4A state title game

timbdp

Maryville is the holy grail of football and no one else comes close. The Maryville players know this and they laugh at all other schools who carry their cleats and bags for them to the locker room. Douglas is better than most players in college now and will destroy all high school players who dare stand in his path. Burnette will light up the sky with TD pass after TD pass and no defense will dare lay a finger on his golden locks for he and Maryville are the Hercules of football in the State of Tennessee and all others beg at their feet for a sup of water.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville is the holy grail of football and no one else comes close. The Maryville players know this and they laugh at all other schools who carry their cleats and bags for them to the locker room. Douglas is better than most players in college now and will destroy all high school players who dare stand in his path. Burnette will light up the sky with TD pass after TD pass and no defense will dare lay a finger on his golden locks for he and Maryville are the Hercules of football in the State of Tennessee and all others beg at their feet for a sup of water.

You apparently don't know GQ very well.

This post makes me laugh. First Douglas is a good high school player but there is a major difference between high school and college football especially Division I. Yes Douglas will play in D-I, but he is not better than most players in D-I. Second Burnette will have lot of TD passes and yards but if the line dosn't get better than what I saw at the Oak Ridge scrimmage then he will be getting hit behind the line more then just a few times.

This post makes me laugh. First Douglas is a good high school player but there is a major difference between high school and college football especially Division I. Yes Douglas will play in D-I, but he is not better than most players in D-I. Second Burnette will have lot of TD passes and yards but if the line dosn't get better than what I saw at the Oak Ridge scrimmage then he will be getting hit behind the line more then just a few times.

Ever occur to you the person that wrote that was kidding and is NOT a Maryville supporter, and was just trying to get a rise out of someone? Looks like he did huh? As far as the line protection you keep crowing about you saw a scrimmage we had after four days of practice in pads. I am going to go out on a limb here and say our coaches just might get some of those kinks worked out. I do agree though, Douglas could be termed a "good" high school player.