Cloudland vrs Avery

pujo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One good thing about playing at Avery, its the coolest place in the world. On another note, Ihope people can be civil and let the chips fall. Should be a hard hitting game.

The chips did fall and so did Cloudlands line on Offense. Couldnt get any run game going. Question 4 anyone why didnt Radall Johnson get the ball more both passing and carring. Tipton is a tough ball carrier also. We just got run over on the line. First thing right off the bat, we had to punt we kicked straight up in the air and stood there and watched the ball an Avery guy picked it up and run 4 about a 8-10 yard TD. Next possesion 3 and out . Avery scored again If im not mistaken on a blocked punt so that it 14-0 with less than 3 to 4 minutes run off the clock. That killed us trying to come out the hole . After them scoring twice that quick. We played our hearts out showed some promise later in the game despite rushing 4 probably less than 100-150 yards all night. Thats just a guess may be more or less 91 Lander could probably tell me more. I just hate it for the seniors . I m sure we will work on our punting alot this week. We didnt punt the ball over 15-20 yards one time so they had great field position alot. But they were penalized a bunch last night . They could have scored more without the yellow flags. Like I said though we showed some big heart and promise. We had alot of young players in some key positions . We b alright. We got alot of the butterflies and jitters out of our system I hope. Whats ur thought 91.

I saw a lot of promise for such a small, young club. We made too many mistakes. If we improve special teams and play calling we'll win some ballgames. It took forever to get the no-huddle lined up. I don't know if it was the signals or what but Jordan fought the play clock all night.

Avery was the bigger , more physical team. No excuses, they beat us. I believe our mistakes offset their penalties. Both teams were sloppy. The battle in the trenches won the war. We couldn't stop the run. Christian Montgomery played well on both sides of the ball. That really hurt us.

Cloudland's got some great coaches, they'll watch film and make adjustments. No doubt we're gonna improve.

The boys in blue have heart and they won't give up. Expect a good show Thursday night @ Orr field!!