Huntingdon / Southside ?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall the score was 4-1, with the first teamers it was 2-1. The format was that each team had 9 plays to score unless they would get within the 10 then that would be considered a first down. Southside had the ball first and made it to about the 20 and was stalled. Then Huntingdon got the ball moved the ball pretty well at first Southside defense seemed dead at first and then picked it up once there backs seemed to be against the wall. But on Huntingdon's 8th or 9th play their QB #12 throw a post to the wideout and he found a gap and scored. Then Southside got the ball moved pretty well their best play was the trap, then they got to the eight. Went to the T formation and put it in on the ground. Huntingdon seemed to try to be more balanced than probably thought being a run team they tried to air it out more than I expected. There were a few dropped passes by Huntingdon's O. Then they went to what I thought was their bread and butter the Wing T but they seemed to have had different slots from when Huntingdon and Southside scrimmaged during the spring. I don't know if that comes from them changing numbers or what happen. That drive was stalled then Southside got the ball back pretty much kept it on the ground and scored and that was pretty much the end of seeing 1st teams out their as a hole. There seemed to be some work that could be done people from Southside missed tackles as well as Huntingdon misreading a play. Both offenses seem to need more work but could be good. One of Huntingdon's players I'm not sure suffered a seperated shoulder during the scrimmage so lets pray for the best.

Overall the score was 4-1, with the first teamers it was 2-1.

Actually, the second score by Southside was against pretty much our second team defense. I think there were 2 first team players on the field during the whole drive.

The passing game looked a little out of synch. I really think the scrimmage would have looked different if it was down and distance. We moved the ball with our running game, but it's tough to score in 9 plays when you gain 4-5 yards per play.

Actually, the second score by Southside was against pretty much our second team defense. I think there were 2 first team players on the field during the whole drive.

The passing game looked a little out of synch. I really think the scrimmage would have looked different if it was down and distance. We moved the ball with our running game, but it's tough to score in 9 plays when you gain 4-5 yards per play.

Any truth that Jerry HAyes resigned after the scrimmage???

I thought the Huntingdon running game was solid. The line was getting a good push and the backs were picking up 4-5 yards a play. Weathers looked really good. The mustangs moved the ball downfield well , then the drives were stalling when Huntingdon went to the pass. The best formations for Huntingdon were the I-Formation and the Shotgun. The defense missed a lot of tackles but overall did a good job and was quick to the ball.