious but hear me out. the better your conferance is, the better you become. you only get better by playing better competition. if you play creampuffs all regular season and just destroy them by halftime every year when the playoffs roll around and you are in a battle not only are you out of game shape you may/may not be more prone to feel the pressure since you just rolled over the regular season competition and haven't had a GOOD test. i am thrilled the rangers,eagles are upping their programs. in a way you are helping us all as well as your program

i agree, but i also feel like hampton has scheduled pretty tough opponents in johnson co 4a unicoi co. 4a happy valley 2a chuckey doak 2a and a solid 1a school in onieda. cloudland cosby and unaka will all be improved this year as well as hampton so i am pretty sure that hamptons competition is far from soft, but whoever says that obviously has no idea what they are talking about because hampton has made state semifinals appearances the past two years. must be doing something right.

i agree, but i also feel like hampton has scheduled pretty tough opponents in johnson co 4a unicoi co. 4a happy valley 2a chuckey doak 2a and a solid 1a school in onieda. cloudland cosby and unaka will all be improved this year as well as hampton so i am pretty sure that hamptons competition is far from soft, but whoever says that obviously has no idea what they are talking about because hampton has made state semifinals appearances the past two years. must be doing something right.

Well yea,but i'm saying i would love to see the days when 1a's didn't have to sched. 4a's. During the Byrd years we had to sched. East and Cherrokee and TRIED to get another CLOSE 4a but that is another subj.