wartburg/oakdale scrimmage

OLDSCHOOL44

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats what they need to do cause nobody wants to see that bad of football

Well then keep yourselves away from Oakdale on Thursday and shut up. When was the last time Scott County produced a state Championship in Football, oh yeah it was the Indians of Oneida. When the great Highlander tradition gets established, perhaps you can rag on everyone else. Until then, those who live in glass houses......

Oakdale looked good against O.S. But physically O.S. pounded them. Oakdale has HUGE "big play" capability. I love what Coach Strickland is doing with those kids, they look like a different team. Give him a few years and I promise you they will be contending for a playoff spot. Same with Wartburg, they have a lot of youth, and the younger kids for Wartburg look WAY ahead to be there age. Coach Bangley is a REALLY good coach; he will turn things around for Wartburg. So far I’m very impressed with the new coaches in Morgan County. And everyone knows about coach K, he is a GREAT coach and will have another good coalfield team, they will have to fight harder this year to win the region. But I’m picking them to win the region with Midway and Oneida right behind them.

I thought that both teams played very hard.

Overall I cant say that I saw any real improvement in the wartburg team over years past. I am from Oakdale but truthfully wartburg has been better than us during each of the last two seasons much better and if we had been on the schedule i doubt that there would be a streak of any kind to talk about.

Tonight the score was 22-20 and for my money all the dogs proved is that they are able to play with a team that is likely to finish near the bottom of their A division. I don't know how long it's going to be before either team is competitive but you've got to say Oakdale is likely to be in the playoffs long before Wartburg simply based on the difference between A and AA.

Good luck to both teams and i wish that both could go undefeated, but sadly i think it will stay just that a wish.

You have got to remember that this was just like a good practice. Wartburg kept it VERY simple and Oakdale did the same. You weren’t going to see a great game, all this was to get kids some experience, and both teams are young. Give both teams a few years under these new coach’s and they will improve quite quickly .