Cloudland vrs Avery

pujo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo, When people from avery realize that its not about I its about the team they will do something very speacial; and when i say that i dont mean the players. They need to see that it takes everyone from the water boy to the scout team to the QB to the fans(parents) to WIN

Going to a football game at Cloudland and Avery is like two different worlds. people down here gets excited. This is what small town football is all about. Nothing like it. Avery people just sit around like they are watching tv or something. They act like its shameful to get excited.

You put a good football team on the field down here, its a little imtimadating for the other team. You really can't understand it right yet. We have some talent coming up and if you are still here, you'll see something special. This place goes crazy. I don't think this team is the one, right yet, but with hard work and leadership, the day is coming. Just have to instill disapline. You can't cut corners. Robbie just needs to tough it out . Its not going to be easy, but its not suppose to be. Good things don't come easy. I liked what I saw at Watauga the other day. People seem to be backing Robbie. They just can't expect an 8 and 2 year right off the bat.

You put a good football team on the field down here, its a little imtimadating for the other team. You really can't understand it right yet. We have some talent coming up and if you are still here, you'll see something special. This place goes crazy. I don't think this team is the one, right yet, but with hard work and leadership, the day is coming. Just have to instill disapline. You can't cut corners. Robbie just needs to tough it out . Its not going to be easy, but its not suppose to be. Good things don't come easy. I liked what I saw at Watauga the other day. People seem to be backing Robbie. They just can't expect an 8 and 2 year right off the bat.

From what i have seen ITS a COMING. I'm like you I hope everyone remembers that he inherited a 2 and 8 team

and that he is going in the right direction.

I never could understand why Avery viewed Roan Mt. as lower class people. There is no industry or good roads to drive on in Avery Co. You could get a speeding ticket on a bicycle in Newland. Back to football, it should be a good game. I'm with Cloudland all the way.

I know many people in Avery Co. Most people in both areas have kin on both sides of the state line. Don't personally know anyone who thinks of people in Roan Mtn. as "lower class". I'm sure there are people who talk a lot of smack, but that's true even in Roan Mtn. As far as playing time; I played for Cloudland. Proud of it. Let me go ahead and say this. I got to play a lot. (Mostly b-ball and f-ball) I didn't have the right last name but worked hard. But coaches have played the name game at Cloudland, too. I have seen less talented kids getting the playing time. But, on the other hand, I'm not at practice to see what the coach sees. (And i'm for closed practices with no parents or spectators.) I'm sure it's the same at Avery.

I also played for Cloudland and have lived in Roan Mt. my whole life, but I have a lot of ties to Avery Co. My dad preaches in Avery Co. and my mom was raised there too. I have to drive through Avery Co. every morning to get to work. I do know personally some people who think very little of Cloudland and Roan Mt. I've got into several altercations in the past several years because of things that have been said about our town. I know for a fact that Roan Mtn. is first class when it comes to Carter County. Its not like we are the creek or something. This is an elite town and football program. I'm looking for a good game next Friday. I hope our boys show which community is elite in this area.