D-B MARYVILLE SCRIMMAGE

HONKYLIPS07

D-B fans are squabbling because they are in unfamiliar territory.

First of all, some who I know still retain great disappointment with last year's early playoff exit. As it turned out the failure in the red zone at the end of the game was moot as the season ending injury to Sensibaugh would have kept the Indians from advancing past round 2 anyway. However, this was one of D-B's most talented teams in the Graham Clark era and their best chance for a title with Riverdale a little down.

Second, they will probably be 1 - 2 after their first three games. Then they face Oak Ridge at home and travel to Jeff County. It is very unlikely they will lose both of those but there is real concern regarding the worst start in 10 years and failure to win the R-I 5A title for the first time in 7 or 8 years.

Third, the resurgence of the rest of the Big East and the reclassification in 2009 (i.e., Maryville to 5A) will likely only further lessen their chances of playoff advancement. However, this could also help them to continue to run up local wins as Boone and Crockett will likely move to 5A.

You've only been around since July there punk. 90% of the "squabbling" you are reading is coming from poser DB fans just trying to start crap. The other 10% is coming from me. Cause thats what I do. This has been going on for years. This "DB is down " stuff really heats up about every 10 to 12 years. Mostly its comming from the local team fans in upper east tn. After getting stomped for 10 straight years I can understand why they might be a little bitter. So even "IF" DB has a down year its not the end of the world for the Indians. The cubbord is being restocked and DB is getting ready to go on another 10 year run. Its kinda' like stoping for gas. Don't you just hate that.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've only been around since July there punk. 90% of the "squabbling" you are reading is coming from poser DB fans just trying to start crap. The other 10% is coming from me. Cause thats what I do. This has been going on for years. This "DB is down " stuff really heats up about every 10 to 12 years. Mostly its comming from the local team fans in upper east tn. After getting stomped for 10 straight years I can understand why they might be a little bitter. So even "IF" DB has a down year its not the end of the world for the Indians. The cubbord is being restocked and DB is getting ready to go on another 10 year run. Its kinda' like stoping for gas. Don't you just hate that.

WaCoJaCO you hit the ole nail on the head.Just the sound of DB being down has brought out the bandwagon beating and thumping their chest.But what gets my goat is,the people we have beat for years and I mean years are suddenly at the top of their game.(resurgence I was told )William Blount beat us last year and they might do it this year,who cares.There is alot of luck in any sport and last year is was on their side.DB fans can squabble with each other all we want.It is the DB want to bes that keep the pot stirred up most of the time.I still say even if we are down this year,The Tribe faithful will still be behind the players and coaches 100%.We will play people hard.Squabbling or not,every body has an opinion. Roll Tribe Roll

ETFAN meet Waco. He is being humble about the %10. Glad to see gas prices coming down. Fill her up!

yes plowboy we all have opinions, some just dont matter as much as others. see where people actually care what waco says, you lie on the other end of the spectrum where no would would care if you dropped dead where you sit. squabble this squabble that, everyone knows the Rebels are takin it to the house again this year. Go Rebels

Third, the resurgence of the rest of the Big East and the reclassification in 2009 (i.e., Maryville to 5A) will likely only further lessen their chances of playoff advancement. However, this could also help them to continue to run up local wins as Boone and Crockett will likely move to 5A.

Why in the world would Daniel Boone and Crocket move to 5A?! I guess the more relevant question is HOW? These two schools can BARELY compete in 4A on a regular basis…and that’s not my opinion…that’s a proven fact! Is this just a misinformed rumor or is this a legitimate possibility?

Why in the world would Daniel Boone and Crocket move to 5A?! I guess the more relevant question is HOW? These two schools can BARELY compete in 4A on a regular basis…and that’s not my opinion…that’s a proven fact! Is this just a misinformed rumor or is this a legitimate possibility?

There numbers qualify Cap. Especially Boone. Alot of construction going on in their neck of the woods. You can play up but you can't play down.

There numbers qualify Cap. Especially Boone. Alot of construction going on in their neck of the woods. You can play up but you can't play down.

That is shocking to me to hear that there student count is up there with DB and SHHS, but they can’t ………….! Well…you know where I’m going with this.

DB is now and will remain the Beast of the Upper East.

You only notice how lame they really are when they come out of the hills and play the rest of the state. Against upper east teams they are great. Against the rest they are what .250 at best?

You only notice how lame they really are when they come out of the hills and play the rest of the state. Against upper east teams they are great. Against the rest they are what .250 at best?

I notice how lame you are to even make a stupid statement like that. Care to back it up with some facts????

Oh and by the way. The first Mo-Ron of the week award comes out Saturday. Good luck to you!

yes plowboy we all have opinions, some just dont matter as much as others. see where people actually care what waco says, you lie on the other end of the spectrum where no would would care if you dropped dead where you sit. squabble this squabble that, everyone knows the Rebels are takin it to the house again this year. Go Rebels

Hey there big boy.When Maryville moves up to 5A where they belong,you will have your hands full.The QB and the big end are the best you have got.IMO

If I’m not mistaken…all four GOLD BALLS 2A, 3A, 4A, and 5A are all in the EAST as of 07’. So do you think that despite the popular opinion…a fair appraisement of the state is that there is stiffer competition here in the EAST?