D-B MARYVILLE SCRIMMAGE

HONKYLIPS07

I didn't get to make it to the Maryville scrimmage, but I did get to watch the first two. The kid that impressed me the most is #33 Lane Taylor. I was very pleasantly surprised by his speed and instincts when he runs the ball. He was the only real bright spot I saw on the offense. But I am concerned by the number of fumbles by the quarterbacks and dropped passes by the receivers-more than I have seen by a DB team in a long time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to make it to the Maryville scrimmage, but I did get to watch the first two. The kid that impressed me the most is #33 Lane Taylor. I was very pleasantly surprised by his speed and instincts when he runs the ball. He was the only real bright spot I saw on the offense. But I am concerned by the number of fumbles by the quarterbacks and dropped passes by the receivers-more than I have seen by a DB team in a long time.

Maybe you ought to go in at QB and catch a few passes and see what it is like when nobody blocks.You could not understand what a freshman was doing on varsity baseball a couple years ago either.It seems some of you DB sideline coaches show up and start threads just so you can add your own little personal comments.There have been alot of bright spots in the past scrimmages,I don't know what you are watching.To say #33 was the only player to make any plays has to come from a blind man.You need to stick to baseball Teepee,that's your expertise.

From what I have seen,only Hogg is faster. Lane is Fast !

Maybe you ought to go in at QB and catch a few passes and see what it is like when nobody blocks.You could not understand what a freshman was doing on varsity baseball a couple years ago either.It seems some of you DB sideline coaches show up and start threads just so you can add your own little personal comments.There have been alot of bright spots in the past scrimmages,I don't know what you are watching.To say #33 was the only player to make any plays has to come from a blind man.You need to stick to baseball Teepee,that's your expertise.

Interesting to note ... just a week or so before the season starts and it looks like a lot of DB fans are more interested in squabbling with one another and taking shots at each other then they are in supporting their team as they enter the season. Definitely sends up a "yellow flag" to this outsider, concerning the overall state of the DB program.

Excited about hosting DB in Game 2 this year ... but for now, we better concern ourselves with an always tough Sevier County team.

Interesting to note ... just a week or so before the season starts and it looks like a lot of DB fans are more interested in squabbling with one another and taking shots at each other then they are in supporting their team as they enter the season. Definitely sends up a "yellow flag" to this outsider, concerning the overall state of the DB program.

Excited about hosting DB in Game 2 this year ... but for now, we better concern ourselves with an always tough Sevier County team.

Well said-outsider.Some people start a thread just so they can voice their own personal opinion to others.yes you should be excited about playing DB in week 2.You guys got very lucky last year.Anytime that you got the ball on the 4 yard line you usually score with the right play calling.(enought said about that)

Well said-outsider.Some people start a thread just so they can voice their own personal opinion to others.yes you should be excited about playing DB in week 2.You guys got very lucky last year.Anytime that you got the ball on the 4 yard line you usually score with the right play calling.(enought said about that)

Ouch!!

First of all I didn't start this thread. Secondly, I wasn't trying to say that the offense looked bad. It was just that #33 stood out, particularly in the second scrimmage. The offense is probably about where I expected them to be considering the amount of playing experience they have. If you took the time to actually read some of my previous posts you would see that I have predicted this team to hit their stride about midseason and finish the year very strong.

First of all I didn't start this thread. Secondly, I wasn't trying to say that the offense looked bad. It was just that #33 stood out, particularly in the second scrimmage. The offense is probably about where I expected them to be considering the amount of playing experience they have. If you took the time to actually read some of my previous posts you would see that I have predicted this team to hit their stride about midseason and finish the year very strong.

Thanks for the input.Was not implying that you started this particular thread.Thanks for the predictions also.ps:I have read alot of your previous posts.

D-B fans are squabbling because they are in unfamiliar territory.

First of all, some who I know still retain great disappointment with last year's early playoff exit. As it turned out the failure in the red zone at the end of the game was moot as the season ending injury to Sensibaugh would have kept the Indians from advancing past round 2 anyway. However, this was one of D-B's most talented teams in the Graham Clark era and their best chance for a title with Riverdale a little down.

Second, they will probably be 1 - 2 after their first three games. Then they face Oak Ridge at home and travel to Jeff County. It is very unlikely they will lose both of those but there is real concern regarding the worst start in 10 years and failure to win the R-I 5A title for the first time in 7 or 8 years.

Third, the resurgence of the rest of the Big East and the reclassification in 2009 (i.e., Maryville to 5A) will likely only further lessen their chances of playoff advancement. However, this could also help them to continue to run up local wins as Boone and Crockett will likely move to 5A.

D-B fans are squabbling because they are in unfamiliar territory.

First of all, some who I know still retain great disappointment with last year's early playoff exit. As it turned out the failure in the red zone at the end of the game was moot as the season ending injury to Sensibaugh would have kept the Indians from advancing past round 2 anyway. However, this was one of D-B's most talented teams in the Graham Clark era and their best chance for a title with Riverdale a little down.

Second, they will probably be 1 - 2 after their first three games. Then they face Oak Ridge at home and travel to Jeff County. It is very unlikely they will lose both of those but there is real concern regarding the worst start in 10 years and failure to win the R-I 5A title for the first time in 7 or 8 years.

Third, the resurgence of the rest of the Big East and the reclassification in 2009 (i.e., Maryville to 5A) will likely only further lessen their chances of playoff advancement. However, this could also help them to continue to run up local wins as Boone and Crockett will likely move to 5A.

I guess the resurgence that u r speaking of is JC The Hill?Because That has been coming out to JC for a few months now,