Tyner at Kingston

Volz4ever

Wow man it seems just like yesterday they played each other in the spring. Tyner got it in the Spring but Kingston had most of the starters in Baseball and Track competitions. TynerRamFan u gonna be there? The #39 u talk about is a second string junior also. #5 is a quick FB and almost impossible to bring down. Kingston also got a few new people in the JR and SO levels so they will hopefully be able to keep up on JV unlike the Spring.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow man it seems just like yesterday they played each other in the spring. Tyner got it in the Spring but Kingston had most of the starters in Baseball and Track competitions. TynerRamFan u gonna be there? The #39 u talk about is a second string junior also. #5 is a quick FB and almost impossible to bring down. Kingston also got a few new people in the JR and SO levels so they will hopefully be able to keep up on JV unlike the Spring.

...Unfortunately I won't be able to make it on tomorrow...I have a previous commitment that I must attend...be sure you give us a good report after the scrimmage...the "RAMS" also had several players missing in the Spring...it should be a good one and I hope and pray all of the young men are healthy afterwards!!!

Well it was a close one. I dont know the exact score but Tyner scored the first two touchdowns ,but Kingston answered with two of their own with #39 FB bruising the Tyner defense with a 60 yard carry for Kingstons first touchdown. I'm not sure if Tyner scored anymore after their first two. As for injuries there were a couple Kingston linemen go down. C #63 went down about halfway through but returned to action and the LG #57 got a vicious hit from behind by atleast 5 people to the lower back and behind the knees while locked up with a defensive tackle and did not return to the game.I talked to the docter and he said that it was either a hyperextention(Sp?) or a slipped disk but he looked like he was in alot of pain. Was a fun scrimage and I think that the JV looked very good for Kingston.

Well, its hard to say right now. Pass defense is their concern for defense but as for run defense its the best I've seen Kingston in a while. I do however think that Kingston will be better than last years. They lost a good coach in Robby Collier but Brian Pankey is one of the better defensive line coaches around and he took over the position. IMO opinion they could go 7-3 with an upset over Fulton.

Well, its hard to say right now. Pass defense is their concern for defense but as for run defense its the best I've seen Kingston in a while. I do however think that Kingston will be better than last years. They lost a good coach in Robby Collier but Brian Pankey is one of the better defensive line coaches around and he took over the position. IMO opinion they could go 7-3 with an upset over Fulton.

I see them losing to Catholic, Fulton, AE, and probably two more. They will not beat Fulton. Although Fulton lost a majority of its line on both sides, the speed and depth that Fulton has is not a surprise to anyone but those that say they are going to upset them..

Well it was a close one. I dont know the exact score but Tyner scored the first two touchdowns ,but Kingston answered with two of their own with #39 FB bruising the Tyner defense with a 60 yard carry for Kingstons first touchdown. I'm not sure if Tyner scored anymore after their first two. As for injuries there were a couple Kingston linemen go down. C #63 went down about halfway through but returned to action and the LG #57 got a vicious hit from behind by atleast 5 people to the lower back and behind the knees while locked up with a defensive tackle and did not return to the game.I talked to the docter and he said that it was either a hyperextention(Sp?) or a slipped disk but he looked like he was in alot of pain. Was a fun scrimage and I think that the JV looked very good for Kingston.

...Sounds like a good scrimmage...I pray that the player recovers from his injury...how did Tyner score: rushing, passing or both???

When did Robbie leave and where did he go? He was one of the best coaches I've ever played for and was a big reason we made it to Nashville in '98. I figured he would take over for Vic one day.

Volz4ever:

...You need to tell the whole story...Tyner scored 4 or 5 TD's compared to Kingston-2...the 1st string OL for Tyner left the game after Kingston's 1st TD...also Tyner's JV did well...I had to go to practice to find out what happened in Kingston...after reading your report, Volz4ever and reading Coach Turner's comment after the jamboree on Saturday night I knew I had to investigate further...Turner said..."we wanted to keep building on the work ethic the offensive line turned in at the Kingston scrimmage...We got away from doing that last year, so it was good to see back-to-back days of our offensive line taking control"

...I knew I shouldn't have missed this scrimmage