DB

Mr. Crazy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at DBs scrimmage against Knox Central and it was kind of depressing. DB looked like a JV or even a freshmen team against a Central team that was very good either. Central had a good running back and an ok QB but they werent anything special. DB ran the ball almost every play and werent very successful with it but just a few times. The line couldnt block at all and the play calling was not good as usual. The D couldnt stop the RB he was way to fast for the LBs. Its not looking good for at all for DB this year i thought they would only lose 3 or 4 games this year but i wouldnt be surprised if they go 500 or below. They looked terrible today and i hope we get better but Graham better change something or its gonna be a long long year for DB.

You have to block to be able to pass. Are they running the same offense as last year except for signaling the plays in from the sideline? It doesnt sound like the play signaling is acomplishing anything, may lead to more confusion. Who ran the ball, #2, #33? Heard the QBs ran a lot, too much. That offense doesnt fool the LBs to often. It appears Coach G is going to have to really coach for 4 qtrs every game.

You have to block to be able to pass. Are they running the same offense as last year except for signaling the plays in from the sideline? It doesnt sound like the play signaling is acomplishing anything, may lead to more confusion. Who ran the ball, #2, #33? Heard the QBs ran a lot, too much. That offense doesnt fool the LBs to often. It appears Coach G is going to have to really coach for 4 qtrs every game.

Gosh DB is in real trouble. We may never score again. I bet everybody will quit by the second game. The sky is falling. When does basketball season start? No wait, forget that one.

haha tommy toe your right about not putting all the blame on the coachs but then again you shouldnt give all the credit to them either. everybody wants to tell you how great graham is at coaching but most of those people are just on lookers and have not actually played for him. and yeah sometimes graham and coach watson made good adjustments to win in close games but there is also plenty of times when they made horrible adjustments and didnt call the right plays and we ended up losing. im sorry but if graham cant call better plays when we were on the 4 yard line then he doesnt need to be coaching. this years team cant just turn it on like last years team could and escape with close wins so i just think they need to change something. the 3 years ive been on or around varsity football at DB the offense has gotten more complicated and more difficult to remember for some people so with this sideline no huddle signals thing that graham is doing right now is just not smart. for one hes just copying oak ridge and everyother team that has been doin that for the past 3 years and two this group of guys arent smart enough and dont pay attention enough to be able to be successful in the no huddle. i just really hope something changes before DB gets embarassed this year. and dont think that i bitter or somethin with graham for not gettin to play or somethin cause thats not the case at all im just tired of seeing good or great teams getting wasted. and can anybody tell me why graham is not letting micheal willis back on the team.

You may not be bitter about not getting any burn... but you are super bitter about something... and you need to chill out a little bit, you act like Clark is the worst head coach of all time... it comes off as a little immature bringing up how you played for him last year and then completely dissrespecting him and all of your former teammates...

Okay pal, first question for crazy..did you even start or do you just have beef because you rode the pine pony all year last year. I was also at the scrimmage and I saw a WHOLE lot of raw talent. I saw number ten at QB step up and make some great throws. WR's need some work but that will come with time.DB also has a decent option attack, and two RB's wih all the speed and field vision they need. I guess you missed where Jaime Crawford busted 3 runs for over 20 yrds. or where he threw two great pass right down the field which were dropped. Just sit back and watch. I played under Clark also, GROW UP, or SHUT UP....NUFF SAID.

P.S. If you don't like it coach a team get them better then DB, out coach Grahm Clark, and i'll see you in 60 years to never....

Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok well im glad you could see alot of raw talent and im glad thats all it is. i dont think graham is the worst coach ever i just said he cant coach big games and yes i started for many years. i agree with you that jaime is good but its not like we moved the ball all day long like central did against our defense. we have good RBs so why dont we get back to the doubles or i formation and run the ball but instead graham wants to be complicated and modern so he wont do that. contender i would seriously doubt that you got any PT so did you? i wont shutup unless graham changes somethin and DB does good.

I got my PT. ANYWAYS...I do agree with you, I would like to see bigger lineman, I-Form or Pro, and a 4-3 Def. instead of the 3-3-5 they run now. but the big guys just arent there really. not like use to be there back in 01 for instance. I would like to see the run game come back and se the pass up more, but that doesnt mean I am going to get on here and trash-talk the whole team, and the head coach as well.

Plain and simple Clark would not run a certain type of offense if he did not believe it was capable of working... its not like he just gets all these ideas and does not take his teams talent into consideration... if he didnt believe it would work he would scrap it... and the point behind the defensive scheme is that there has not been the large guys that didnt also play somewhere on the offensive line in a long time... small defensive tackles in a 4-3 are not as capable of occupying lineman and therefore hinder the talent at linebacker