South Pittsburg vs Jasper (aka MC)

OLD PIRATE

I like the confidence (or over confidence) that these SP fans have. It's hard to predict the outcome of this game because of the intense rivalry. Emotions will be high on both sides of the field. Whichever team can gain control of their emotions and focus that energy into executing the gameplan will win. Everything that I've read about SP is that they are at least as strong as last year. They have some very talented players and an experienced coaching staff. Marion County is not the same team as last year's team. I think it will be a very good game. I think that a lot of people will be suprised on the 31st.

Go Warriors!

Are you predicting a win for the warriors PurpleGrad?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not making a prediction because, as I said, with the emotions surrounding this game, anything can happen. I'm just saying that outside of the city limits of Jasper, SP is an overwhelming favorite with some of their faithful even discussing out loud the use of the Mercy Rule. My statement is that Marion County is a much different team from last year and I think some people will be suprised!

GO Warriors!!!

I remember a couple of years ago that South Pittsburg came into the game 6 - 0 and Marion was 2 - 4. Guess who won and went away with a blemished record? Anything can happen and usually does in this rivalry!!

I'm not making a prediction because, as I said, with the emotions surrounding this game, anything can happen. I'm just saying that outside of the city limits of Jasper, SP is an overwhelming favorite with some of their faithful even discussing out loud the use of the Mercy Rule. My statement is that Marion County is a much different team from last year and I think some people will be suprised!

GO Warriors!!!

Old Pirate says Pujo,who used the term "Mercy Rule" is not from our region,but he knows the Pirates are loaded with team speed and experience. Purple Grad is possibly stretching his statement referring to SP fans being over confident............ ALL SP & Jasper fans know....... this game will be over flowing with emotions from the water boy to the eldest fan......

Old Pirate will pick the Pirates, who appear refocused and SHOULD be better than the 2006 team. How much better remains to be seen.

Jasper should be better with the Warriors having the best skilled people in some time, but are the warriors enough better to substantially cut last years point spread. Jasper does hold an ace,they now have Coach Beck who coached @ SP for several years and is very familiar with the Pirates offensive & defensive schemes. YEP, he is NOW officially a fence jumper, but when opportunity knocks you sometimes have to take advantage. Old Pirate wishes Coach Beck the best but hopes the SP vs Jasper series continues to work against his new team.( Sorry Coach)

Old Pirate says Pujo,who used the term "Mercy Rule" is not from our region,but he knows the Pirates are loaded with team speed and experience. Purple Grad is possibly stretching his statement referring to SP fans being over confident............ ALL SP & Jasper fans know....... this game will be over flowing with emotions from the water boy to the eldest fan......

Old Pirate will pick the Pirates, who appear refocused and SHOULD be better than the 2006 team. How much better remains to be seen.

Jasper should be better with the Warriors having the best skilled people in some time, but are the warriors enough better to substantially cut last years point spread. Jasper does hold an ace,they now have Coach Peck who coached @ SP for several years and is very familiar with the Pirates offensive & defensive schemes. YEP, he is NOW officially a fence jumper, but when opportunity knocks you sometimes have to take advantage. Old Pirate wishes Coach Beck the best but hopes the SP vs Jasper series continues to work against his new team.( Sorry Coach)

A lot of people are saying this is probably the best South Pittsburg team that Coach Grider has ever had. Time will tell. They can't be considered the best officially unless they win a state championship and put another trophy in the case. Or they could be the best team Coach Grider has ever had that never reached their potential.

GO Warriors!!!

Come on purple grad give me a prediction or score. I have guys from both sides here at work pumping me up give me something.I felt something about SP last year but it was just gas.I still am leaning toward SP but I was a few years ago also and you guys pulled the upset.

A lot of people are saying this is probably the best South Pittsburg team that Coach Grider has ever had. Time will tell. They can't be considered the best officially unless they win a state championship and put another trophy in the case. Or they could be the best team Coach Grider has ever had that never reached their potential.

Old Pirate says the 2007 team has to visualize being champions, then work toward that goal. The Pirates probably have more over all speed (numbers wise) than the 93-94 & 98-99 teams. The 93 & 98 teams were beaten by TC and the next year the 94 & 99 teams each won state titles. Jasper won the 93 & 94 games with SP winning the later 2 games. Old Pirate wonders.................................... where are all the SP & jasper fans.............. perhaps too early....

nah, it is never too early to talk about SP vs Jasper.............. Old Pirate says it's good to have the game 1st again, longer to have some fun........................... come on guys, it's that time to make some noise............

I've already made my prediction... it is going to be an emotionally charged game and a great atmosphere to experience high school football. It always is.... Make that drive from North GA to watch it unfold........

OK good enough , good luck it will make for a few good post on here IF you warriors can manage another upset with ZP AND OLD PIRATE

"A lot of people" must not been at the practices and the scrimmages. We are a good team, and may prove to be a very good team but we are not there yet. Still too many mistakes being made. We still need some team leaders to step up and make this team theirs. That's how you win championships.

"A lot of people" must not been at the practices and the scrimmages. We are a good team, and may prove to be a very good team but we are not there yet. Still too many mistakes being made. We still need some team leaders to step up and make this team theirs. That's how you win championships.

Old Pirate was thinking......... the 63 Pirates were very good won a bowl game to end the season with nearly all starters back for the 64 season, Hum....... don't want to jinx the 2007 Pirates...................................... just hopefully encourage the team to stay focused....... respect and continue to work harder than their opponents.......................

Old Pirate hopes the kids stay healthy..................................................

Old Pirate says the 2007 team has to visualize being champions, then work toward that goal. The Pirates probably have more over all speed (numbers wise) than the 93-94 & 98-99 teams. The 93 & 98 teams were beaten by TC and the next year the 94 & 99 teams each won state titles. Jasper won the 93 & 94 games with SP winning the later 2 games. Old Pirate wonders.................................... where are all the SP & jasper fans.............. perhaps too early....

nah, it is never too early to talk about SP vs Jasper.............. Old Pirate says it's good to have the game 1st again, longer to have some fun........................... come on guys, it's that time to make some noise............

OK, im ringing my cowbell as I type this. The Pirates win but they have a harder thime than most people around here are thinking. Im glad to see that the silly posts of last year by players from both towns have about stopped. That tells me that both coaching staffs have there teams focused on football, not bragging on forums. Good luck to botht teams in this game and i hope they deliver the fans another classic football game that will be talked about for years to come. I may change my opinion after seeing both teAMS perform tonight in the jamboree.