ALcoa, Can They Shutdown Smith & Raiders?

The Tornadoes lost a big part of their offense in Chris Shiverdecker (1295 yds rushing on 123 carries in 06) and there's really no other back on the Alcoa team close. QB Randall Cobb is THE threat. He returns as a senior coming off a great 2006 season. Cobb connected on 64% of his passes (64 of 100) for 1179 yards and 17 touchdowns. Cobb will have Brian Sommer returning this year. Sommer caught 22 passes in 06 for 433 yards and 4 TD's. The Tornadoes lose Kyrus Lanxter who caught 8 touchdowns racking up 470 yards receiving. For the Raiders they return QB Magwan Smith(over 1,000 yds in 06), listed on everyones all star lists. Spring Hill will be looking to replace Ned McCaster in the backfield, who rushed for around 1000 yards. Look for Louis Sanders to get an opportunity. I look for this game to be pretty good since it is the opening game for both. Spring Hill after their 2006 playoff run had an amazing 82 players hit the field this year for coach Travis McKnight and coaches.

The game will be carried LIVE on the web at TennesseeSportsNet.Com. T.S.N. broadcast Spring Hill football all year LIVE!

who is on the lines, I know they lost alot of players last year

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Alcoa can shut down Spring Hill and will win the game. What schools are looking at Alcoa's QB? I read on here that he is a big prospect.

I think Alcoa wins ,but I dont see Sring hill being "shut down".They have to many weapons

on the off. side of the ball.SH. will score at least three times,it just wont be nearly enough.

I don't think SH will have much of a chance to beat Alcoa after the whistle blows. Applause to Coach Rankin for his disciplinary actions. I do think all three could play in the 2nd half, but maybe not.

Found this artical in Spring Hill's local paper online:

The Raiders are bringing in a marquee attraction in three-time defending Class 2A state champion Alcoa and legendary coach Gary Rankin. Rankin, in his first year at the helm of the Tornadoes after winning four state championships at Murfreesboro Riverdale, guided Alcoa to its eighth state championship in 2006.

The Tornadoes left a path of destruction through in 2006 winning by average margin of 41 points per game. Alcoa’s three-peat is just the latest chapter in its incredibly successful recent history. Four of the Tornadoes’ eight championships have come since 2000. Since 2000, Alcoa has posted a 26-2 record in the playoffs, while the Tornadoes all-time playoff record stands at 58-12 in 20 appearances.

While the Tornadoes have enjoyed sustained success, the Raiders are finally getting back to their winning ways. Spring Hill ended a pair of droughts last season as the Raiders snapped a 21-game losing streak, while returning to the playoffs for the first time since 1998. Even though Spring Hill may not have history on its side, the Raiders are hoping to catch Alcoa looking ahead to its annual clash with Maryville on Aug. 31.

I don't think Alcoa will be looking ahead and win by 4 TD’s or better. You Tore-nado-o’s have a safe trip and we'll see you next Friday at your place. I'm going to the WB game.

Good to see you my friend...I'm so happy that it's football time in (East) Tennessee! I'll be cheering for the Rebs (except next week of course lol) see ya on the board-God bless!