IMAC (Now the Five Rivers)

wasqbnowcoach

Cane, rather than pick an order of finish. I'm going to offer that the IMAC is a much improved league from 2 seasons ago and win or lose there is going to be some great football against one another and when we step out side of our conference I believe the talley sheet will weigh in the direction of the IMAC.

I agree with that.There have been some really good coaches added the last 2 seasons and the numbers per program are rising. I think the IMAC will prove itself strong.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record Greenway is still on the team. (Give the kid a break) He worked extremely hard in the offseason just to secure a spot on the team. With the new coaching staff at Greeneville there is no free rides. I believe that this years team is being overlooked by many people. They are not going to claim to win every game, but I guarantee this that they will be competitive in every game.

No one has really commented on the scrimmage with TN High last week. Did anyone get to see it? From what I have heard Greeneville beat them in that scrimmage. Does anyone have any other imput?

For the IMAC I would have to go with Morristown West to win it again this year. When you return a lot of starters on defense then you have a good chance of being good again. Defense is very important in the game of football. However I do think that anyone in 4A in this region will have to get past Sullivan South.

Greeneville scrimmages South Doyle tonight at Greeneville.

what time is the scrimmage. is it a full scrimmage or a 7 on 7 scrimmage?

For the record Greenway is still on the team. (Give the kid a break) He worked extremely hard in the offseason just to secure a spot on the team. With the new coaching staff at Greeneville there is no free rides. I believe that this years team is being overlooked by many people. They are not going to claim to win every game, but I guarantee this that they will be competitive in every game.

No one has really commented on the scrimmage with TN High last week. Did anyone get to see it? From what I have heard Greeneville beat them in that scrimmage. Does anyone have any other imput?

For the IMAC I would have to go with Morristown West to win it again this year. When you return a lot of starters on defense then you have a good chance of being good again. Defense is very important in the game of football. However I do think that anyone in 4A in this region will have to get past Sullivan South.

Greeneville scrimmages South Doyle tonight at Greeneville.

UH, EAST RETURNED 10 STARTERS AND 14 OF 15 THAT GOT THE MAJORITY OF THE SNAPS.

I'm from this region and I'm just wondering what different people are thinking about the upcoming season.

East and West will dominate. Volunteer could likely get another playoff spot as long as they are able to defeat Cherokee. The playoff spots for Volunteer and Cherokee will come down to the last game of the season just like last year between the two teams. Volunteer seems to be a little overconfident after defeating Cherokee 22-0 last year though. Greeneville will be fourth i Think.

i dunno where i got the over confidence thing from canefan72..maybe the fact that their coach is pretty much already promising a conference title

He was asked by a reporter to rank the conference 1-8. What did you want him to say? 3rd or 4th. He showed confidence but the team has not been overconfident, all they have done is work harder after a 9-4 season to have people like you say they are over confident.

He was asked by a reporter to rank the conference 1-8. What did you want him to say? 3rd or 4th. He showed confidence but the team has not been overconfident, all they have done is work harder after a 9-4 season to have people like you say they are over confident.

Cane I have known your coach as friend for 15 years since his Tusculum days and he is a very humble man that is a straight shooter. Most coaches with a good team think that way, but don't have the guts to say it. Coacher just put some personal responsibility on his team and himself as a motivational tool. Because he knows the team and himself has the shoulders to bare it. I think it was refreshing to have a coach avoid old dead football quotes and false humility like a coach or 2 in our conference. (win all your games except against the GDevils

Cane I have known your coach as friend for 15 years since his Tusculum days and he is a very humble man that is a straight shooter. Most coaches with a good team think that way, but don't have the guts to say it. Coacher just put some personal responsibility on his team and himself as a motivational tool. Because he knows the team and himself has the shoulders to bare it. I think it was refreshing to have a coach avoid old dead football quotes and false humility like a coach or 2 in our conference. (win all your games except against the GDevils

AMEN!

I was given the opprotunity to interview a coach before every game last season for a radio pre-game show. It was nothing more than a cliche show every week. No doubt about it, Coach Hatcher is a straight shooter.

Think about it folks, if the man said he expected to be just lucky to be in the playoffs, the team will play to suit his statement. Not on purpose but if they feel their coach doesn't have any confidence, neither will they.

noonesfool can tell you. I wrestled for a coach that thought the same way as Coach Hatcher. He might have known deep down that we couldn't win, but he would never tell us. He never let us think that we were anything short of state champions, and he got alot more out of us than he normaly would have. I think we even surprised him when we pulled off wins we shouldn't have.

nooney do you know who the scrimmage went last night?

AMEN!

I was given the opprotunity to interview a coach before every game last season for a radio pre-game show. It was nothing more than a cliche show every week. No doubt about it, Coach Hatcher is a straight shooter.

Think about it folks, if the man said he expected to be just lucky to be in the playoffs, the team will play to suit his statement. Not on purpose but if they feel their coach doesn't have any confidence, neither will they.

noonesfool can tell you. I wrestled for a coach that thought the same way as Coach Hatcher. He might have known deep down that we couldn't win, but he would never tell us. He never let us think that we were anything short of state champions, and he got alot more out of us than he normaly would have. I think we even surprised him when we pulled off wins we shouldn't have.

When you said you wrestled, I just figured out who you are. Stay low over there and get back safe.