McNine's Fearless predictions for Nashville area 5A regions

McNine4MVP

Region 4:

Riverdale

Smyrna

La Vergne

Wilson Central

This is just a hunch here, but I think that this Region is the toughest to call. Blackman, Siegel, and Oakland could all make a claim to this spot, but something tells me that the Wes Elrod re-acquisition will push Dub-C back in the hunt. If they would have had any offense at all last year, they would have made the playoffs. Only Riverdale played Smyrna's offense any better, including Ravenwood and Ooltewah.

You might be right about my "boys" them "Cats" from Dub-C. I know Mr. Fair has selected them as dead last in Region 4-5A, but I just do not see it. We looked too good in the spring to be a last place team. You're going out on a shaky limb and I think I will crawl out there with you. WC will be in the mix!

samIam

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant Woodward being the best coach in Region 5. In the Midstate, I would rank Rector, Crawford, Aydelott, and Shadowens (who I have been hard on in the past.......but he got his ring) above him right now. But, Woodward is climbing the ladder.

What makes Woodward the best coach in region 5? How many seasons has he been a head coach? No disrespect to his coaching ability, but you might give him a few more years before you make a judgment about his coaching . Coach Anderson at Overton, and Coach Hatfield at Hendersonville have pretty good coaching resumes, plus many years of proven success. Let him prove himself over the long haul . We know good players help make good coaches and I think Coach Woodward does have a good chance to be an outstanding football coach, but give him time to make his own rep.

Hey McNine, the man of shadows and no name,

Don't you need to change your log in name to VY4MVP??

Seriously,

I like some of your picks. I peer in here from time to time when things get slow at the office, which isn't very often anymore. I can't keep up with the teams like I would like to, but I, like you, root for all of those 37013 boys to do well. I have a lot of connections in and around a lot of these programs just like you do. Its amazing how many of these schools have ties back to Antioch. I grew up right down the street from Coach Aydelott's niece. I spent pretty much every day for three years of my teenage life with Scott Smith and I think he's going to tear things apart in East Tennessee. Brian Howard at Wilson Central and I graduated together and he is one of my best friends. Chris Robinson over at Antioch is pretty much like family to me. I was a freshman when Eric Felts was a Senior at AHS. Terry Anderson took an interest in me when I was 13 years old and I'll never forget that. The person that I have been told is Workinprogress used to run around the back gym at the old Antioch with me when we were middle schoolers. Runtheball was my HC in high school and just a good guy to talk to life about (I can remember skipping 4th Period without their knowledge back in the day at the old AHS and getting tips from Coach Brown and Coach Wood on Mutual Funds.......that is what productive skipping is all about...that Fidelity Fund was doing good until last week). To be honest, I kind of lost some of my love for that administration at Antioch the day Coach Brown left. That guy deserved better from the powers-that-be there. So, yeah, I root for all of those guys and try to make a few of their games every year.

I got a chance one day last year to go see Felts and SS over at Indy at a practice, and I was really impressed with how Eubanks coached. I think he's a good one. Dad and I got an opportunity to see Indy play once last year against Franklin and we were very impressed (and Pops is hard to impress..trust me). I also really like what Antioch's new coach is doing. He really has gotten those guys to buy into what he's selling and they have a lot of potential from what I hear. They gave Ravenwood all they wanted the night I got over to AHS.

McNine,

Give me a call or shoot me an e-mail sometime. I've had the same cell number since the MT days, hit me up, I'm not hard to find by any stretch of the imagination. I'm certainly going to get out and watch some high school pigskin this fall. We're going to go out to Wilson Central and see BH's kids and since I'm in Smyrna and know quite a few of their kids from the pickup basketball and neighborhood yard service circuits, I always catch them a few times. I'm also going to try and get up to Antioch and see a game too. So, go ahead and reveal who you are and hit me up sometime!

CKS

You might be right about my "boys" them "Cats" from Dub-C. I know Mr. Fair has selected them as dead last in Region 4-5A, but I just do not see it. We looked too good in the spring to be a last place team. You're going out on a shaky limb and I think I will crawl out there with you. WC will be in the mix!

samIam

I for one do NOT see WC being in the cellar either. The kids had their last year to learn the new system, now they just have to execute it.

Region 4:

Riverdale

Smyrna

La Vergne

Wilson Central

This is just a hunch here, but I think that this Region is the toughest to call. Blackman, Siegel, and Oakland could all make a claim to this spot, but something tells me that the Wes Elrod re-acquisition will push Dub-C back in the hunt. If they would have had any offense at all last year, they would have made the playoffs. Only Riverdale played Smyrna's offense any better, including Ravenwood and Ooltewah. I think La Vergne will continue their quest to be relevant contenders in this region. Chris Gray is a big time player when he wants to be and I think he knows that he needs a great year to get the collegiate offers he wants. I think Mike Crocker can get it done. A-Rod was a great player, but he bailed out of the pocket at times where Gray and company were breaking open. Crocker will play more within the system which could mean big numbers for Gray. But Wolverines, could you get a decent practice facility or stadium plumbing...............I swear you all are the redheaded stepchildren of Rutherford County. I'm taking Riverdale over Smyrna just because I think everybody is glossing over the loss of Josh Crouch for Smyrna. As good as Sonny, Rod, and J-Day are, Crouch was always the guy making the big play. The strip against Ooltewah, the TD against Riverdale, that team never gets there without him. I just think Riverdale is going to be out for blood.

