D2 Mr Football

timbdp

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The back could possibly be a freshman. I know that is unheard but just get a paper the saturday after week 0 and read it closely and ratio a 12 game schedule out. not likely due to who the voting cast is, but very possible if they do not show upper classmen favorites.

No way. It'll be Massey, Bartholomew or the CBHS running back. No freshman will win it.

The back could possibly be a freshman. I know that is unheard but just get a paper the saturday after week 0 and read it closely and ratio a 12 game schedule out. not likely due to who the voting cast is, but very possible if they do not show upper classmen favorites.

what's his name and who does he play for?

OMG, if the kid you are talking about is who I think he is and you are who I think you are, this statement is not only bold and arrogant, but it is stupid. You must be talking about the williams kid at Davidson Academy and I think you are his dad (judging from some of your previous posts). How arrogant you must be to make such a statement about your own kid. It is ok for you to think your kid is the best thing since sliced bread, but to come on here and make such a crass statement is ridiculious. I hope KARMA does'nt come back and bite you. Justin Williams is a good athlete with many skills. He is fast, quick, tough and he has good hands. He has been one of the best players in the leagues he has competed in, but those leagues were'nt exactly the best ones in middle Tn. His Jr. pro team, Old Hickory, did'nt play in the top class in middle TN. They did play a few of those teams but not every week. He played against some cupcakes most of the time. His middle school team, St. Joseph, was'nt a powerhouse, nor were the teams they played. That was little league, now he is in High School, big difference. He is following in his brothers footsteps at DA, again, a team that plays in a weak Division (DII A). DCA is one of the only "GOOD TEAMS" that DA has played the last 2 years and we know how those games turned out. Yes, he will probably start for DA and he will have a good season but look at the competition. If he is soooo good, why did'nt you send him to a DII AA team like MBA or BA? Is'nt St. Joes a catholic school? Are you catholic? Then, why not PJP2? Could it be a playing time issue? MBA has Bartholemew(sp), BA has Jordan and PJP2 has Tate. As the past has shown, a Williams always looses out to a Tate. I don't want to bash your kid, he has skills and he did not post this about his self but it rubbed me the wrong way. Again, how arrogant are you? You could not bear the thought of your son sitting behind the better players I have mentioned, so you put him in a rinky dink Division. Seems to be your M.O, let my son play against sub par teams so he can shine. Yes, DA has won 2 in a row but they have not played anybody. What did that get your other son, 2 Mr.Football nominations and a scholarship to......where?

P.S DA better look out for ST. George and Memphis Harding and judging from the way DCA passed against them in 7 on 7, they better watch out for a lot of other teams including DCA.

His older brother did lose to a Tate two years in a row....

OMG, if the kid you are talking about is who I think he is and you are who I think you are, this statement is not only bold and arrogant, but it is stupid. You must be talking about the williams kid at Davidson Academy and I think you are his dad (judging from some of your previous posts). How arrogant you must be to make such a statement about your own kid. It is ok for you to think your kid is the best thing since sliced bread, but to come on here and make such a crass statement is ridiculious. I hope KARMA does'nt come back and bite you. Justin Williams is a good athlete with many skills. He is fast, quick, tough and he has good hands. He has been one of the best players in the leagues he has competed in, but those leagues were'nt exactly the best ones in middle Tn. His Jr. pro team, Old Hickory, did'nt play in the top class in middle TN. They did play a few of those teams but not every week. He played against some cupcakes most of the time. His middle school team, St. Joseph, was'nt a powerhouse, nor were the teams they played. That was little league, now he is in High School, big difference. He is following in his brothers footsteps at DA, again, a team that plays in a weak Division (DII A). DCA is one of the only "GOOD TEAMS" that DA has played the last 2 years and we know how those games turned out. Yes, he will probably start for DA and he will have a good season but look at the competition. If he is soooo good, why did'nt you send him to a DII AA team like MBA or BA? Is'nt St. Joes a catholic school? Are you catholic? Then, why not PJP2? Could it be a playing time issue? MBA has Bartholemew(sp), BA has Jordan and PJP2 has Tate. As the past has shown, a Williams always looses out to a Tate. I don't want to bash your kid, he has skills and he did not post this about his self but it rubbed me the wrong way. Again, how arrogant are you? You could not bear the thought of your son sitting behind the better players I have mentioned, so you put him in a rinky dink Division. Seems to be your M.O, let my son play against sub par teams so he can shine. Yes, DA has won 2 in a row but they have not played anybody. What did that get your other son, 2 Mr.Football nominations and a scholarship to......where?

P.S DA better look out for ST. George and Memphis Harding and judging from the way DCA passed against them in 7 on 7, they better watch out for a lot of other teams including DCA.

whow, did not mean to rub you wrong. let me see if i can share with yoU what I know. First, Justin Williams is who I am talking about. And no, i am not his father but i know his family well. They are good people and have dedicated many years of their lifes helping underprivelaged kids play football and cheerlead. I first saw Justin when he was 10 years old at Old Hickory. My daughter is the same age and cheerleaded at that time for Justin. He was a stand out even at that age. It is few and far between when you have a family like that come through. I remember the Gaines brothers as an example. very unique and talented family. Josh and Justin are somewhat the same. They have a younger brother, very quick and shifty, but seems to be in the shadows at this time. I do not know why, maybe he will flower soon. I know that Josh struggled in school and from what i was told by mr. williams, he did enough to play and pass, but FOOTBALL yes, school work no. He did get offers but as of a week or so ago, mr williams told me that Josh was finished and him and rose where happy for him being happy.

i do know that justin's mother was set on JPII. i heard her say it out loud several times. No bones about it. Father stayed more nuetral and asked justin to review all avenues and he did. I know he visited MBA because mr williams was excited about their interest they had in him. JPII was visited also. Do not know much more than what i am told. mr williams told me he chose DA because of friends. I do not know anything else. As to Old hickory football, a director from there told me that UNA did not even want to play him when he was AAA and 12 years old. Dont blame them.

as to st joseph i did go and watch justin and st joseph play in the championship game againt st henry. Out manned and understaffed. St henry was huge and looked like a hs team on the sidelines. bet there were 75 kids over there, and st joseph lost 14 to 7 or something like that. they keyed on him the whole game. numbers usually win. St henry is a feeder school for father ryan by the way. no great athletes to speak of, just big and strong and alot of numbers. father ryan should be very happy over the next few years. did not get to see any other games that season. i heard he did great obviously and st joseph was proud of course.

as far as anything else, do not know about scrimmages or passing practices. i imagine that da is rebuilding alot and he will be apart of that rebuild. I am always excited to watch him play. i will not go to memphis or anything like that, however, i will try and make his home games. always have enjoyed watching him play.

good luck with your dca team. hope your rebuild continues successfully.

Massey & B. Jones will be back/lineman respectively.

I hope Massey will live up to the hype! And I mean no disrespect towards him but where is his numbers? All his numbers last year came behind Cooper leading them down the field and Massey taking it in from 2-5 yards out. If, you know something I do not would you please share it with us.