ON THE BALL MAGAZINE

Big Country

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a copy, and there are more teams missing than covered in the book. Looks like most coaches are growing tired of media outlets watering down the "Market" with high school publications like this one. I think I'll start one next year and charge $100 a copy. Heck I'd only have to sell a couple hundred to really cash in.

I saw a copy, and there are more teams missing than covered in the book. Looks like most coaches are growing tired of media outlets watering down the "Market" with high school publications like this one. I think I'll start one next year and charge $100 a copy. Heck I'd only have to sell a couple hundred to really cash in.

On the Ball's Middle Tennessee preview is not out yet. We will have all 79 teams we cover in the magazine this year, the second year in a row we have had every team we cover in the magazine. We are doing our 15 region previews on our Web site - www.ontheballmag.com - and the entire preview itself will be out Aug. 23.

That's pretty impressive, since it's not out yet.

On the Ball's Middle Tennessee preview is not out yet. We will have all 79 teams we cover in the magazine this year, the second year in a row we have had every team we cover in the magazine. We are doing our 15 region previews on our Web site - www.ontheballmag.com - and the entire preview itself will be out Aug. 23.

Thanks Corby. I sent in a preview back in the spring and on the sheet where it says to write up a story about ONE PLAYER IN PARTICULAR the picture of that player that I wrote about was not included. Do I need to send you a picture of that player??????

The team is the Cheatham County Cubs.

Thanks Corby for all that you do for high school football here in the midstate area.

Thanks Corby. I sent in a preview back in the spring and on the sheet where it says to write up a story about ONE PLAYER IN PARTICULAR the picture of that player that I wrote about was not included. Do I need to send you a picture of that player??????

The team is the Cheatham County Cubs.

Thanks Corby for all that you do for high school football here in the midstate area.

Big Country,

I don't think I ever got that. E-mail me at corbyy@ontheballmag.com and we can talk about it more. Thanks.

In that case, 10 of the 70-something teams in their coverage area were not in the magazine. You can't make coaches be in the issue if they don't take the time to respond to phone calls. That's hardly "more teams missing than covered," as you erroneously claimed.

If you want to put one together, go for it. But you'll quickly find it's not as easy as it looks.

If this is a Middle Tennessee based edition, then why are the majority of region 6-1A teams not included? Collinwood and Wayne County are about as middle Tn as it gets.

Gee, I thought Collinwood was in Alabama and Wayne County was West TN/North MS....

I'm anxious to see the new edition of OTB. Just hate it'll be out the day before Week 0 in Middle Tennessee.

Is Doug Dyer still burning up the keys over there?