4A state title game

timbdp

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REDSOX.

I don't disagree w/that @ all. I just believe that with the talent returning, and a experienced team that is really starting to believe in the new program, that Hillsboro has a legitimate shot to knock Maryville off this year. I know STARS & REBRON and the rest of the crew disagree with that based on the outstanding talent coming back for the Rebs this year, and I understand that. Hillsboro had a great Spring/Summer working on the offense and passing game. They have a great back, and their defense will start making just as many headlines this fall as thier offense did this Summer. If they do put it all together, GQ and company might just need a onside kick to beat them as they did a few yrs. back. This is a very good Hillsboro team.

ruse?

Sounds like you live here in Nashville and are really tuned in to Hillsboro. I am a Maryville graduate. Class of 19__. Anyway I live here in Nashville and I believe if it were not for my Rebels, Hillsboro would have won about two or three championships by now. So until they beat Maryville on the field Maryville is still #1. End of story but I think that new coach Hillsboro has is doin an outstanding job. I seen him interviewed a few times and he is very intense kind of like a Bill Cowher. He has risen there game to a new level. Look I know that someday Maryville will lose but I do not believe it will be this year. Some of you can not wait for that to happen and it will but I think you are gonna have to wait a little longer. These things are cyclical. The differance for Maryville they will recover more quickly when it does happen. (as long as GQ is there) Glad to see you are passionate about the Burros!

Sounds like you live here in Nashville and are really tuned in to Hillsboro. I am a Maryville graduate. Class of 19__. Anyway I live here in Nashville and I believe if it were not for my Rebels, Hillsboro would have won about two or three championships by now. So until they beat Maryville on the field Maryville is still #1. End of story but I think that new coach Hillsboro has is doin an outstanding job. I seen him interviewed a few times and he is very intense kind of like a Bill Cowher. He has risen there game to a new level. Look I know that someday Maryville will lose but I do not believe it will be this year. Some of you can not wait for that to happen and it will but I think you are gonna have to wait a little longer. These things are cyclical. The differance for Maryville they will recover more quickly when it does happen. (as long as GQ is there) Glad to see you are passionate about the Burros!

I agree with you whole heartedly, untill we beat the Rebels they are #1. But game 15 is only 17 weeks away. Any truth to the rumor that GQ will succeed the Hoover coach if he is found quilty of grade tampering?

I agree with you whole heartedly, untill we beat the Rebels they are #1. But game 15 is only 17 weeks away. Any truth to the rumor that GQ will succeed the Hoover coach if he is found quilty of grade tampering?

You worry about game #15 and we will work on getting ready for Alcoa in week #1. Next year George will be the AD and Head Coach at Whatz a mata U acording to the rumor that I was told.

Rebel9

Look Footballfan15, please do not get everybody started on this kind of stuff. It never ceases to amaze me the stuff I here about GQ. No I have not heard that rumor but believe me as long as Maryville keeps winning this kind of stuff will crop up every year and I guess I will just have to live with that. It is the nature of the beast. Did you here the one about coach Q going to the CFL to coach the Toronto Arganauts.

Look Footballfan15, please do not get everybody started on this kind of stuff. It never ceases to amaze me the stuff I here about GQ. No I have not heard that rumor but believe me as long as Maryville keeps winning this kind of stuff will crop up every year and I guess I will just have to live with that. It is the nature of the beast. Did you here the one about coach Q going to the CFL to coach the Toronto Arganauts.

Well considering that the present principle of Hoover is the previous priciple of Maryville it is no wonder that the people in Hoover are making the connection. Don't be amazed, this could be a good fit.

Agree. I really believe Hillsboro will be better that last year but Maryville is still king of the hill till somebody beats them.

hillsboro is way to go for anybody this year. Jaq and Eric are so deadly. They are way to talented and can just beat you in so many different ways. They will crush Maryville

hillsboro is way to go for anybody this year. Jaq and Eric are so deadly. They are way to talented and can just beat you in so many different ways. They will crush Maryville

as a fellow hillsboro fan, that talk is foolish... while gordon and seward are 2 of many weapons on this team, maryville is the most disciplined, best coached, smartest team in the state.. you obviously dont know the history of these 2 schools. hillsboro has produced fabulous teams that no one in middle/west TN could compete against.. then we reach maryville... hillsboro has seen incredible athletes before eric and jaq such as fridge and marcellus tibbs (greatest one-two punch at RB of memory), joe sanders, chris russell, walter fisher, the list goes on and on.. none of them could beat maryville. we have a great team and look forward to our chance at maryville but that talk is blasphemy. "crushing" maryville is beyond possibility, but id love to see it happen..