UTM SKYHAWKS

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could of told you this was coming. The adminstration at the schools wants to create a new image of the athletic programs and alot of teams have already made the switch. Just means I got to buy more UTM stuff for when I go to the game. Can't wait, the team this year should be great.

I'm thinking they need to pic one and stick with it a while...They change up pretty often...

• 2 weeks later...

FCS Coaches Poll (Aug. 20, 2007)

1. Appalachian State (27) 699

2. Montana 656

3. Massachusetts (1) 612

4. North Dakota State 609

5. New Hampshire 559

6. Youngstown State 550

7. James Madison 477

8. Illinois State 471

9. Northern Iowa 424

10. Furman 416

11 Southern Illinois 406

12. McNeese State 365

13. Portland State 313

14. Cal Poly 302

15. Wofford 265

16. Hampton 242

17. Eastern Illinois 203

18. UT Martin 202

19. South Dakota State 198

20. Coastal Carolina 191

21. Delaware 172

22. Montana State 168

23. Sam Houston State 130

24. Yale 76

25. Princeton 50

• 2 weeks later...

Who ended up winning the starting QB job at UTM? The QB from last year or did the kid from Maryville come in and get it?

Thats the problem no one has won the job. The 2 QBs from last year Anoka and Preston have seen playing time as well as Cade Thompson the kid from Maryville. So we have 3 QBs that could start but the coaching staff doesnt want to pick just one.

Don't jump off the bandwagon just yet, all that matters to Martin is OVC games. We have played a top 25 FCS school and an up and coming Missouri St. We are having to replace alot of starters on defense so we will right the ship.

Thats the problem no one has won the job. The 2 QBs from last year Anoka and Preston have seen playing time as well as Cade Thompson the kid from Maryville. So we have 3 QBs that could start but the coaching staff doesnt want to pick just one.

Don't jump off the bandwagon just yet, all that matters to Martin is OVC games. We have played a top 25 FCS school and an up and coming Missouri St. We are having to replace alot of starters on defense so we will right the ship.

I'm surprise Thompson didn't come in and win the job straightaway..You would think a kid that has played in a winning program like Maryville and then be good enough to be recruited by a pretty good ole ball coach in the SEC would be able to beat out a couple of D-1AA guys.....Wonder if Simpson is just trying to show some loyalty to Anoka and Preston or if Thompson simply isn't as good as billed??....I have always heard if you say you have three QB's you actually have none.....

Another thing you have to wonder about Thompson is if you are going to transfer from a SEC school coached by Steve Spurrier,why come to a place like UTM???

The Southern Miss wasn't a surprise,but losing to Missouri State the way they did was.....Allowing 51 points at home just isn't going to get it.......