DB

Mr. Crazy

I was at DBs scrimmage against Knox Central and it was kind of depressing. DB looked like a JV or even a freshmen team against a Central team that was very good either. Central had a good running back and an ok QB but they werent anything special. DB ran the ball almost every play and werent very successful with it but just a few times. The line couldnt block at all and the play calling was not good as usual. The D couldnt stop the RB he was way to fast for the LBs. Its not looking good for at all for DB this year i thought they would only lose 3 or 4 games this year but i wouldnt be surprised if they go 500 or below. They looked terrible today and i hope we get better but Graham better change something or its gonna be a long long year for DB.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like they just want to work on some running before throwing it around during the season. Practice were you are weak. Dont show much in a SCRIMAGE. Pretty sad you are so down based on a scrimage. Hope Graham does not have to deal with BOO Birds like you all season. Bet your down on Fulmer too.

DB may be "Down" but I bet they are not "Out". Too much tradition and too many athletes. They could probably win 7 games in a very bad year. That shocks me a little to hear they looked so bad. What was the final outcome? Scores don't mean much in scrimmages but I have to agree with Wacko that losing a scrimmage is never a good thing. Need to build confidence while you work on weak points and still not show everything you have.

DB may be "Down" but I bet they are not "Out". Too much tradition and too many athletes. They could probably win 7 games in a very bad year. That shocks me a little to hear they looked so bad. What was the final outcome? Scores don't mean much in scrimmages but I have to agree with Wacko that losing a scrimmage is never a good thing. Need to build confidence while you work on weak points and still not show everything you have.

I was also at the scrimmage and they didn't look nearly as "bad" as Crazy makes it sound. Yes there were some dropped passes by the receivers and poor judgment made by the QB but that's why you have scrimmages to work out problems like that before the season starts. With 100+ athletes to choose from it's only a matter of time before they start to mature and I believe they will finish the season strong. That's what great coaches do. And if you don't think they have great coaches explain how they only lost two conference games in the past 11 years.

i know how DB plays during scrimmages and that graham doesnt use alot of his plays i did play last year for DB. but the thing is last year most of us players didnt really care about the scrimmages we played even against maryville cause they didnt mean anything but we still could make plays and do good cause we were good. this team doesnt have 100+ athletes to choose from i would say more like 10 or 15 good athlethes. the central team they played was not good and even though we didnt run all of our plays the plays that we did run didnt work. it was an embarassing day for me. and DBteepee have you ever played for graham? cause if you have you would know hes a great teacher and a great practice coach but he cant coach in the big games how many big games has he won and how many great teams has he had in the past 10 years?

i know how DB plays during scrimmages and that graham doesnt use alot of his plays i did play last year for DB. but the thing is last year most of us players didnt really care about the scrimmages we played even against maryville cause they didnt mean anything but we still could make plays and do good cause we were good. this team doesnt have 100+ athletes to choose from i would say more like 10 or 15 good athlethes. the central team they played was not good and even though we didnt run all of our plays the plays that we did run didnt work. it was an embarassing day for me. and DBteepee have you ever played for graham? cause if you have you would know hes a great teacher and a great practice coach but he cant coach in the big games how many big games has he won and how many great teams has he had in the past 10 years?

I would say that he's had a few very good teams but not necessarily great in that time. And I can recall numerous games that were won in the second half after making brilliant halftime adjustments. If that's not coaching then what is it?

Maybe you and your teammates just couldn't win the big games. Why put all the blame on coach? Coach can't catch, run, tackle, block, or kick field goals for you.

I was at DBs scrimmage against Knox Central and it was kind of depressing. DB looked like a JV or even a freshmen team against a Central team that was very good either. Central had a good running back and an ok QB but they werent anything special. DB ran the ball almost every play and werent very successful with it but just a few times. The line couldnt block at all and the play calling was not good as usual. The D couldnt stop the RB he was way to fast for the LBs. Its not looking good for at all for DB this year i thought they would only lose 3 or 4 games this year but i wouldnt be surprised if they go 500 or below. They looked terrible today and i hope we get better but Graham better change something or its gonna be a long long year for DB.

hate to sound to stipd but who is db? i ve got a good idea but not so sure.