Region 5:

Antioch

Hunters Lane

Gallatin

Overton

I think we started to see the rebirth of Metro Nashville 5A football in last year's playoffs and that this trend will continue this year. Antioch has the best coach, the best talent pool, and the best player in the region. That, along with a murderers row out of region schedule will have them tested by Region time. Terrance Davis is the best skill position talent in the 013 since Coker and PB. Hunters Lane is for real, but they seem to struggle playing Antioch early. I think Gallatin toughs out a third place finish. They could very well win this region (you can never count them out), but they have fallen short with greater talent and on paper, this may be their most questionable team since Robert has been there. I'm going with Overton fourth, because their RB and Defense will be stout, as most Terry Anderson teams are. Doesn't matter if he has Mose Phillips, Demetrius Reeves, Jacques Wordlaw, Tony Arnold, Terry Salter, Eric Covington, Daniel White, or whoever running the ball, his teams are going to be able to do it well.

Region 6:

Independence

Brentwood

Ravenwood

Franklin

I really think, all things considered, Independence is the best team in this Region. No slight at all to Scott Smith, but I think that this team will be inspired to win in his absence. Jason Eubanks is an outstanding young ball coach and he is going to play to his team's strengths. Scott Pettigrew, if he can stay healthy, could be the MVP of this region. You still have to respect what Issac and those guys outside can do, but I think they are going to spread it and run the rock. If Cordell can keep his head and not make crucial mistakes, they will win this region. I think Ron Crawford is the man, and I believe that Brentwood will surprise this season. They have a lot of holes to fill, but Coach just puts them in position to win games. Ditto for Ravenwood. My days of doubting Brian Rector's Raptors are over, but I just think Mike Becker will have to carry this team as far as they will go. He's capable, but he's had injury issues and if he goes down for any length of time, they are flat out done. They lost those great Tackles they had and a lot of glue guys that carried over the leadership from the 2005 Championship team. I just don't have a lot of faith in Franklin right now. That QB carousel last season was just detrimental to everything they were doing. When you have a D-I receiver and you can't get the ball in his hands.........................what are you going to do without him. They lost some really good players in Casey Dykes, Josh Frohock, Todd Campbell, and that rangy FS they had. Their coach rode into town on a high horse, but they are nowhere near as good as I thought they would be.

Anyways, those are my predictions and I would like for this to generate discussion, whether you agree or disagree.

I mean I guess you can say that about Smyrna not getting anywhere without Crouch but if you look at it that way then where does Riverdale get without Thomas or Hunter or Gorree??????

Guest workinprogress

Hey McNine, the man of shadows and no name,

Don't you need to change your log in name to VY4MVP??

Seriously,

I like some of your picks. I peer in here from time to time when things get slow at the office, which isn't very often anymore. I can't keep up with the teams like I would like to, but I, like you, root for all of those 37013 boys to do well. I have a lot of connections in and around a lot of these programs just like you do. Its amazing how many of these schools have ties back to Antioch. I grew up right down the street from Coach Aydelott's niece. I spent pretty much every day for three years of my teenage life with Scott Smith and I think he's going to tear things apart in East Tennessee. Brian Howard at Wilson Central and I graduated together and he is one of my best friends. Chris Robinson over at Antioch is pretty much like family to me. I was a freshman when Eric Felts was a Senior at AHS. Terry Anderson took an interest in me when I was 13 years old and I'll never forget that. The person that I have been told is Workinprogress used to run around the back gym at the old Antioch with me when we were middle schoolers. Runtheball was my HC in high school and just a good guy to talk to life about (I can remember skipping 4th Period without their knowledge back in the day at the old AHS and getting tips from Coach Brown and Coach Wood on Mutual Funds.......that is what productive skipping is all about...that Fidelity Fund was doing good until last week). To be honest, I kind of lost some of my love for that administration at Antioch the day Coach Brown left. That guy deserved better from the powers-that-be there. So, yeah, I root for all of those guys and try to make a few of their games every year.

I got a chance one day last year to go see Felts and SS over at Indy at a practice, and I was really impressed with how Eubanks coached. I think he's a good one. Dad and I got an opportunity to see Indy play once last year against Franklin and we were very impressed (and Pops is hard to impress..trust me). I also really like what Antioch's new coach is doing. He really has gotten those guys to buy into what he's selling and they have a lot of potential from what I hear. They gave Ravenwood all they wanted the night I got over to AHS.

McNine,

Give me a call or shoot me an e-mail sometime. I've had the same cell number since the MT days, hit me up, I'm not hard to find by any stretch of the imagination. I'm certainly going to get out and watch some high school pigskin this fall. We're going to go out to Wilson Central and see BH's kids and since I'm in Smyrna and know quite a few of their kids from the pickup basketball and neighborhood yard service circuits, I always catch them a few times. I'm also going to try and get up to Antioch and see a game too. So, go ahead and reveal who you are and hit me up sometime!

CKS

Its a small world. I see Chris almost everyday. Saw E. Felts at Vandy a few weeks back. Runtheball calls every now and then and I think he's pretty excited about his new gig. I talk to Anderson every now and then too. So we used to run around the gym together, that would definately narrow it down.

Anyone know the scrimmages for Smyrna and Riverdale?

Its a small world. I see Chris almost everyday. Saw E. Felts at Vandy a few weeks back. Runtheball calls every now and then and I think he's pretty excited about his new gig. I talk to Anderson every now and then too. So we used to run around the gym together, that would definately narrow it down.

Anyone know the scrimmages for Smyrna and Riverdale?

Where is runtheball? is he coaching again?