Ooltewah Owls to be on Stump on Sports @ 11:00 pm

OwlPride

Let me say that the Ooltewah guys did not disrespect anybody when they were on the Stump On Sports show and in no way offended the host. It's Saturday night and the players had been to a cookout for them. No, they didn't have jerseys on, but I don't think that is a requirement. I have been doing this for more than 22 years and actually thought the Owls were fun and spoke well for the school. They were not Rhodes Scholars, but most football players are not. Young men are going to be young men, but this bunch was fine. Sure they dress different today than when I played, but I don't think the posts have been fair. Obviously,somebody is trying to make the Owls look bad for whatever reason. Red Bank did look good in the jerseys and the players had fun too. But, I contacted booster club presidents to set up both teams being on the show as I often do with both Red Bank and Ooltewah. Then they contact the coaches and set up the appearances. Thanks for watching and let up on Ooltewah.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize. I reread your post and I guess after reading all of the negativity I read it wrong. Usually I read more carefully and I made a mistake. Sorry.

first of all i SAID i wasnt sure of his name and or school but i do know he said he transferred and had to sit out a year and he was a senior and I DIDNT say he acted like anything but a MATURE kid, the one i was talking about was acting like a MATURE kid would!!! so as far as arguing about what i said i wasnt sure is that not GOOD ENUF for YOU? thats the only way i know how to say I M NOT SURE, i wasnt saying anything bad about Baylor or the kid you mentioned. i may be confused but yeah thats me.

That makes sense since it was last year he transferred. By the way, I responded incorrectly to the guy that posted about this player. He said that he was a very mature guy and was not talking about him. Sorry for the confusion.

The player is Jordon Simmons, he did come from Baylor two years ago. He had to sit out last year. He is a senior this year and he is a good kid. He did not say or do anything out of line that I saw or heard. I think there was alot more good things said last night than anyone is remembering. Yes, two guys had stuff on that they shouldn't had. But they are kids, even those two did not say anything disrespectful. And all the rest did a good job responding the their questions.

I apologize. I reread your post and I guess after reading all of the negativity I read it wrong. Usually I read more carefully and I made a mistake. Sorry.That makes sense since it was last year he transferred. By the way, I responded incorrectly to the guy that posted about this player. He said that he was a very mature guy and was not talking about him. Sorry for the confusion.

No big deal on this end. It just seems to me people are quick to jump on Ooltewah, for anything lately. I guess that comes with a little success. There are some real good kids at Ooltewah just like other schools. There are also some that could make better choices at times just like other schools too. I also agree with your earlier statement Brady Reed is a fine young man and we are lucky to have him also.

I apologize. I reread your post and I guess after reading all of the negativity I read it wrong. Usually I read more carefully and I made a mistake. Sorry.That makes sense since it was last year he transferred. By the way, I responded incorrectly to the guy that posted about this player. He said that he was a very mature guy and was not talking about him. Sorry for the confusion.

not a problem, i just want everyone to be happy!!

Let me say that the Ooltewah guys did not disrespect anybody when they were on the Stump On Sports show and in no way offended the host. It's Saturday night and the players had been to a cookout for them. No, they didn't have jerseys on, but I don't think that is a requirement. I have been doing this for more than 22 years and actually thought the Owls were fun and spoke well for the school. They were not Rhodes Scholars, but most football players are not. Young men are going to be young men, but this bunch was fine. Sure they dress different today than when I played, but I don't think the posts have been fair. Obviously,somebody is trying to make the Owls look bad for whatever reason. Red Bank did look good in the jerseys and the players had fun too. But, I contacted booster club presidents to set up both teams being on the show as I often do with both Red Bank and Ooltewah. Then they contact the coaches and set up the appearances. Thanks for watching and let up on Ooltewah.

thats your opinion on the disrespect thing and i can respect that but the part about being a rhodes scholar and most football players are nt is obsurd dont bring down football players as a whole for the actions of 2 or 3 kids i know alot of football players who are great scholares and dont act like that, and i know alot who are not scholars and still dont act like that, oh yeah watch the tape again and if thats not disrespect you have got to crazy, nobody is trying to make the owls look like nothing 2 or 3 them did it not anyone on here so dont put it off on us or the other (young and mature) young men that acted accordingly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Who cares how they acted on Stump. They are in high school of course they might act immature, but you know they are aloud to do so they are tennagers. You say their parents are to blame??? Dude you have no idea what your talking about.. Ya maybe something have to do with parents, but getting on T.V. can be exciting and they were just acting on the moment. You arent their parents so quit judging how they act its none of your business. And if you guys have any children i can garuntee they do not act the way you think they do when your not around. If it was CNN or CBS i could see what your saying maybe, but good god it was STUMP ON SPORTS (A.K.A. RED NECK broadcasting)!!!

Your finally RIGHT about something!!!!,but ..,..what about that one kid given his shout out to his baby girl(that was hilarous!!!!)I didnt see it live but ,I heard about it and a friend had recorded or got off that guys website or something and sent it to me.

i suppose its better than giving a shout out to his baby's momma

Who cares how they acted on Stump. They are in high school of course they might act immature, but you know they are aloud to do so they are tennagers. You say their parents are to blame??? Dude you have no idea what your talking about.. Ya maybe something have to do with parents, but getting on T.V. can be exciting and they were just acting on the moment. You arent their parents so quit judging how they act its none of your business. And if you guys have any children i can garuntee they do not act the way you think they do when your not around. If it was CNN or CBS i could see what your saying maybe, but good god it was STUMP ON SPORTS (A.K.A. RED NECK broadcasting)!!!

its funny almost all of young men acted very mature as i posted before i m talking about a couple in particular, the others mature kids acted accordingly as they were taught by their parents and their parents where not there (i dont guess). you contridicted yourself a couple of times volman09, just thought you might want to know that but anyway i love your description of the show, first time i ve heard that one. i give you a thumbs up on that one it was good!!!!!!