DeKalb vs Westmoreland

volsrule #1

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 what? 5 points or 5 touchdowns?

I expected a brawl was going to happen by the way things looked before I left.

I went to the scrimmage. Not to complain about alot, but most scrimmages have at least a ref or two from the town that is the host. This could have stopped what happened during the game. However, Westmoreland needs to start playing every play of the football game like they did after the little tussel. Dekalb looked like they were a scrappy bunch. After watching the Macon scrimmage with GV and the scrimmage Dekalb had with Westmoreland I would have to say Dekalb was hands down the more scrappier team. The thing is in a real game you cant takle by face mask and you cant takle if you are an offensive lineman. The score ended up Westmoreland ahead by 1 score. Westmoreland needs to get off to a good start this season like I have been saying all year. They are young but have all kinds of potential. I have attended all three of the scrimmages and see one major thing that sticks out to me. They need a leader on defense and offense that will keep the intensity level up to where it needs to be to win. They also cant take plays off. This is what you have sometimes in a young team. I feel we thought we could roll into Dekalb and run over them and come home. They had something different to say about that. I feel if Brooks keeps on throwing the way he has we will be alright. Our line and blockers need to become more consistant as in every play get your block. I for one am looking forward to DCA. If we get off to a good start I think the region better watch out.

I went to the scrimmage. Not to complain about alot, but most scrimmages have at least a ref or two from the town that is the host. This could have stopped what happened during the game. However, Westmoreland needs to start playing every play of the football game like they did after the little tussel. Dekalb looked like they were a scrappy bunch. After watching the Macon scrimmage with GV and the scrimmage Dekalb had with Westmoreland I would have to say Dekalb was hands down the more scrappier team. The thing is in a real game you cant takle by face mask and you cant takle if you are an offensive lineman. The score ended up Westmoreland ahead by 1 score. Westmoreland needs to get off to a good start this season like I have been saying all year. They are young but have all kinds of potential. I have attended all three of the scrimmages and see one major thing that sticks out to me. They need a leader on defense and offense that will keep the intensity level up to where it needs to be to win. They also cant take plays off. This is what you have sometimes in a young team. I feel we thought we could roll into Dekalb and run over them and come home. They had something different to say about that. I feel if Brooks keeps on throwing the way he has we will be alright. Our line and blockers need to become more consistant as in every play get your block. I for one am looking forward to DCA. If we get off to a good start I think the region better watch out.

westmoreland needs to stop talkin about there wins.first of all the teams they played were horrible.also,even if westmoreland was goin to have a good team they need to have some people to step up and be leaders and not be gettin into fights cause if they continue that up they will be penalized and in big games they dont need that.cause they will have a tough enough time winning without penalties.

You are not there to scrap you are there to play football. Scrappy teams get lots of penalties, which usually ends in a loss. Means they have lack of control. I saw the line trying to cut the knees all night while I was there. Dekalb looked to be fired up but using every tactic they could for an advantage. Had there been a full officiating crew they would have been a diffrent team. Which I think you will see this season. After a few losses for being scrappy as you put it. Then a few more trying to adjust from being scrappy. The season will be over.

What I am saying is if Dekalb dont get control they are headed for another disappointing year.