Cookeville and Livingston Scrimmage

Hogeye43

how did we do in this scrimmage...did we win...who looked good...oldcatfan and bubblegum, do you guys think we will do well this season

Hey hardyschapel, heard against Cookeville, did pretty good against them in one on one drills and pitting....But not so well when we lined 11 on 11... Defense was fair, but giving up big plays. McCoin is quick on offense, I think they just need a little continuity...Still young. Against Gordonsville, another thread said 5-0 G-ville..talked to a parent last night and he said defense did fair, just gave up the big plays.. Offense sputtered... I think Swallows is still being conservative though...I have watched them practice and the enthusiasm is there despite the heat and all, I just haven't saw any scrimmages..they'll be fine..I hope this helps..If anyone has a better analysis of these scrimmages, please correct me. I am going on hearsay..Good luck L.A.!

Hey hardyschapel, heard against Cookeville, did pretty good against them in one on one drills and pitting....But not so well when we lined 11 on 11... Defense was fair, but giving up big plays. McCoin is quick on offense, I think they just need a little continuity...Still young. Against Gordonsville, another thread said 5-0 G-ville..talked to a parent last night and he said defense did fair, just gave up the big plays.. Offense sputtered... I think Swallows is still being conservative though...I have watched them practice and the enthusiasm is there despite the heat and all, I just haven't saw any scrimmages..they'll be fine..I hope this helps..If anyone has a better analysis of these scrimmages, please correct me. I am going on hearsay..Good luck L.A.!

I think the Cats are going to have to be creative on offense to be successful. I don't think they can line up and run it consistently against a lot of teams. Only one senior on the O-Line. They have some big strong boys up front, but not much experience. The skilled people are inexperienced as well. They are looking for some kids to step up and be playmakers. Tailback is still up in the air and need big play capability at WR. I think the enthusiasm is high, just hope they can get off to a decent start so the boys won't get discouraged. GO LA.