MY Picks

1.) Pearl Cohn

2.) White House

3.) Station Camp

4.) Sycamore

5.) Greenbrier

6.) DeKalb Co.

7.) Macon Co.

so who all does sycamore have coming back because i know they lost alot of seniors and i didnt see them as the 4th spot...so i was just wondering why you put them there

so who all does sycamore have coming back because i know they lost alot of seniors and i didnt see them as the 4th spot...so i was just wondering why you put them there

They pretty much return their entire nucleus in the trenches on offense and defense. This was an offensive line that led the way for two 1,000 yard backs last year. Defensively they are physical up front and make backs earn every yard that they get. Ask Station Camp's Randall Toney about this. Jake Simms was a starter at QB last year just not at Sycamore. He will suprise some folks out there. Cory Carrigan is a player with tremendous playmaking ability. Finally word on the street has it that the receiving core just got a whole lot better recently.

All of these reasons PLUS the reason that I am biased towards my alma mater make the War Eagles a playoff team in my eyes.

Sycamore loses nine starters on the offensive side of the ball (listed below), the backfield combination of Lohin and Carrigan may have been the best combination in the region.

Lohin QB

Carrigan TB

Vanderford TE

Ray TE

Littlejohn C

Hobgood OG

Robison OT

Clanton WR

Holden WR

On the defensive side, they lose all of the above (of which several played defensive), and they also lose one of the leading tacklers in the region last season in Cannon (who was the heart and soul of the defense). Cannon and sometimes Vanderford were double teamed last season, that allowed others to make big defensive plays.

For Sycamore to make the playoffs this year, they will need some of the younger players to come on strong, both in the play making and leadership roles.

They pretty much return their entire nucleus in the trenches on offense and defense. This was an offensive line that led the way for two 1,000 yard backs last year. Defensively they are physical up front and make backs earn every yard that they get. Ask Station Camp's Randall Toney about this. Jake Simms was a starter at QB last year just not at Sycamore. He will suprise some folks out there. Cory Carrigan is a player with tremendous playmaking ability. Finally word on the street has it that the receiving core just got a whole lot better recently.

All of these reasons PLUS the reason that I am biased towards my alma mater make the War Eagles a playoff team in my eyes.

ok thats understandable i was just seeing it how weaglefan put it the lose 9 starters on offence and the heart and sould of thier d

ok thats understandable i was just seeing it how weaglefan put it the lose 9 starters on offence and the heart and sould of thier d

Sycamore returns:

Alan Brown

Nick Hymer

David Lane

Brad Tucker

Chris Johnson

Logan Judkins

E.J. Simms

Travis Stansburry

All of those guys are linemen from last year's team that saw plenty of action on Friday nights.

Vanderford, Littlejohn, Ray, Hobgood, & Robison were the other guys that played in the trenches for the War Eagles last year and they are graduated.

Let's see here:

Sycamore has the following things going on elsewhere I am sure if I were guessing heading into fall practice.

Kicking Game: Trevor Francis returns as the team's kicker and punter. He may be the best in the region along with Reed from SC.

Quarterback: Austin Lohin (OUT) & Jake Simms (IN)

Running Back: Matt Carrigan-Chase Binkley (OUT) & Landon Morris-Corey Carrigan (IN)

Ryan Pope is back and will see action in the War Eagles offensive backfield.

Tight End: Willie Vanderford-Keely Ray (OUT) & B.J. Smith-Travis Dempsey (IN)

Linebackers: Derek Cannon (OUT) & Alan Brown (IN): he will move there from DE

Other linebackers returning from last year's team include Ryan Pope, Brice Ivey, & Nick Hymer. Other may be returning but they just aren't coming to mind right away.

Receivers: Clanton-Morris-Holden (OUT) & I CAN'T SAY WHO'S GOING TO BE IN!!!!!

Secondary: Winters-Lohin-Clanton-Holden (OUT) & I CAN'T SAY WITH 100% CERTAINTY WHO'S GOING TO BE IN!!!!

ALL IN ALL THOUGH IT DOESN'T HAVE THE LOOKS OF BEING A FOOTBALL TEAM THAT WILL MISS OUT ON THE PLAYOFFS.

Sycamore returns:

Alan Brown

Nick Hymer

David Lane

Brad Tucker

Chris Johnson

Logan Judkins

E.J. Simms

Travis Stansburry

All of those guys are linemen from last year's team that saw plenty of action on Friday nights.

Vanderford, Littlejohn, Ray, Hobgood, & Robison were the other guys that played in the trenches for the War Eagles last year and they are graduated.

Let's see here:

Sycamore has the following things going on elsewhere I am sure if I were guessing heading into fall practice.

Kicking Game: Trevor Francis returns as the team's kicker and punter. He may be the best in the region along with Reed from SC.

Quarterback: Austin Lohin (OUT) & Jake Simms (IN)

Running Back: Matt Carrigan-Chase Binkley (OUT) & Landon Morris-Corey Carrigan (IN)

Ryan Pope is back and will see action in the War Eagles offensive backfield.

Tight End: Willie Vanderford-Keely Ray (OUT) & B.J. Smith-Travis Dempsey (IN)

Linebackers: Derek Cannon (OUT) & Alan Brown (IN): he will move there from DE

Other linebackers returning from last year's team include Ryan Pope, Brice Ivey, & Nick Hymer. Other may be returning but they just aren't coming to mind right away.

Receivers: Clanton-Morris-Holden (OUT) & I CAN'T SAY WHO'S GOING TO BE IN!!!!!

Secondary: Winters-Lohin-Clanton-Holden (OUT) & I CAN'T SAY WITH 100% CERTAINTY WHO'S GOING TO BE IN!!!!

ALL IN ALL THOUGH IT DOESN'T HAVE THE LOOKS OF BEING A FOOTBALL TEAM THAT WILL MISS OUT ON THE PLAYOFFS.

Ummmm.....yes it does! Losing Lohin is a ton and is extremely hard to overcome losing a player like him. Simms isnt in the same league. What does he run his 40? About 5.5 ??? Eagleville is much different than Sycamore as is the level of competition. Lohin carried Sycamore. Losing Vanderford is tough too as is Cannon. Littlejohn was a 3 year starter...also hard to replace. I'd agree that Corey Carrigan is a plus though. He is better than his older brother.

Sycamore will be watching from afar come playoffs.