Coffee County

daniel102081

Are we ready to compete this year as we do every year? I know in exactly 2wks I'll be at the game against Shelbyville. Are we ready to start this season off with a win?

How are the new guys, meaning the sophomores this year, doing since they were pretty successful as freshmen?

Tinsley, I believe is the transfer, what position does he play? Is he a wideout?

Goins, will he break 1,000 yards?

Kanjanabout...tough kid, plays hard...is he ready?

What about Robbie Gonzales? I know this is full of questions, but questions I believe that will be answered througout the season! Good luck to the Red Raiders this year as well as all the teams in region 3-5A!!!

Since I'm not familiar with Rhea Co. are they a quality team? I didn't get to make it to the scrimmage tonight, so Tom, I'm relying on yours and Pedo's write ups from the scrimmage.

How is Goins doing at WR? I had heard that last season he had a hard time with his hands, has that improved?

We have a good quality team, but it is hard to compete with a team like Coffee County when 6 starters out ( 3 O-linemen, 2 D-backs, and are starting RB) at the beginning of the scrimmage and then lose another 2 starters (another O-lineman and are Safety/WR) during the game. Plus the LBs just were not in the game tonight; they couldn't make a tackle. We had too many turnovers and I don't know how much time we spent on the Rhea County side of the 50. Throw in the fact that Coffee County is one of the biggest teams (especially the O and D lines) that we have seen in a while. The offense Coffee County runs we don't see that at all in are region or any other team we play in the regular season. Coffee County is a good team, and we had a bad game.

Region 4 4A. I believe coffee county played cleveland in the spring, another team from are region and beat them 49-0.

so to the ones that went to the scrimmage.....does it look like Coffee has a better shot this year then in the previous years of having more than just 3 wins. Other than Cookeville and Lincoln...we might have a little competition with Franklin Co. from what I've read and have heard. Should be a good year for reigon 3!!!

Coffee looked solid just need to work a few wrinkles out, and i feel certian Price will get that done. I didnt get to see the first scrimage however they seem to be very strong and great shape. it looks like he is playing allot of kids, which is normal for him. it did not apear that he is going to throw much, which is fine as long as they can run like they did Friday night.